Todays the Day WO x IN

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Osula needs to improve his decision making mainly. I’m hoping he’s making these bad decisions down to the hunger for his first goal but I guess time will tell.

did we learn nothing from ousting DCL at this club

he missed loads of chances and was let go due to the clamour to get shot

Asaba sees real promise in Osula , lets not destroy a youngster before hes given the opportunity to shine
Rewriting history again.

He wasn't going to feature that season and we used the money to strengthen the team that we otherwise wouldn't have been able to do.

Whilst there may have been some who weren't convinced by him, there was no 'clamour' to get shot.

Calvert Lewin got hammered on here and online generally, but don't fool yourself that S24SU or twitter etc represents the Blades fanbase at large. At the club he was always very highly rated and tipped for a big future. I went the totally opposite way to the critics which was very much a minority opinion. I was happy to be a laughing stock as it was patently obvious he was a huge fan alent (same with Ramsdale). Osula and Jebbo are babies that in an ideal world would be signed on long term deals and loaned out. Striker that are ready for the top two levels of football at 19-20 are rarer than hens teeth.

DCL even referred to the hammering he got later in his career, which just goes to show how aware of negativity these lads are. Boyhood United fan too. It was as shameful really.:

Calvert Lewin got hammered on here and online generally, but don't fool yourself that S24SU or twitter etc represents the Blades fanbase at large. At the club he was always very highly rated and tipped for a big future. I went the totally opposite way to the critics which was very much a minority opinion. I was happy to be a laughing stock as it was patently obvious he was a huge fan alent (same with Ramsdale). Osula and Jebbo are babies that in an ideal world would be signed on long term deals and loaned out. Striker that are ready for the top two levels of football at 19-20 are rarer than hens teeth.

DCL even referred to the hammering he got later in his career, which just goes to show how aware of negativity these lads are. Boyhood United fan too. It was as shameful really.:

These so called Blades do a lot of damage. They think they know it all and are the sort of people who would scream and shout at their own sons in junior football matches

One of Daniel Jebbison or Will Osula will start against Palace. Not because they're good or ready, but because McBurnie is injured (unless he recovers by then), Brewster isn't ready yet, Traore hasn't played a minute for us and will need time "to acclimatise to English football and our way of playing," or some other excuse. So we literally have no one else. So let's stop bigging them up. Neither look ready and if all our stikers were fit and ready then we wouldn't have been having this debate.

I'd rather send both out on loan to the Championship this season so we know which one can lead the line next season when we're back down there. Them playing in the Championship will benefit them and us more than having them sit on the bench in the Premier League all season. They both need to be playing to gain valuable experience confidence and neither has played a lot at Championship level. It's not like either will be scoring a crap load of goals to keep us up. Let's be real.

One of Daniel Jebbison or Will Osula will start against Palace. Not because they're good or ready, but because McBurnie is injured (unless he recovers by then), Brewster isn't ready yet, Traore hasn't played a minute for us and will need time "to acclimatise to English football and our way of playing," or some other excuse. So we literally have no one else. So let's stop bigging them up. Neither look ready and if all our stikers were fit and ready then we wouldn't have been having this debate.

I'd rather send both out on loan to the Championship this season so we know which one can lead the line next season when we're back down there. Them playing in the Championship will benefit them and us more than having them sit on the bench in the Premier League all season. They both need to be playing to gain valuable experience confidence and neither has played a lot at Championship level. It's not like either will be scoring a crap load of goals to keep us up. Let's be real.
And that in itself is embarrassing. Why did we let Billy go?

I mean, he hasn’t got a club yet… he’s not the answer no but this could be horrific for Osula and Jebbo without someone experienced lining up with them.

And that in itself is embarrassing. Why did we let Billy go?

I mean, he hasn’t got a club yet… he’s not the answer no but this could be horrific for Osula and Jebbo without someone experienced lining up with them.
Because Billy is 38, did absolutely nothing in two seasons in the Premier League and made little to no impact last season in the Championship. If you think Sharp is what we need in the Premier League this season then you're deluded. He's past his best. He's a United legend and always will be but it was right to let him go. It would've been a waste of wages, wages that we clearly don't have to spare on nothing more than sentiment. I'd rather have Didsy back than Sharp, at least he'd track back and link up the midfield to the front line.

Because Billy is 38, did absolutely nothing in two seasons in the Premier League and made little to no impact last season in the Championship. If you think Sharp is what we need in the Premier League this season then you're deluded. He's past his best. He's a United legend and always will be but it was right to let him go. It would've been a waste of wages, wages that we clearly don't have to spare on nothing more than sentiment. I'd rather have Didsy back than Sharp, at least he'd track back and link up the midfield to the front line.
I’m deluded for thinking we might need an experienced head upfront with 2 substandard young kids, ah. It’s me, I’m the problem 😂

Dids? He’s at a club with better prospects than us I’m afraid, no chance.

Today's the day when we realise how good the WO x IN partnership will be for us moving forwards.

Breakthrough game for WO.

I reckon these two will click, bang the goals in and form a partnership that we start the season with.

🚀
Rocketman? More like Space Oddity

I’m deluded for thinking we might need an experienced head upfront with 2 substandard young kids, ah. It’s me, I’m the problem 😂

You really seem to be enjoying this

If Billy is so good still that he could do a job for us in the Premier League at 38, then why hasn't he signed for a new club yet? Surely a 38 year old Premier League experienced goal scorer would have loads of clubs queuing up for his services? Stop living in the past. He's 38 years old, past his best (sadly), has had one good season in the last four for us and isn't good enough for the Championship anymore.

Sharp is a legend for the great seasons he gave us, but none of them were in the Premier League, and he wouldn't magically become a great Premier League striker now just because he's Billy Sharp.

If Billy is so good still that he could do a job for us in the Premier League at 38, then why hasn't he signed for a new club yet? Surely a 38 year old Premier League experienced goal scorer would have loads of clubs queuing up for his services? Stop living in the past. He's 38 years old, past his best (sadly), has had one good season in the last four for us and isn't good enough for the Championship anymore.

Sharp is a legend for the great seasons he gave us, but none of them were in the Premier League, and he wouldn't magically become a great Premier League striker now just because he's Billy Sharp.
Yes, I was being entirely serious suggesting we sign Billy Sharp

Yes, I was being entirely serious suggesting we sign Billy Sharp
It's all well and good saying we need experienced heads to play alongside Osula or Jebbo, but we don't play two strikers anyway. We play one striker with Ndiaye behind them in support. So no one can really help them unless we change formation, which Hecky won't do. Hell, we only changed formation against Rotherham because of injuries, and that was a s*** show as a result.

It's all well and good saying we need experienced heads to play alongside Osula or Jebbo, but we don't play two strikers anyway. We play one striker with Ndiaye behind them in support. So no one can really help them unless we change formation, which Hecky won't do. Hell, we only changed formation against Rotherham because of injuries, and that was a s*** show as a result.
I’m not serious about signing Billy Sharp, but we definitely need a good striker

Love Billy to bits (see my posts from 2015/16/17 etc etc etc), but he is not the answer.

He couldn't do it last season
The Prem would be far worse, like seeing your favourite old dog not able to stand up any more.

I’m not serious about signing Billy Sharp, but we definitely need a good striker
We all know that but unless we land the mother of all loan signings, we ain't gonna get one. When everyone is fit McBurnie will be #1 starter with Brewster and Traore slugging it out to be #2 if/when McBurnie gets injured.

We need midfielders as we need to keep Norwood, Fleck and Ozzy out of the starting line up if we have any chance of creating chances for the front line. All three have had their day. In pre- season Berge has shown that he can play Norwood's role with better tracking back and defending while creating more and better chances than Norwood does.

Back
Top Bottom