CONFIRMED Tom Davies signs 3 year deal

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I have just read the Daily Mail article about Tom Davies https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...g-former-Everton-sensation-Goodison-Park.html Seems to me a sound bloke and thoroughly professional footballer who has left Everton because he wants to play football.
Remember he has been at the Everton shit show, no consistency in management & a horrendous atmosphere & relations with supporters. I back Hecky to manage him properly and get his confidence back into his play.
Great points. It would be fkin cool if he can be the player he was at Everton, when they were flying and, like you say, not the shit show they have bcome

I have just read the Daily Mail article about Tom Davies https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...g-former-Everton-sensation-Goodison-Park.html Seems to me a sound bloke and thoroughly professional footballer who has left Everton because he wants to play football.
Remember he has been at the Everton shit show, no consistency in management & a horrendous atmosphere & relations with supporters. I back Hecky to manage him properly and get his confidence back into his play.

Fuck the daily mail and all that, but a decent little article into the kind of person we are getting.

Davies is a huge upgrade on Osborn and Fleck so for that reason alone it's a yes from me.

If we had not got promoted and managed to sign him in the Championship we would be drowning in a sea of jiz...
Exactly runs round more gets injured more and error prone with and without the ball

I’m personally not too keen on this signing, just feels like a gap filler in the midfield, he is championship level at best, if Everton are letting him go who nearly got relegated last season, that says enough. Had bright potential when he was younger but now i’m not too sure. Maybe Hecky and his good coaching team can bring him back to the level he should be at.
On first glance, your Everton nearly relegated point seems fair, but in the midfield they had Doucoure and Onana, their midfield wasnt the problem, it was scoring goals.

A gap filler maybe, but hes represented England at every level from u16 - u21's. He has 155 EPL games to his name.

Given we had Bash & Osborn either side of Norwood, there is a gap to fill, at 25 hes also the right age, and has the legs we need to chase the ball

We all got excited when Slimane came in from the Danish league for £3.5m, we pick up this lad for free, but as hes not as exotic as his Tunisian colleague, we somehow feel hes not good enough

Time will tell, but Im not averse to having some EPL experience in there supporting Souza, Hamer and Slimane

Good bit of business, point to prove, right age, EPL experience as long as hes there to back up Doyle, not replace him

He’s been in and around the set up of a terrible Everton side and still not made a break through.

Can we turn him into a 1st team player or will he just be a squad player… my thoughts are the latter.

'We can confirm the club have paid a substantial fee to sign Tom Davies on a free transfer'

In all seriousness, good signing for me this.

Underwhelmed with this one
If Dyche didn't rate him then he isn't good enough.
Is he an upgrade on Osborn?
People touting prem experience of 179 games. Is that 179 game's worth of experience or 1 game's worth in 179 appearances ?
A very, very, squad filler type signing this one.

People touting prem experience of 179 games. Is that 179 game's worth of experience or 1 game's worth in 179 appearances ?
Dyche offered him a deal to stay but Davies turned it down as he wanted to move.

So Everton offered him a contract.... EVERTON. No-one else?
Point made i think 😉
In the short time you have been on the forum you have demonstrated an exceptional ability to not have a clue about a large number of things. What offers he may or may not have had from elsewhere is just the latest example of this.

He’s been in and around the set up of a terrible Everton side and still not made a break through.

Can we turn him into a 1st team player or will he just be a squad player… my thoughts are the latter.
He's a squady in a dressing gown - my thoughts are latter, too.
Lermer would have been an upgrade - see Palace game - this guy in comparison? It's the pond we are forced to fish in.

Dyche played him in almost every game since he took over, and allegedly offered him a new contract

Dyche offered him a deal to stay but Davies turned it down as he wanted to move.
If Dyche had him in mind for a starting slot do you think Davies would have moved?
We offered Osborn and Fleck new deals - were they seen as first choice options?

As a starter? Or as a bloke to come on at the end to give someone else a rest?

Listen, I'm just here to try and offer a counter argument. Do you think I'm digging into the actual facts??

In the short time you have been on the forum you have demonstrated an exceptional ability to not have a clue about a large number of things. What offers he may or may not have had from elsewhere is just the latest example of this.
Was just asking if anyone knew if another team who had made him an over and no-one could answer, just abuse 🤷‍♂️ 👀
My abilities are similar to yours then pal?

Back
Top Bottom