CONFIRMED Tom Davies signs 3 year deal

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

It's called competition.once up to speed he will be in and about the side

Id actually quite like to see his inclusion come at the expense of a CB. Switch to 442 with a midfield diamond. Sousa at DM Hamer and Davies left and right if the diamond playing box to box and McAtee at the point of it behind McBurnie and Archer..

Talking about switching from a back 3 is taboo however and we shouldn’t even dream about switching..

Can see us chasing games over the next few months due to being over run in midfield and switching to a back 4 and the change becoming organic however.

He doesn't need to start every game to be an asset, would you class Phil foden as an asset at man city? I swear there can't be many fans like ours, literally so many writing a man off who hasn't kicked a ball yet.
Foden despite being the best, still doesn't complete 90mins that often in the city team. Really makes me appreciate Mactee's decision to come to us and fight for 90 minutes a game , it might push him ahead of Foden.

announce tom davies x greta thunberg collaborative Sheffield United 4th shirt made from recycled pint pots and season cards

Id actually quite like to see his inclusion come at the expense of a CB. Switch to 442 with a midfield diamond. Sousa at DM Hamer and Davies left and right if the diamond playing box to box and McAtee at the point of it behind McBurnie and Archer..

Talking about switching from a back 3 is taboo however and we shouldn’t even dream about switching..

Can see us chasing games over the next few months due to being over run in midfield and switching to a back 4 and the change becoming organic however.
Bogle, Larouci, Lowe would all be useless in a 4-4-2 though. They're not fullbacks.

Foden despite being the best, still doesn't complete 90mins that often in the city team. Really makes me appreciate Mactee's decision to come to us and fight for 90 minutes a game , it might push him ahead of Foden.
Precisely my point, he's still an assett for them just like Davies could be for us despite so many writing him off as that seems like the thing to do in our fanbase, be as negative as possible about everything.

Good Interview here. Comes across well, really interesting to see a longer form piece that's not filled with auto response footballer 101 answers.

Lovely lad and a signing I'm very optimistic about.
It might not be soon, might not even be this season, but Heckingbottom and co. have been great at getting the best out of players and Tom Davies is a very talented footballer.

Everton has been a graveyard for players in recent times, I'd be keen not to judge him too harshly on his perceived shortcomings there. New environment, hopefully with more encouragement and lower expectations. If he can stay fit, he'll go well (eventually).

Agreed, for all his progress George still suits playing as a RB more than a RWB.
Anel can 100% play in a back four, how about Trusty as his partner? I wouldn't fancy Egan, I'd probably prefer Robbo to Egan as a 2 in the centre.
I don’t think we’ve currently got one who could partner Anel. Freckleton possibly could in time. But it might be one to look at in January if Hecky is remotely interested in looking at it. We’ve seen nothing to suggest that he is so far.

Slimani playing for the under 21’s to get minutes today.

Still no sign of Tom Davies

Unless he’s already been taken down by the sniper and I’ve missed it - just how unfit can he possibly be. And how is he ever expected to reach match fitness if we aren’t trying to get him minutes? Can he not do 10 mins off the bench as a starting point?

An Odd signing so far given we must have known he was no where near being able to even get on the bench.

He’s injured he was in the gym with RND and Fleck during McAtee’s signing video whereas he was in full training with the rest of the team the week before.

An Odd signing so far given we must have known he was no where near being able to even get on the bench.
So we should only ever sign players who are fit & ready to play 90 minutes straight away?

Maybe we should never have given Ndiaye a chance because he couldn't complete 90 minutes to start with.

What about development squad signings who might not be ready for the first team for a few years, we definitely shouldn't bother with those I guess...

So we should only ever sign players who are fit & ready to play 90 minutes straight away?

Maybe we should never have given Ndiaye a chance because he couldn't complete 90 minutes to start with.

What about development squad signings who might not be ready for the first team for a few years, we definitely shouldn't bother with those I guess...

Yes - that’s definitely the point I was making.

Not the fact we spent a chunk of our modest budget on someone who’s not even fit enough to do ten minutes off the bench for the under 21’s. We don’t have the budget for passengers especially given we lost fleck and Osborn and slimani to injuries already.

If he’s injured then fine it happens - if he’s not fit what’s the point in signing him and went are we expecting a contribution if he can’t get himself up to reserve match fitness despite being here weeks. Especially as the rest of our business was done so late - the season is 10% done already. What are our plans for getting him available to play as it doesn’t appear to be by playing any football

Whatever the reason it's disappointing he's not even ready for minor run outs at Junior level.

Makes you wonder when he will be ready for PL football.

£40k a week on Davies with a 3 year contract to be not ready for the first team for a few years?!!.
Only managed to get himself fit for 22 games last year.
Alarm bells ringing on this one. Could be Heckys Rodwell moment.
He’s injured he was in the gym with RND and Fleck during McAtee’s signing video whereas he was in full training with the rest of the team the week before.
So another one that has fallen victim to the sniper/leaky roof/training programme?!!
He certainly didnt get injured playing a match.
I truly hope he is on the bench on Saturday but recent trends suggest not

Everton did not renew Davies contract at the end of the last PLseason.

At the time he signed for United, the club was short of midfielders, and not in any position to confirm desired signings.

Davies trained with other clubs, and waited for the opportunity to sign a contract that he wanted. PH held on as long as possible, because, although Davies was willing and able to sign, he was not the first choice for Blades.

He was signed at a time when the transfer window for PL talent was in a state of flux, like many other players. His match fitness reflects his status as a free agent. FFS get over yourselves. I am sure he will play when the manager fees that Davies is ready.

Davies is potentially a great asset to the club, whatever his signing cost us.

Everton did not renew Davies contract at the end of the last PLseason.

At the time he signed for United, the club was short of midfielders, and not in any position to confirm desired signings.

Davies trained with other clubs, and waited for the opportunity to sign a contract that he wanted. PH held on as long as possible, because, although Davies was willing and able to sign, he was not the first choice for Blades.

He was signed at a time when the transfer window for PL talent was in a state of flux, like many other players. His match fitness reflects his status as a free agent. FFS get over yourselves. I am sure he will play when the manager fees that Davies is ready.

Davies is potentially a great asset to the club, whatever his signing cost us.
It does sound like Everton had offered him a deal to extend but he turned it down.

£40k a week on Davies with a 3 year contract to be not ready for the first team for a few years?!!.
Only managed to get himself fit for 22 games last year.
Alarm bells ringing on this one. Could be Heckys Rodwell moment.

So another one that has fallen victim to the sniper/leaky roof/training programme?!!
He certainly didnt get injured playing a match.
I truly hope he is on the bench on Saturday but recent trends suggest not

Source?

There is no way on this Earth, he will be on £40k/week for 3 years.

If we stay in the Prem, then with appearance bonuses and a staying up bonus, he may well earn something like that although I suspect it is less.
There is no way the club would offer Brewster/Berge type wages again, with significant relegation clauses.

BTW, I think we get that you don't rate the signing, but give the lad a chance.

Back
Top Bottom