CONFIRMED Tom Davies signs 3 year deal

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Is he better than what we already had before the season started? Definitely, bags of experience of the Prem which we need in our midfield and we need it now not next year which would be the case for Doyle or O'Brien. Even if we pay him £50k per week over 3 years he only costs us £7.5m a lot less than Doyle and O'Brien it could be a case of him and Archer is all we can afford.

Was just asking if anyone knew if another team who had made him an over and no-one could answer, just abuse 🤷‍♂️ 👀
My abilities are similar to yours then pal?
The statement "point made I think" suggests that you weren't just asking about other offers, you had made your mind up already.

In answer to your question, no. I have abilities.

I cannot believe the negativity about this signing. All my Toffee supporting friends/family, say he was offered a new contract, but wanted more game time than Dyche could promise. Not one of them has a bad word to say about the lad. Yes, injuries , lost confidence along the way, but was starting to get back to form.
How many mugs have played 155 Premier league games????? Seriously, some of our fans have delusions of grandeur, we just do not have the financial muscle to compete with top premier clubs, so, this is where we are.

Is he better than what we already had before the season started? Definitely, bags of experience of the Prem which we need in our midfield and we need it now not next year which would be the case for Doyle or O'Brien. Even if we pay him £50k per week over 3 years he only costs us £7.5m a lot less than Doyle and O'Brien it could be a case of him and Archer is all we can afford.
And if you took the money out the bank and burned it in the BBQ you'd probably be gaining as much value from the net spend.
Is he better than what was already here? Not IMO - he isn't. That's the crux of it.
Hamer? - Absolutely better
Slimane? Who knows?
Souza? Time will tell but he has some stats to back it up that he is a decent DM
This lad? - his most notable contribution was being a wardrobe buddy for DCL

I cannot believe the negativity about this signing. All my Toffee supporting friends/family, say he was offered a new contract, but wanted more game time than Dyche could promise. Not one of them has a bad word to say about the lad. Yes, injuries , lost confidence along the way, but was starting to get back to form.
How many mugs have played 155 Premier league games????? Seriously, some of our fans have delusions of grandeur, we just do not have the financial muscle to compete with top premier clubs, so, this is where we are.
Dyche would not promise more time In a shit Everton team where the lad cannot make a dent in the first XI
Tells you the levels we are at.
Nothing about grandeur at all - the stats tell their story and the eye test offers a high degree of confidence that this lad is not going to make a significant contribution other than keeping the U21 subs company.

And if you took the money out the bank and burned it in the BBQ you'd probably be gaining as much value from the net spend.
Is he better than what was already here? Not IMO - he isn't. That's the crux of it.
Hamer? - Absolutely better
Slimane? Who knows?
Souza? Time will tell but he has some stats to back it up that he is a decent DM
This lad? - his most notable contribution was being a wardrobe buddy for DCL
Which is the guy with over 150 Premier league games to his name? He can't be that bad, why the negativity is it because he isn't Tommy Doyle who by the way has little or no Premier League games to his name

Reactions: Gee
Which is the guy with over 150 Premier league games to his name? He can't be that bad, why the negativity is it because he isn't Tommy Doyle who by the way has little or no Premier League games to his name
Cos he is bobbar and played for a bobbar team.
Bite me back when he is a world beater
I'll wait .......:tumbleweed:

The statement "point made I think" suggests that you weren't just asking about other offers, you had made your mind up already.

In answer to your question, no. I have abilities.
(Another insult, that aint the way to win an argument, unless ya 12...🤷‍♂️)

Dyche would not promise more time In a shit Everton team where the lad cannot make a dent in the first XI
Nothing about grandeur at all - the stats tell their story and the eye test offers a high degree of confidence that this lad is not going to make a significant contribution other than keeping the U21 subs company.

Do you rate the likes of Osborne and Fleck if he was fit as better premier league midfielders? I don't personally.

I'd say we can't just have 3 decent starting midfielders, it's a long season and depth is going to play a huge role.

He’s been in and around the set up of a terrible Everton side and still not made a break through.

Can we turn him into a 1st team player or will he just be a squad player… my thoughts are the latter.
If Dyche had him in mind for a starting slot do you think Davies would have moved?
We offered Osborn and Fleck new deals - were they seen as first choice options?
Agree with Kenilworth
He played 33 of 38 2 years ago . Not many of our squads ever played that many. In fact lot of man city players don't play 33 of 38

Do you rate the likes of Osborne and Fleck if he was fit as better premier league midfielders? I don't personally.

I'd say we can't just have 3 decent starting midfielders, it's a long season and depth is going to play a huge role.
No e in Osborn
Fleck was superb but age and fitness is catching up with him.
Fleck better than Davies, 3 years ago, yes - still would be if fit.
Osborn is a utility player and a filler - Shouldn't start if we have sufficient quality in the positions he fills.
Why are you asking? Do you see Davies being more than Osborn 2.0 or Osborn 1.75?

It's only just over a year since none of ndiaye mzcatee and Doyle couldn't get a regular first team place
He got injured he's had one in his career. Name a member of our squad that's mot been out injured

Cos he is bobbar and played for a bobbar team.
Bite me back when he is a world beater
I'll wait .......:tumbleweed:
Nobody is saying he is a world beater we need some bodies in if you haven't noticed but I can't see us signing Messi or Neymar on a free if that's what you're hoping for. He gets a clean slate from me whether he is a starter or just back up.

If Dyche had him in mind for a starting slot do you think Davies would have moved?
We offered Osborn and Fleck new deals - were they seen as first choice options?
You said Dyche doesn't rate him, if he didn't rate him he wouldn't have tried to keep him. He's miles better than osborn and fleck, not saying he's going to keep us in prem but I think he's an upgrade on what we've got.

You said Dyche doesn't rate him, if he didn't rate him he wouldn't have tried to keep him. He's miles better than osborn and fleck, not saying he's going to keep us in prem but I think he's an upgrade on what we've got.
Time will tell.
I don't think he improves us anything - and if he is getting a lot of game time then it means that Slimane and Souza are total failures

Back
Top Bottom