The State of Sheffield United's Finances

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

YorkBlade

Reaction score
I get the breakdown from accountant Darren Smith looking at the accounts for Sheffield United season 21/22 we talk about a number of things including:

▪️ Parachute payments
▪️ The real fee we received for Ramsdale
▪️ Agents fees
▪️ Red Flags in these accounts for what came later with the transfer embargo
▪️ What is the point of United World?!
▪️ and loads more
Enjoy 👏

WATCH:

As with all our free content these are also available as audio podcasts just search 'Sheff United Way' wherever you get your podcasts.

There I am thinking "this fucking link dunt work" ........
...then I spot the message "Premieres in 29 minutes".

I get the breakdown from accountant Darren Smith looking at the accounts for Sheffield United season 21/22 we talk about a number of things including:

▪️ Parachute payments
▪️ Agents fees
▪️ and loads more
Enjoy 👏

WATCH:

As with all our free content these are also available as audio podcasts just search 'Sheff United Way' wherever you get your podcasts.

The point of UW is to massively overpay for services we don't use and pay executive salaries for executives to not focus on United, leaving a massive hole in the United football administration side of the business.

Does it say we are fucked? Don't have time to watch can someone Bullet point?

Don't get me wrong, I like the Prince, iv defended him numerous times but if we wer financially foooked I don't think he,d make a vid before the start of the season and put everyone on a downer even if we were, It wouldn't make sense, hopefully there's some good news! 😂

The point of UW is to massively overpay for services we don't use and pay executive salaries for executives to not focus on United, leaving a massive hole in the United football administration side of the business.

I've not even looked at the headlines of the accounts let alone the detail but I'd be absolutely amazed if you can post one single shred of evidence for that statement 🤔

May I suggest that you don’t understand much of the whole set up, without which we would have been in a complete financial mess this year.

▪️ Parachute payments
▪️ Agents fees
▪️ and loads more
Enjoy 👏

WATCH:

Top video that. Darren does a cracking job of breaking things down and explaining some utterly opaque football finance systems.

Bottom line - we were fucked, we're not as fucked anymore, promotion came at the perfect time, we're still minnows swimming in shark infested waters.

I've not even looked at the headlines of the accounts let alone the detail but I'd be absolutely amazed if you can post one single shred of evidence for that statement 🤔
We pay a minimum of £1.5m a year (£2m the previous fy) for a combination of scouting services we haven't been able to utilise and Executive salaries despite thete being zero influence from UW on day to day activity at United.

May I suggest that you don’t understand much of the whole set up, without which we would have been in a complete financial mess this year.
May I offer you this opportunity to explain to me the benefits UW has brought to United

On this point again.

Have we seen any benefit of UW scouting services over the last 4 seasons?
Have we seen a marked improvement in off pitch administration over the last 4 seasons?
Do we have sufficient experience and knowledge, specifically for the use of United in the huge gap between PH and Bettis (who isn't an experienced football executive either, his background is consultancy and real estate)?
Has there been any benefit of United being linked to clubs in other countries?

The "single shred of evidence" is the amount of money that goes out of the club and the lack of improvement off the pitch in the areas UW is supposed to support

I'll take the evidence if 4 years plus the details of the accounts over the narrative of the friend of the owner 🤷‍♂️
Understood. We just differ in our interpretation of all the evidence over 4 years and who knows I may be completely wrong !!

▪️ Parachute payments
▪️ Agents fees
▪️ and loads more
Enjoy 👏

WATCH:

A very worthwhile video. It should be considered essential reading for any member on here who has Doubts about the clubs financial dealings.

Worth considering that in order to make this valuable information freely available, there could be issues they were not able to discuss in order to maintain the essential access to the bloke at the top of the tree?

I am doubtful about UW as I don’t fully understand it but looking at the big picture... since the set up we are now in our 3rd season in the PL so the system is a lot better than it was before.
I think the question no one knows the answer to is whether we've achieved 'because of' or 'in spite of' the presence of UW.

A very worthwhile video. It should be considered essential reading for any member on here who has Doubts about the clubs financial dealings.

Worth considering that in order to make this valuable information freely available, there could be issues they were not able to discuss in order to maintain the essential access to the bloke at the top of the tree?

I reckon the video is just Darren (ElAccounto) reacting to the 21/22 accounts, that were released into the public domain this week. He's just stating facts, making informed judgements based on professional knowledge and personal insight. Nothing there to suggest he has access to deeper information that he's choosing to not make public. Just a man, taking in/analysing public domain data , about a subject he appears to be very knowledgeable in and talking about it in 'layman's' terms.

Back
Top Bottom