This is appalling

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I couldn't give a monkeys if their Donkeys or not , all though your talking a load of rubbish. Not every body in a team has to be Ronaldo, I'll settle for a few with harts like Bash any day, unlike some on here....

That being said, there is quite a sad stat... this is the first time we've gone consecutive games without losing (in all competitions) since January, beating Plymouth in the Cup 2-1 then Man United in the league 2-1.

No it's not.

We beat Carlisle 1-0 in the league cup and followed that up with a 0-0 draw at Swansea in the league.

I know a lot of people are blaming Wilder for this crock of shite. I understand the anger.

But just take Berge as an example.
He was playing champions league football for his last club. He was well regarded and on the radar of some top sides.

Signing him seemed like a real coup and no one criticised Wilder for signing him at the time. We thought we had landed a real touch of class.

Who would have predicted that he would turn out to be a nesh, lumbering, slow witted, cart horse?

He’s not the only one that has totally failed to live up to any reasonable expectations. In fact most of them have. Wilder couldn’t have known this any more than any of us did at the time.

It's gone beyond frustration for me now. It's completely depressing and I'm anxious about what Tuesday will bring, if anything. If nothing, we're in for another very long and painful season.

but they're still the guys and gals who pay the fat/bloated/undeserved wages

Tickets probably pay about a third of our wages.

Think you have to go down a few leagues before voting with your wallet really makes a huge dent.

Tickets probably pay about a third of our wages.

Think you have to go down a few leagues before voting with your wallet really makes a huge dent.

Well my vote is to keep attending same as I did in division 4 and past 56 years
As for tickets paying 'third of our wages', it will be a different story in league 1 and the end of Sky money (sic)

It's a shambles throughout the club right now:

1) The board wasting the opportunity given to us by paracute payments
2) The board fibbing to the new manager about transfers
3) The manager picking the likes of Fleck who can't do it anymore
4) The poor pre-season leaving us undercooked

The shambles started in the summer of 2020 with that gastly transfer window and the divide between Wilder and the board reaching fever pitch. It's been one massive sh1t-fest since then.

We are crying out for 2 central midfielders. Norwood and Fleck were awesome during the rise, but have been terrible for 18 months.

Replace these two and possibly Baldock (who I like but is regressing), and I think we're close. Probably need a keeper too, as I had high hopes for Verrips.

Defence ok, wingbacks ok, strikers - impossible to judge as they never get any chances. It's centre mid that's the problem and we all know it. Get two more in here, along with Ndiaye (?), Freeman and possibly Brunt, bin Norwood and Fleck and we are competitive again.

We need some new blood but imo we are not far off.

UTB

What did they do to Knill? They paid him to do fuck all (gardening leave) and then he went and got another job. It's not like they had him cleaning the bogs.

If you think that’s fair then good for you.

I would say offering him a none role…basically a demotion having done a superb job for all that time, without hardly a mention is pretty shitty. And that was so they could try get out of paying compo!

This lot in charge will soon be seen as worse than KM. alarm bells are seriously ringing now for me and I had my concerns a long time ago, difference this time is it looks like
SJ won’t be walking with some block on him giving his side.

We are crying out for 2 central midfielders. Norwood and Fleck were awesome during the rise, but have been terrible for 18 months.

Replace these two and possibly Baldock (who I like but is regressing), and I think we're close. Probably need a keeper too, as I had high hopes for Verrips.

Defence ok, wingbacks ok, strikers - impossible to judge as they never get any chances. It's centre mid that's the problem and we all know it. Get two more in here, along with Ndiaye (?), Freeman and possibly Brunt, bin Norwood and Fleck and we are competitive again.

We need some new blood but imo we are not far off.

UTB
Is it only us who can fucking see this!

From an outsiders perspective, I'm struggling to see how Wilder cops the blame for employing a manager who's methods are a bad fit for your current squad.

You've got players who had Forest nowhere near the relegation zone when they were with us, and better players in the squad to boot. A manager who's a better fit wouldn't have you anywhere near the bottom 3, even with no additions.

From an outsiders perspective, I'm struggling to see how Wilder cops the blame for employing a manager who's methods are a bad fit for your current squad.

You've got players who had Forest nowhere near the relegation zone when they were with us, and better players in the squad to boot. A manager who's a better fit wouldn't have you anywhere near the bottom 3, even with no additions.
The issue is the engine room for us it’s just not there we’re playing ok but the legs and creativity have just drained out of fleck and Norwood (it’s not just this season but last year also) and that means we’re creating literally nothing. We might have a few more points bypassing them and playing kick and rush but in the grand scheme of things we wouldn’t be any better off.

Too right, for us to get a player to fit into what ever our system is £23,000,000 is about £23,000,000 too much.
We like donkeys at this club, only donkeys can succeed with the only "style" of play that we can make work
We were complemented for our style by pundits everywhere, only 18 months ago. You repeatedly typing this nonsense doesn’t make it any more correct.

The fact of the matter is, this club is currently lacking even the slightest modicum of leadership.

The board are silent, they certainly aren't physically present in and around Sheffield, they aren't interfacing with the fans and they aren't communication their intentions or ambitions, for this next week, or the season ahead or the medium-term.

In Wilder we had a man who some argue had too much influence but that's because he'd managed us from a lower league position, in a lower league way, to lower league success. He spoke, regularly and frankly and openly.

Now, Slav hasn't had time to get his feet under the desk. He also isn't being given the backing and resource to steer the ship he wants it to go, he doesn't have the resources to be able to lead us. That isn't his fault.

But yet again, the leadership is absent and lacking. The lack of steer is horrifying - financially, strategically, tactically, communicatively. It's all incredibly poorly done.

I'm watching the Sunderland til I die Netflix documentary as I type this, and we feel on a fast-track to that level of farce.

So the board need to be present, visible and in communication with the fans.

They need to outline their hopes and ambitions. They need to outline the resources available (to Slav, not expecting that to us) and they need to show backing and some ambition.

Either that, or the free-fall will be sudden and sharp.

The fact of the matter is, this club is currently lacking even the slightest modicum of leadership.

The board are silent, they certainly aren't physically present in and around Sheffield, they aren't interfacing with the fans and they aren't communication their intentions or ambitions, for this next week, or the season ahead or the medium-term.

In Wilder we had a man who some argue had too much influence but that's because he'd managed us from a lower league position, in a lower league way, to lower league success. He spoke, regularly and frankly and openly.

Now, Slav hasn't had time to get his feet under the desk. He also isn't being given the backing and resource to steer the ship he wants it to go, he doesn't have the resources to be able to lead us. That isn't his fault.

But yet again, the leadership is absent and lacking. The lack of steer is horrifying - financially, strategically, tactically, communicatively. It's all incredibly poorly done.

I'm watching the Sunderland til I die Netflix documentary as I type this, and we feel on a fast-track to that level of farce.

So the board need to be present, visible and in communication with the fans.

They need to outline their hopes and ambitions. They need to outline the resources available (to Slav, not expecting that to us) and they need to show backing and some ambition.

Either that, or the free-fall will be sudden and sharp.
Get sudden up front with sharp!

I wouldn't watch this lot against Peterborough if you bought me a ticket and sat me on Cameron Diaz's knee.
You'd be better sat on the knee of David Cameron, he'd fit in with the rest of the useless cunts at the lane!

The issue is the engine room for us it’s just not there we’re playing ok but the legs and creativity have just drained out of fleck and Norwood (it’s not just this season but last year also) and that means we’re creating literally nothing. We might have a few more points bypassing them and playing kick and rush but in the grand scheme of things we wouldn’t be any better off.
Engine room, fuck me we need a new engine!

You'd be better sat on the knee of David Cameron, he'd fit in with the rest of the useless cunts at the lane!

Engine room, fuck me we need a new engine!
Don’t tell me the roof there has been leaking as well?

Back
Top Bottom