CONFIRMED Tom Davies signs 3 year deal

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

His career's been going nowhere and he hasn't seemed particularly bothered it's been going nowhere.
If he's now demanding shitloads for giving us the pleasure of his services probably best avoided.
The one plus I can give him is he could have stayed at Everton and carried on claiming a wage to not play very much. By sounds of it they offered him a contract. If that's the case he must want to play.

Maybe he will hold out for one, maybe he won't get one, who knows?
As is his right, but we don't need to wait around if that's his choice. If we're getting Doyle and Palmer soon, then it's not quite so critical.
He's not someone we need to break our rules for, unlike, say, someone like Hamer or Doyle.

As is his right, but we don't need to wait around if that's his choice. If we're getting Doyle and Palmer soon, then it's not quite so critical.
He's not someone we need to break our rules for, unlike, say, someone like Hamer or Doyle.
He does appear to be possibly waiting till last min to see what his best options, which could mean he isn’t match fit till sometime September if he holds out for much longer

He does appear to be possibly waiting till last min to see what his best options, which could mean he isn’t match fit till sometime September if he holds out for much longer
Exactly… why sign players now that aren’t match fit or close too??

We need starters asap that will impact games. 2 out of next 3 matches are points opportunities!

Exactly… why sign players now that aren’t match fit or close too??

We need starters asap that will impact games. 2 out of next 3 matches are points opportunities!
I do get the fans looking at the fixture list and picking out the must wins but Hecky and the players can’t do that, they have to think they can go almost anywhere and win, they have to think if we can beat Palace at home then we can beat them away as well

Rightly it wrongly, whatever camp you fall into, the club has to think that they have as much chance of staying up from sept 1 as they have from Aug 12th

Obviously picking points up before helps, that’s beyond doubt, but the club and all the other clubs have to think that both transfer windows can help them otherwise what’s the point in having them

"IF", theres literally no guarantee of us getting eather, there are issue with Doyle on a perm, as Hecky has eluded to.
His first choice on loan is also Mcatee, and I think that's what he's holding out for, and as we can only have 1 on loan, if its correct that we cant afford Doyle, then we may end up with none, and Davies on a free, may be one of our only options.
Unfortunately money talks, and without it, were saying fuck all.

"IF", theres literally no guarantee of us getting eather, there are issue with Doyle on a perm, as Hecky has eluded to.
His first choice on loan is also Mcatee, and I think that's what he's holding out for, and as we can only have 1 on loan, if its correct that we cant afford Doyle, then we may end up with none, and Davies on a free, may be one of our only options.
Unfortunately money talks, and without it, were saying fuck all.
Then we move on. We're not in a position to throw out our principles for a free transfer who's not willing to commit early.
GLTTL.

Let's at least hit pause on Davies until after the Forest game when their tune might change on OBrien
definetly im sure hecky still wants obrien and i think the player would come here plus he would fit in to our set up especially if we can get tommy doyle as well maybe fridays game might give us an opportunity to see if forests stance with his price has weakened at all

This is fair comment. It’s a test of his motivation if he’s willing to accept the going rate of a low end prem club in order to get his career moving again.

If he doesn’t fancy it, no problem, move along. If he does, great, hop aboard.
Aye
Already turned down one “low end prem club” - that’s why he’s ‘available’ 😉

Then we move on. We're not in a position to throw out our principles for a free transfer who's not willing to commit early.
GLTTL.
To who? This is the issue, we dont have cash to throw around, its not new news, weve known this for months, Hecky is doing what he can with what he's got.
I'm sure if you know of some cheap or free gems that our scouting department have missed, then Hecky would be over the moon if you could point them out!, if not, its just a waiting game with time we dont have and money we have less of unfortunately.

To who? This is the issue, we dont have cash to throw around, its not new news, weve known this for months, Hecky is doing what he can with what he's got.
I'm sure if you know of some cheap or free gems that our scouting department have missed, then Hecky would be over the moon if you could point them out!, if not, its just a waiting game with time we dont have and money we have less of unfortunately.
So what are you proposing? We remove the clauses for a player who's likely to be on the bench for most games?

Has he had a preseason? Barely worth signing if he’s going to take 4-6 weeks to get up to speed?

I'm very suspicious with this one , what's wrong with this guy that no one's snapped him up ????

I'm very suspicious with this one , what's wrong with this guy that no one's snapped him up ????

Plenty of players still free.. inc hazard and De Gea.

Probably thinks he's worth bigger wages than most are offering and seeing what crops up but as I said before he was supposedly offered a new contract by Everton so if he was just money grabbing you'd think he'd have just signed that.

I'd be happy if we signed him. Always been impressed with his energy and ability to break forward.

He might have disappeared up his own arse, but he's only 25 so he's in the prime of his career. Perhaps spending all summer with no prospect of employment at his former salary level has been a reality check

More than happy if we sign an experienced PL midfielder at 25 years old on a free.

Can’t see him being introduced ‘t crowd next home game like our Guuuuussssss (who, coincidently dresses like proper bloke), meh
Not sure. Didn't like them horrible ripped jeans. Maybe we've made a mistake.

Back
Top Bottom