CONFIRMED Tom Davies signs 3 year deal

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Fair play to Florist for refusing to sell to a rival, SUFC meanwhile book a taxi for Berge to Burnley.....not that I'm sorry to see the Norwegian go but it would have been a bit more palatable if it was elsewhere

Fair play to Florist for refusing to sell to a rival, SUFC meanwhile book a taxi for Berge to Burnley.....not that I'm sorry to see the Norwegian go but it would have been a bit more palatable if it was elsewhere

I’m not sure it’s a case of refusing to sell, probably that our valuations differ. I’m sure if we offered £10m for him they’d snap our hand off

id be pleased with tom davies, capped at all england levels but senior, plenty of PL experience 19 games premier league games, seems motivation is still there. as he couldve stayed Everton if he wanted to, but it was his decision to turn down the contract & we need bodies in. if he finds his form we got a great player

Apologies if this has already been pointed out, from the star article:

Everton’s director of football Kevin Thelwell said earlier this summer: “We offered Tom a new contract, but he feels he has reached the stage in his career where he needs regular first-team football.
As a result he wants to look at alternative options away from football.”

I mean, I know we aren’t great, but we are still technically a football team!

If Lineker was 29 years old.... definitely
If Lineker was 29 he wouldn’t have been without a club all summer and while the Saudis are signing everyone.

110 league games and 12 goals in 6 seasons since he left Everton. That’s playing for good teams in his prime

I reckon this transfer strategy of Forest's is going to come back to bite them at some point, once prospective signings twig that if they fall out of favour they'll be prevented from leaving. O'Brien's probably earning decent coin but his career's completely stalled.
Don’t want him. But don’t want you to have him either.

Can well imagine this would go down well with prospective signings.

If Lineker was 29 he wouldn’t have been without a club all summer and while the Saudis are signing everyone.

110 league games and 12 goals in 6 seasons since he left Everton. That’s playing for good teams in his prime
Ross Barkley played 28 times for Nice last season scoring 4 and 2 assists... Nice finished mid table, his last goal was 27 May this year a well taken finish from 20 yards
... are you seriously saying he's not a better gamble than Tom Davies?

Looked like a prospect when he first game on the scene, but seems to have badly faded away. Everton fans really don’t rate him reading through their forums I’ve seen him described as the ‘worst player to ever pull on a shirt’ and they’ve been poor for a while.

But obviously a player in there he showed it early in his career, he has a desire to play (hence leaving Everton who offered a contract) and an amount of experience that will help some of the other new lads. As others have said, I was probably against this a week or two ago, but actually think it’s a reasonable gamble as I don’t imagine wages are crazy, and Hecky is probably the bloke to give him the confidence back.

There's a tax to doing deals with teams around you. At £15M and with Berge in the last year of his contract I'd certainly say Burnely paid that.
If we offered Forest £10M they'd have done the deal, we just weren't interested at that level. Quite rightly. We'll have another look next year I'm sure.

Last edited:
Ross Barkley played 28 times for Nice last season scoring 4 and 2 assists... Nice finished mid table, his last goal was 27 May this year a well taken finish from 20 yards
... are you seriously saying he's not a better gamble than Tom Davies?
Yes. I’m saying he’s not a better gamble than Tom Davies. I thought that was clear.

Back
Top Bottom