The team next year?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Likewise.
No need to play him in PL.
Certainly no need to make him captain v Man Utd.
Launch him as a secret weapon on an unsuspecting Championship in August.
But no.
We have to show him off.
The only sensible reason for this is to sell him to a PL club.
Mind you , there's a crumb of comfort in that we are anything but sensible when it comes to recruitment.
Don't forget.
This is a club who made Diddy David McGoldrick come on trial before we'd sign him.
And yet , gave long contracts to two players with very little recent playing time , in Tom Davies & Gbric , the latter of abject quality.
With our scouting & recruitment committee , anything can happen.
Do you seriously think the top teams had not heard or watched Arblaster before he got in the first team ?
They know about all these players with their excellent scouting systems from them being kids

Do you seriously think the top teams had not heard or watched Arblaster before he got in the first team ?
They know about all these players with their excellent scouting systems from them being kids
Yes they did

The only team who didn’t know about Blaster was us

I agree, although there is knowing about and there is seeing them not look out of place on an actual pitch against good quality opposition.

I am glad he got the chance though, he seems like a good lad and will go onto good things, unfortunately it's unlikely to be with us so let's enjoy having him while we can

Definitely, our son’s worked as academy performance analyst for a championship team, scouts there every week

Arblaster might be sold and loaned back, pre season is important this year, on and off the field imo, funny how we buy our season tickets and don't know who we will be watching 🤔 like buying a lucky dip!

Arblaster might be sold and loaned back, pre season is important this year, on and off the field imo, funny how we buy our season tickets and don't know who we will be watching 🤔 like buying a lucky dip!
Ever like those deals.

Develop them for someone else.

May as well keep them and get the appreciation yourself!

Loans are ok whie you have them. When they return, it leaves a big hole to fill.

Fair point.
But it's one thing playing well for Port Vale and another playing for us at Old Trafford yet not looking out of place against decent PL teams.
Anyway , I did say we aren't sensible when it comes to transfers , so maybe the reason wasn't actually to put him in the shop window.
I guess we'll never know.
Just hope he's here in September.

Jebbison
Osula
Trusty
Brooks
Slimane
Larouci
Osborn
Traore
RND
Brewster
Davies x2
Norwood
Baldock
McBurnie
Ahmedhodzic
Souza
Basham
Egan
Wes
Grbic
Lowe

All are either not good enough, will be leaving or cannot be relied upon based on fitness or are returning from longer term injuries to be pencilled in for a place in first 11. Probably not even exhaustive.

Hamer
Arblaster
Robinson?
Bogle?
….

Probably the only names I’m happy to see starting next season.

Big summer ahead.
Agree except for the last 2

For me the certain positions we have and what's needed for a starting 11... (Obviously different formations will be used)

GK - ???

RCB - ???
CB - Egan
LCB - Robinson

RWB - Bogle
RCM - Hamer
CM - Arblaster
LCM - ???
LWB - ???

ST - McBurnie
 ST - ???

Green - Players under contract
Red - New players needed
Blue - Players with new deals

For me the certain positions we have and what's needed for a starting 11... (Obviously different formations will be used)

GK - ???

RCB - ???
CB - Egan
LCB - Robinson

RWB - Bogle
RCM - Hamer
CM - Arblaster
LCM - ???
LWB - ???

ST - McBurnie
 ST - ???

Green - Players under contract
Red - New players needed
Blue - Players with new deals
Squad players I'm happy to also have..

Amissah
Trusty
RND
Osborn
Davies
Brooks
Slimane
Brewster
Osula
Jebbison

Try get some money back on..
Anel
Souza
Traore

Back
Top Bottom