CONFIRMED Tom Davies signs 3 year deal

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

They clearly didn't see when they won At Bramall where the rating for him said this:

Tom Davies – 7.5​

Davies really impressed a lot of people in this game, he was given the freedom to be the more creative of the two central midfielders and the 22-year old really shined in this role.

Well that's that then. He must be a reight player if he's had a good game against us. I remember Stuart Slater at West Ham and Stuart Ripley of Boro ripping us a new one on a few occasions. What they up to these days?

Glad weve got him now. 😏

Well that's that then. He must be a reight player if he's had a good game against us. I remember Stuart Slater at West Ham and Stuart Ripley of Boro ripping us a new one on a few occasions. What they up to these days?

Glad weve got him now. 😏
Was in response to the person that said he was shit whenever he saw him play and I imagine the above game is one of the couple 👌👌

I can't say I have watched him much over the years, but since this ramped up today I have been looking into bits and bobs about him and it sounds like this could be a smart signing.

Comes across as a decent enough lad (silly dress sense aside) and has plenty of PL experience. Suspect he might relish the chance to re ignite his career somewhere too.

The midfield is starting to take shape now, with Souza and Norwood as the holding options, Hamer and Davies as the box to box faction, and then we have the versatile Slimane and (if needed) Ozzy, with Fleck and the young lads as cover. We do need an AM or two as well, but we are getting there now.

Glad weve got him now. 😏
Deary me.

Lots of narrow minded people on this forum.

A few bad games that you’ve seen on tv doesn’t make him a poor player, and no, a few good games against poor opposition doesn’t make him a world beater.

However look at the evidence.

More premier league experience than our squad combined (that will need fact checking but I’m confident 🤪), represented all England youth levels, young, PH wants him and is great with the young players. Plays any role in midfield and can carry the ball.

For SUFC he is the perfect midfielder to sign with his flexibility to pad out our squad.

If we’d signed Archer and Doyle and then got TD, people would be waxing lyrical about what a great addition he is. Don’t be short sighted - this is excellent and shrewd business.

Absolutely this, lad deserves more than a bit of slack for declining form

I'll assume ignorance to the situation in this instance, but anyone who saw/read about the interview Alli did with Neville can't possibly be holding anything against him at this point. Fans do need to be reminded of the human element to the game more often.

Asked an Everton season ticket holder that I have known for over 40 years for his opinion on Tom, a second Everton season ticket holder agreed with him.
"Tom seemed to have lost his confidence at Everton last year . I think He needs a fresh start at a new club and I think he will be a good signing for you"

Deary me.

Lots of narrow minded people on this forum.

A few bad games that you’ve seen on tv doesn’t make him a poor player, and no, a few good games against poor opposition doesn’t make him a world beater.

However look at the evidence.

More premier league experience than our squad combined (that will need fact checking but I’m confident 🤪), represented all England youth levels, young, PH wants him and is great with the young players. Plays any role in midfield and can carry the ball.

For SUFC he is the perfect midfielder to sign with his flexibility to pad out our squad.

If we’d signed Archer and Doyle and then got TD, people would be waxing lyrical about what a great addition he is. Don’t be short sighted - this is excellent and shrewd business.

In your opinion. In mine, he ain't all that and could (notice I say 'could') be an expensive white elephant signing with his signing on fee and no doubt not insignificant wages. That said, I hope he tears it up if he does end up signing for us.

Or aren't people allowed a different view to yours? I do agree with you though that some on here can be very narrow minded. 😏

Signed for us but contract was cancelled after failing a medical
Front row far left in below photo

View attachment 168389
Aye
That’s what I was alluding to.
I remember getting giddy when we ‘signed’ such a ‘big name’player
Mind I was similarly excited later that season (?) when we ‘captured Jinky Jimmy - until I saw him ‘play’ (sic)

Saw him when he was 18 and thought he was fucking amazing. Same game where Barkley rocked up with a black eye. Barkley were average but scored, Davies just looked so composed and skilful for someone so young.

In your opinion. In mine, he ain't all that and could (notice I say 'could') be an expensive white elephant signing with his signing on fee and no doubt not insignificant wages. That said, I hope he tears it up if he does end up signing for us.

Or aren't people allowed a different view to yours? I do agree with you though that some on here can be very narrow minded. 😏
You’d jumped into an exchange where I was simply pointing out that a small sample size of games is now way to judge a player good or bad.

It is narrow minded to write off a player on said sample size when there is so much evidence to the contrary.

I haven't watched premier league football other than when we are in it for years, generally haven't had the time. So I have no idea about this lad. Just googled him and was surprised he's 25. The way everyone was talking earlier in the thread I assumed he was in his early 30's. Good age and experience, but again I know very little else about him.

You’d jumped into an exchange where I was simply pointing out that a small sample size of games is now way to judge a player good or bad.

It is narrow minded to write off a player on said sample size when there is so much evidence to the contrary.

No I didn't jump into an exchange. I simply responded to you after you had quoted my post starting with a 'dear me' and then proceeded to finish off with 'people can be so narrow minded'. So am I supposed to think you are not making reference to my post after all then? Stop talking shit. We all have our opinions and strangely enough yours don't carry any more weight than anyone else's.

Back
Top Bottom