The Sheff United Way - Thread

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Watch this live at 7pm or anytime after*

*If you write your thoughts live tonight they will appear on screen and I can confirm that the board and their representatives WILL be watching, its your chance to be heard.

Just got around to listening to this. Not sure I agree on that bloke's point about us setting an objective be in the top 26 clubs in the country over the next 5-7 years. Notwithstanding the fact that there's a lot of evidence to suggest we already are (Our last 5 finishes have been 30th,22nd,9th,20th,25th), it's very unambitious.

Now I'm not suggesting we should be gung-ho and say top 6 or anything ridiculous, but surely the aim over the next 5-7 years should be to become an established Premier League side, so more like the top 15 sides in the country.

I'm the bloke who made that point. Possibly didn't explain it properly! What I was trying to say is over the next 5 to 7 years we may have to accept being a yo yo club. Think if we can spend 2 or 3 of those years in the prem and use the money wisely on good players, improving the training facilities and the youth set up ect we then have a great chance of establishing ourselves as a top 17 team!

I'd love nothing more than to go up next season as champions and stay in the prem for 10 years but I just feel that's unrealistic. I understand I sounds unambitious maybe but I think it's where we are as a club. We need to be well run and have realistic goals as no one is going to just give us 100 million to spend on players and bankroll a promotion.

Hindsight is great and looking back now we probably could and should have spent our prem money better. But I think as fans at the time we all wanted money spending on the squad when maybe some should have been put aside for other things.

Certainly not saying I'm right and that's one of the reasons I love football as everyone has differing opinions and love the debate, but ultimately we all want the same thing.....Sheffield United to be a club we can all be proud of...and at the moment I believe we are going that way! Utb

I'm the bloke who made that point. Possibly didn't explain it properly! What I was trying to say is over the next 5 to 7 years we may have to accept being a yo yo club. Think if we can spend 2 or 3 of those years in the prem and use the money wisely on good players, improving the training facilities and the youth set up ect we then have a great chance of establishing ourselves as a top 17 team!

I'd love nothing more than to go up next season as champions and stay in the prem for 10 years but I just feel that's unrealistic. I understand I sounds unambitious maybe but I think it's where we are as a club. We need to be well run and have realistic goals as no one is going to just give us 100 million to spend on players and bankroll a promotion.

Hindsight is great and looking back now we probably could and should have spent our prem money better. But I think as fans at the time we all wanted money spending on the squad when maybe some should have been put aside for other things.

Certainly not saying I'm right and that's one of the reasons I love football as everyone has differing opinions and love the debate, but ultimately we all want the same thing.....Sheffield United to be a club we can all be proud of...and at the moment I believe we are going that way! Utb
Thanks for the response and clarification!

I understand we as fans may have to accept being a yo-yo club (and tbh, that would in a way be better than being a ‘Palace’). But, in terms of the club’s strategic objective, that should be higher, because part of getting to that place would probably mean being a yo-yo club for a few years anyway. If the club’s objective (not what needs to happen to get there) is to be a yo-yo club, I can’t help but think we’ll just end up languishing in the Championship.

They say “aim for stars and you’ll probably reach the sky”. But we both know that United’s history is more like reaching the loft hatch!

The day before we heard about McAtee's medical, Hal tweeted that he was in the process of making (or at least starting research on) one "or two" of these videos 🤔
No I tweeted that on 13th July. Khadra and McAtee cover that.

With what we now have available as attacking midfielders I think it is odds on that Sander Berge is on his way in the next few weeks.
Would be a shame if Berge went. With some movement around him , like MGW last season, it would open up space for him to roam around and command the midfield. He can’t do that when Norwood and Fleck keep playing in reverse and losing possession.

UTB !

This kid looks the real deal, though a tad lightweight.

I really think he is an upgrade on MGW and will do better though, he just needs some protection and I don't think we have an enforcer to put in the team to help him out, unless we have another incoming we don't know about?

Somehow we won in 2 categories last year. That was largely thanks to you and your incredible support. We are back again to try and retain at least one of the gongs! If you'd like to help us, we'd once again be very grateful.

To vote for us in the Football Content Awards:

➡️ Visit https://t.co/v6ToPaFQen
🗳️ Vote: Type 'Sheff United Way'
🏆 Award categories: ✅
🎙 Best Podcast ✅
📽 Best Club Content Creator ✅
📹Best Content Creator ✅

Attachments

• 20220822_181421.jpg
    20220822_181421.jpg
    539.8 KB · Views: 38
Somehow we won in 2 categories last year. That was largely thanks to you and your incredible support. We are back again to try and retain at least one of the gongs! If you'd like to help us, we'd once again be very grateful.

To vote for us in the Football Content Awards:

➡️ Visit https://t.co/v6ToPaFQen
🗳️ Vote: Type 'Sheff United Way'
🏆 Award categories: ✅
🎙 Best Podcast ✅
📽 Best Club Content Creator ✅
📹Best Content Creator ✅
Fuck knows how, but we'll done regardless.

;)

Back
Top Bottom