The State of Sheffield United's Finances

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

It’s not that easy. I’m not a tutor.

You leap about, fffp in this case - maybe if your comments were more firmly based as questions rather than taking a guess at what things could mean and throwing it out there .
I don’t think you’re one of the “Arabs nicked money” clowns but you may not understand the workings sometimes discussed because you’ve no experience. That’s the way of the world.
I'm not asking you to be a tutor. Just a conversation that you can ignore 🤷‍♂️

I'm not asking you to be a tutor. Just a conversation that you can ignore 🤷‍♂️

You’ve asked plenty of questions regarding the accounts/finances before. You don’t seem to take anything in.

I think your initial foray into this thread mentioned ffp and getting it arse uppards with loans and equity. Then you need to grasp the fact that BL, SU and PA are desperate legal entities and there are legal and accounting laws and principles that determine how transactions are dealt with. It’s not something you can pick up that easily on a forum. The whys and wherefores of the accounting treatment of the UW loan and the differing treatment in the various sets of accounts is understandable by experience. Otherwise people then jump to another question whilst not fully cognisant with what they’ve already been told. Then rinse and repeat.

But l’ll just not reply in future, as you wish. :)

You’ve asked plenty of questions regarding the accounts/finances before. You don’t seem to take anything in.

I think your initial foray into this thread mentioned ffp and getting it arse uppards with loans and equity. Then you need to grasp the fact that BL, SU and PA are desperate legal entities and there are legal and accounting laws and principles that determine how transactions are dealt with. It’s not something you can pick up that easily on a forum. The whys and wherefores of the accounting treatment of the UW loan and the differing treatment in the various sets of accounts is understandable by experience. Otherwise people then jump to another question whilst not fully cognisant with what they’ve already been told. Then rinse and repeat.

I'd go back and say a load of "that's not what I said" but life's too short. I'll make sure not to ask 👍

I hope they are separate and not desparate, otherwise we maybe up shit creek

I'd go back and say a load of "that's not what I said" but life's too short. I'll make sure not to ask 👍

No you ask away. Telling people they maybe shouldn’t post or answer isn’t for me.

My point was the way you often do it. But hey ho, you’ve got BTL onside so it’s not all bad….err…..

No you ask away. Telling people they maybe shouldn’t post or answer isn’t for me.

My point was the way you often do it. But hey ho, you’ve got BTL onside so it’s not all bad….err…..
See, you're being disingenuous now. That's not very nice.

😂😂 thought that last one would raise a chuckle

No harm, no foul. I'll save my financial illiteracy for someone else

Note to the pigeon. Don’t play chess with BTL. When you have checkmated him, he’ll say he’s won, mention Real Madrid and Barcelona and confuse himself.

Don’t rule out him shitting on the board either……
It'll hardly show one pigeon shit amongst all the undecipherable crap

On a different topic, I've run the Ramsale numbers through the Balham transfer fee generator. I'm 99% sure we paid Bournemouth an initial £16.75m then a £250k bonus payment, probably for his England call up. Both we and Bournemouth had 25% sell on clauses in the original signing deals.

View attachment 163936

We are going to receive a guaranteed £24m from Arsenal. We owed Bournemouth £2.75m of that and then we used the remaining £21.25m as security for a loan from Macquarie bank. That loan is in the creditors section.
No I was roundly mocked for saying we paid £13m. It was £18m plus because a paper said so and the Prince bigged up the price.

I
I reckon the video is just Darren (ElAccounto) reacting to the 21/22 accounts, that were released into the public domain this week. He's just stating facts, making informed judgements based on professional knowledge and personal insight. Nothing there to suggest he has access to deeper information that he's choosing to not make public. Just a man, taking in/analysing public domain data , about a subject he appears to be very knowledgeable in and talking about it in 'layman's' terms.
I think you will find that both ‘El Accounto’ and SUW are on good terms with PA and do not wish to impair that relationship, or hinder future access to the Prince while he remains owner of the club.
No malice to either side in my comments. 😊

In other words, I found the video useful and interesting, but I also suspect they are more fully informed than most, but do not wish to queer the pitch for themselves. 🤷‍♂️

Good episode - thanks Hal (and El Accounto).

I guess there is a danger of over compensating for past mistakes. We spent more than we could afford on signings last time we went up and have been bitten over the following years through the resultant amortisation. Since then we've been really reluctant to spend on signings, so we have a lot of contacts running down.

Hopefully by getting 4+ permanents in on 3-4 year deals without financially crippling ourselves and some contacts extended we'll find a sensible balance.

Many thanks to Hal & Darren for a very informative video.
Clearly the Prince bet the house last season by not selling key player assets & from the video it is clear that in 12 months time the financial results for the past season will be eye wateringly bad! They should include promotion bonuses & Anel signing fees - all ahead of EPL riches to be received this year.

I think we all realise (& accept) the need for more modest player purchases this time.
But I am concerned that last season's financials may well lead to serious FFP issues re accumulated losses on our return to the EFL.
But for now we look forward in hope (rather than expectation) for a more enjoyable Prem season than last time!

UTB

I don't think the initial outlay on players was the issue, it was their lack of resale value once we got relegated. I don't know whether we kept them as a strategic gamble (which one could argue has paid off two seasons later), or because no one wanted them for a price we were happy with.

I don't think the initial outlay on players was the issue, it was their lack of resale value once we got relegated. I don't know whether we kept them as a strategic gamble (which one could argue has paid off two seasons later), or because no one wanted them for a price we were happy with.
If we'd not have overpaid for them in the first place then the resale value wouldn't have been an issue.

Back
Top Bottom