The Team to keep us up

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

FallowfieldBlade

The Names Blade Fallowfield Blade
Reaction score
.Ramsdale

Baldock-Basham-Egan-Amapdu-Stevens

Fleck ——-Norwood

BERGE

Brewster —- Mcburnie

Somethings got to change tactically we need our best player on the ball the most and that’s Berge who would be a monster in the duffy role

99% of all our problems come from down the left we’re basically playing with a league one LCB and an average championship LB we need enda back massively and ampadu who can keep the ball. If we keep with Lowe/Bryan we may aswell be playing with one leg

If we can keep that line up that played against Liverpool injury free we still have a good chance of getting 6 more points than Burnley/West Brom & fulham

UTB

Ampadu a player I rate has been awful at LCB, Berge also been poor

Ramsdale
Baldock Basham Egan Bryan Stevens
Lundstram Norwood Fleck
Mcburnie Brewster

You’re missing JOC.

McBurnie shouldn’t be near a team that will keep us up. He epitomises the ‘tries hard but not quite good enough’ that will see us relegated. He played well yesterday, but he makes us play long. It’s like Rob Hulse, we all knew he was a decent target man but was never going to keep us up on that alone.

You’re missing JOC.

McBurnie shouldn’t be near a team that will keep us up. He epitomises the ‘tries hard but not quite good enough’ that will see us relegated. He played well yesterday, but he makes us play long. It’s like Rob Hulse, we all knew he was a decent target man but was never going to keep us up on that alone.

To be fair, he probably would have if not for his injury. After all we only got relegated by two goals.

.Ramsdale

Baldock-Basham-Egan-Amapdu-Stevens

Fleck ——-Norwood

BERGE

Brewster —- Mcburnie

Somethings got to change tactically we need our best player on the ball the most and that’s Berge who would be a monster in the duffy role

99% of all our problems come from down the left we’re basically playing with a league one LCB and an average championship LB we need enda back massively and ampadu who can keep the ball. If we keep with Lowe/Bryan we may aswell be playing with one leg

If we can keep that line up that played against Liverpool injury free we still have a good chance of getting 6 more points than Burnley/West Brom & fulham

UTB
Have we got 2 Berge's in the team he has been neat and tidy but a monster no, he isn't a game changer and doesn't have the nous to do the Duffy role. He's 6 feet 5 inches tall and is useless in the air, we must have had 50 corners this season and I can't recall him winning one. He probably would do well in the Belgian or Spanish leagues but it looks like the hurly burly of the prem is to much for him sadly.

I personally don't think any combination of players in our squad can keep us up now.

But I'd like to see us do the following;

.........................Ramsdale
..........Basham.....Egan......Ampadu
Baldock......Berge.......Norwood.........Stevens
..............Lundstram........Fleck....
..........................McBurnie

Pack the midfield & at least try to get a foothold in games. At the moment we're being battered through the middle.

Burke, Brewster and Mousse up top.

Berge or Lunny going box to box with Ampadu holding.

Osborne at LWB.

Prey to all you hold dear that JOC comes back soon, or we get a decent replacement.

The rest picks itself.

You’re missing JOC.

Hulse would have kept us up but you’re right we should never have played him after he broke his leg 😂

We've got to try something, anything as this just isn't working anymore. Someone needs to get Einstein's quote framed and stuck on the wall in CW's office.

I don't even subscribe to the theory that we can't change formation due to the players we have all being bought to fit into our current formation.

Not saying which would be best but all the below would be doable with the players we have and can't be any worse.

...........................Rambo........................................
..........Bash........Egan.......Stevens/Bryan.........
George.....Berge......Fleck.....Osbourne/Stevens
..............McB/McG........Burke.............................
............................Brewster......................................

............................Rambo.........................................
.......Bash .............Egan......Stevens/Bryan........
George... Berge..... Fleck...... Osbourne/Stevens
.....McB/McG,....Brewster....... Burke.........

...........................Rambo.....................................
George...Bash..........Egan..........Stevens
........................Norwood..................................
Loan Signing...Berge...Fleck....Burke.....
.....................Brewster/McB............................

...........................Rambo....................................
George.....Bash.........Egan..........Stevens
...........Berge...............Norwood....................
Loan Signing....McG............Burke.............
....................Brewster/McB............................

..........................Rambo...................................
George...Bash........Egan..........Stevens
......Lunny.......Berge.........Fleck..................
..McB/McG...Brewster...Burke..................

You lost me at Norwood

Norwood isn’t good enough anymore, got to get Moussett fit and play him Burke and Brewster/McBurnie. We need to attack and score some goals!!
You’d of thought we were the away team yesterday with how we sat back.

Put Norwood next to Berge. All of the sudden Norwoods lack of mobility is far less exposed & Berge has more ability to drive forward with the ball to start some attacks.

The two of them will be able to help each other out by always giving each other an option to pass to.

It will prevent teams doing what Leicester did to us on Saturday - Maddison just tracked Berge whenever we had the ball & we had to go long.

At the minute we play with 2 up front & 1 of them ends up so deep that they're completely ineffective anyway. Let's try and actually play a bit of football and move up the pitch together as a team. Let's have Lundstram and Fleck attacking the box.

I'm just sick of our broken system. Wilder is talking delusional nonsense in pretending this is all just the players fault. It isn't.

Hulse would have kept us up but you’re right we should never have played him after he broke his leg 😂
I thought the same at the time, but actually he just emphasised our one dimensional play. Like McBurnie is this season. He’d probably have scored 10 though so might have kept us up.

I thought the same at the time, but actually he just emphasised our one dimensional play. Like McBurnie is this season. He’d probably have scored 10 though so might have kept us up.
The funny thing with McBurnie, if you asked him how he'd like to be used, it wouldn't be someone heading long balls all game.

.....................Ramsdale
......... Basham Egan Ampadu
Baldock...............................Stevens
................Berge.......Fleck
.....................McBurnie
..............Mousset Brewster

Burke/sharp as subs here but if brewster doesn't improve soon I'd play Burke alongside mousset

Mcgoldrick interchangeable with mcburnie both have played the role before and can get in the box for crosses

Fleck plays a deep lying playmaker and is interchangeable with Norwood and berge box to box/mezzala style getting forward into the half spaces when we go forward interchangeable with lundstram

Osborn can fill in for left cm or lwb he's better than Lowe tbh

Robinson interchangeable with ampadu

The main time McBurnie looks decent is when he's playing as the deeper forward trying to link play or run on to the ball rather than being back to goal with the ball miles over his head.

The problem with all these suggestions are the words Berge and Fleck, those two have never played well together, Berge's best performances have all been games where Fleck has been missing and Fleck has rarely performed since Sander arrived. Whether it's 3-5-2 or 4-3-3, the rancid middle 3 will remain a problem, but 4-4-2 or 3-4-3 would be completely suicidal with only two in the middle.

I'd almost be tempted to throw Rodwell in, not because I'd expect him to be good, but because Norwood is so bad, Lundstram wants out, and Berge and Fleck don't work together so it can't get much worse.

Burke/sharp as subs here but if brewster doesn't improve soon I'd play Burke alongside mousset

Mcgoldrick interchangeable with mcburnie both have played the role before and can get in the box for crosses

Fleck plays a deep lying playmaker and is interchangeable with Norwood and berge box to box/mezzala style getting forward into the half spaces when we go forward interchangeable with lundstram

We will still go down with that team.

We would be surrendering even more of the middle of the park with this.
I respect your opinion, but I really don't think the answer is losing another midfielder for an attacker.

People are desperate for the "return of the Duffy role." At this level, we're nowhere near good enough to play with that system.

I do wonder if berge could play lcb.. He can definitely get forward and is 6ft5 and strong af and quite pacey then play fleck ampadu lundstram in midfield maybe

We've got to try something, anything as this just isn't working anymore. Someone needs to get Einstein's quote framed and stuck on the wall in CW's office.

I don't even subscribe to the theory that we can't change formation due to the players we have all being bought to fit into our current formation.

Not saying which would be best but all the below would be doable with the players we have and can't be any worse.

...........................Rambo........................................
..........Bash........Egan.......Stevens/Bryan.........
George.....Berge......Fleck.....Osbourne/Stevens
..............McB/McG........Burke.............................
............................Brewster......................................

............................Rambo.........................................
.......Bash .............Egan......Stevens/Bryan........
George... Berge..... Fleck...... Osbourne/Stevens
.....McB/McG,....Brewster....... Burke.........

...........................Rambo.....................................
George...Bash..........Egan..........Stevens
........................Norwood..................................
Loan Signing...Berge...Fleck....Burke.....
.....................Brewster/McB............................

...........................Rambo....................................
George.....Bash.........Egan..........Stevens
...........Berge...............Norwood....................
Loan Signing....McG............Burke.............
....................Brewster/McB............................

..........................Rambo...................................
George...Bash........Egan..........Stevens
......Lunny.......Berge.........Fleck..................
..McB/McG...Brewster...Burke..................
I wonder if Bogle would be ok in that "Loan Signing" position?? Like the idea anyway of getting more in that midfield, even if that means switching to a back 4. Play 4-5-1 if need be.

You’re missing JOC.

He was our best players yesterday

Back
Top Bottom