CONFIRMED Tom Davies signs 3 year deal

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

No I didn't jump into an exchange. I simply responded to you after you had quoted my post starting with a 'dear me' and then proceeded to finish off with 'people can be so narrow minded'. So am I supposed to think you are not making reference to my post after all then? Stop talking shit. We all have our opinions and strangely enough yours don't carry any more weight than anyone else's.
Like I say, narrow minded.

He's better than the 4/5 players that played in the midfield Saturday, I don't think he'll be benched HH.
I agree with that, but once the window is shut and we possibly have a midfield three of Sousa Hamer Doyle, with Slimane as back up I can’t see Davies getting past that three, think he’ll be sat with Slimane. Could be wrong though and he could start off amazing for us and cement his place in the side 🙏

Deary me.

Lots of narrow minded people on this forum.

A few bad games that you’ve seen on tv doesn’t make him a poor player, and no, a few good games against poor opposition doesn’t make him a world beater.

However look at the evidence.

More premier league experience than our squad combined (that will need fact checking but I’m confident 🤪), represented all England youth levels, young, PH wants him and is great with the young players. Plays any role in midfield and can carry the ball.

For SUFC he is the perfect midfielder to sign with his flexibility to pad out our squad.

If we’d signed Archer and Doyle and then got TD, people would be waxing lyrical about what a great addition he is. Don’t be short sighted - this is excellent and shrewd business.
Wes 1
Basham 91
Egan 68
Baldock 71
Lowe 9
Anel 1
Robinson 21
Bogle 16
Larouci 1
Seriki 1
Fleck 61
Norwood 71
Osborn 38
Brooks 1
Slimane 1
Souza 1
Brewster 27
Mcburnie 75
Osula 1
Jebbison 4
Traore 1
Hackford 2
Total 563
Davies 155

A big jump from our top (Bash). I'm surprised Mcburnie is 2nd. You could probably take fleck out of that too.

Well that's that then. He must be a reight player if he's had a good game against us. I remember Stuart Slater at West Ham and Stuart Ripley of Boro ripping us a new one on a few occasions. What they up to these days?

Glad weve got him now. 😏
Aye
The Stuart Ripley who made > 200 PL appearances?
The Stuart Ripley that won a PL medal?
The Stuart Ripley that played for England?
The 55 year old Stuart Ripley that is now a solicitor?
That Stuart Riley

NB can’t be arsed to research Sturt Slater but I’ll hazard a guess (informed by your ‘insight’ re Ripley) that he had a decent career n’all

I remember New York fashion week, been once. Tom Davies probably is in the more conservative bracket based on some of the outfits i’ve seen.

My favourite moment was some lad in a giant fur coat absolutely shit it from an angry group of PETA protesters. Thought he was a gangster till them hippies appeared.

I’m actually really excited if this comes off.
I think he’ll be a great player for us and fans will love him.
He gives 100%, is technically very strong and looks to progress up the pitch with the ball.
I’ve seen several folk discussing that Souza winning the ball but will need someone to progress it. That would be Hamer obviously but also very much plays into Davies’ strengths.

Last edited:
I agree with that, but once the window is shut and we possibly have a midfield three of Sousa Hamer Doyle, with Slimane as back up I can’t see Davies getting past that three, think he’ll be sat with Slimane. Could be wrong though and he could start off amazing for us and cement his place in the side 🙏
Wouldn't surprise me one bit that if we got Doyle, Davies keeps him out of the team

I think he could be handy and will be better than fleck etc but it doesn’t excite me that much.

I think for a free it makes sense though now flecky is on crutches. He says he wants first team football so hopefully will have a desire to get back to his former self of a few years back.

Him plus 1 more in midfield (doyle) then we just need to replace Ndiaye and need striker.

Not an exciting signing after Hamer but a decent player. Whilst no player I'd truly free, can't pass up opportunities if it allows for some talent up top. Plus, as Saturday showed, we need depth in midfield

Well that's that then. He must be a reight player if he's had a good game against us. I remember Stuart Slater at West Ham and Stuart Ripley of Boro ripping us a new one on a few occasions. What they up to these days?

Glad weve got him now. 😏

Aye
The Stuart Ripley who made > 200 PL appearances?
The Stuart Ripley that won a PL medal?
The Stuart Ripley that played for England?
The 55 year old Stuart Ripley that is now a solicitor?
That Stuart Riley

NB can’t be arsed to research Sturt Slater but I’ll hazard a guess (informed by your ‘insight’ re Ripley) that he had a decent career n’all

Dammit, I was going to say that Stuart Ripley won a league title and I had hoped no-one had beaten me to it.

I think he could be handy and will be better than fleck etc but it doesn’t excite me that much.

I think for a free it makes sense though now flecky is on crutches. He says he wants first team football so hopefully will have a desire to get back to his former self of a few years back.

Him plus 1 more in midfield (doyle) then we just need to replace Ndiaye and need striker.

Assuming this deal is done, then we have Norwood and Souza for the DM role, Hamer and Davies for the box to box position, and then Slimane and the rest to cover as required. That feels like enough to cover 3 CM roles, assuming that will be the formation.

I suspect we might prioritise the AM/No.10 and striker now.

Back
Top Bottom