The Run In Bingo

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

It looks a tough run-in, Roy.

Cheer up, Bob. Not been able to shut you up all season banging on about Middlesbrough this, Middlesbrough that. We're miles clear and our injuries aren't even that bad...

UTB. What a time to be alive.
9 points pretty much seals it, 10 points definitely does.

I’d be very surprised if we went 7 games without winning half of them.

Even during our recent blip our form from Boro - Luton results we picked up 9 points. That was our worst run of the season against 4 of the better teams in the league.

I’m also a pessimist but we’d really have to fuck this up 🤣

Sheffield United's remaining fixtures

• Millwall (A).......................Draw 0-0 = 1pt.............Actual score 3-2 to Millwall
  • Watford (H).....................Lose 1-0 = 0pt................Actual score 1-0 to Blades
  • Blackburn (A).................Lose 3-0 = 0pt...............Actual score 1-0 to Blackburn (Should have been 3-0 hit bar and post)
  • Reading (A)....................Lose 2-1 = 0pt..................Actual score 1-0 to Blades.....................already 5 points better off than my predictions 👍
  • Luton Town (H)............Win 1-0 =3pts..................Actual score 1-0 to Luton...............its swings and roundabouts with these 1-0 wins/loss'
  • Sunderland (A)............Lose 4-0 = 0pt...................Actual score 2-1 to Blades...............back into the groove,
  • International Break
  • Norwich City (A)........Lose 2-0 = 0pt..................Actual Score 1-0 to Blades..............as above ^^^^
  • Wigan (H)....................Win 2-0 = 3pts..................Actual score 1-0 to Blades...............as above ^^^^
  • Burnley (A)...................Lose 4-0 = 0pt....................Actual score 2-0 to Burnley.............i were half reyt.
  • Cardiff City (H)..........Win 2-1 = 3pts
  • Bristol City (H)............Lose 2-1 = 0pt
  • Huddersfield (A)........Win 1-0 = 3pts
  • West Brom (H).............Lose 2-1 = 0pt
  • Preston (H)...................Draw 2-2 = 1pt
  • Birmingham (A)........Lose 1-0 = 0 p
Boro's remaining fixtures

• QPR (H)...............................Win 2-0 = 3pts .............. Actual score 3-1 to Boro
  • West Brom (A)................Draw 1-1 = 1pt................Actual score 2-0 to WBA
  • Reading (H).....................Win 3-1 = 3pts.................Actual score 5-0 to Boro
  • Swansea (A)....................Win 2-1 =3pts...................Actual score 3-1 to Boro
  • Stoke (H)..........................Win 2-0 =3pts....................Actual score 1-1.
  • Preston (H)......................Draw 1-1 = 1pt..................Actual score 4-0 to Boro
  • Huddersfield (A).........Win 3-0 =3pts.....................Actual score 4-2 to Huddersfield..............Thanks uncle Neil.
  • Burnley (H).....................Lose 2-1 = 0pt....................Actual score 2-1 to Burnley.............ive cracked it
  • Bristol City (A)..............Lose 2-1 = 0pt....................Actual score 2-2 .
  • Norwich City (H).........Lose1-0 =0pt
  • Hull City (H)..................Draw 1-1 = 1pt
  • Luton Town (A)...........Lose 2-0 = 0pt
  • Rotherham (A)............Win 1-0 = 3pts
  • Coventry (H)................draw 2-2 =1pt

• Millwall (A).......................Draw 0-0 = 1pt.............Actual score 3-2 to Millwall
  • Watford (H).....................Lose 1-0 = 0pt................Actual score 1-0 to Blades
  • Blackburn (A).................Lose 3-0 = 0pt...............Actual score 1-0 to Blackburn (Should have been 3-0 hit bar and post)
  • Reading (A)....................Lose 2-1 = 0pt..................Actual score 1-0 to Blades.....................already 5 points better off than my predictions 👍
  • Luton Town (H)............Win 1-0 =3pts..................Actual score 1-0 to Luton...............its swings and roundabouts with these 1-0 wins/loss'
  • Sunderland (A)............Lose 4-0 = 0pt...................Actual score 2-1 to Blades...............back into the groove,
  • International Break
  • Norwich City (A)........Lose 2-0 = 0pt..................Actual Score 1-0 to Blades..............as above ^^^^
  • Wigan (H)....................Win 2-0 = 3pts..................Actual score 1-0 to Blades...............as above ^^^^
  • Burnley (A)...................Lose 4-0 = 0pt....................Actual score 2-0 to Burnley.............i were half reyt.
  • Cardiff City (H)..........Win 2-1 = 3pts

• QPR (H)...............................Win 2-0 = 3pts .............. Actual score 3-1 to Boro
  • West Brom (A)................Draw 1-1 = 1pt................Actual score 2-0 to WBA
  • Reading (H).....................Win 3-1 = 3pts.................Actual score 5-0 to Boro
  • Swansea (A)....................Win 2-1 =3pts...................Actual score 3-1 to Boro
  • Stoke (H)..........................Win 2-0 =3pts....................Actual score 1-1.
  • Preston (H)......................Draw 1-1 = 1pt..................Actual score 4-0 to Boro
  • Huddersfield (A).........Win 3-0 =3pts.....................Actual score 4-2 to Huddersfield..............Thanks uncle Neil.
  • Burnley (H).....................Lose 2-1 = 0pt....................Actual score 2-1 to Burnley.............ive cracked it
  • Bristol City (A)..............Lose 2-1 = 0pt....................Actual score 2-2 .
  • Norwich City (H).........Lose1-0 =0pt
Pathetic

Still wheeling this out? I have no idea why!
It’s ridiculously negative, it’s completely wrong on every conceivable level, Luton haven’t been factored in, etc etc
There’s just no point to it.
Probably best if you lay this one to rest CB

It’s ridiculously negative, it’s completely wrong on every conceivable level, Luton haven’t been factored in, etc etc
It will carry on till the end.

Luton were'nt factored in because when it began they were'nt a factor.

Like flogging a dead horse!
keep-calm-and-flog-that-dead-horse.png

1681312965248.png

The above model would have us promoted (unknowingly) by Wembley.
However, over West Brom with our game in hand would put it beyond doubt mathematically with 3 games to go.

This assumes we only win one of our remaining 6 games and still has us promoted very comfortably.

Important we put Cardiff away on the weekend. That will give us a huge margin for error and make the cup trip to Wembley feel very much like a promotion party.

However, over West Brom with our game in hand would put it beyond doubt mathematically with 3 games to go.

Be nice to have it done before Wembley, but as long as it's done during one of our home games, that's enough. Can celebrate at the lane then.

We kick off before Luton and Boro in the next 2.

Cardiff 12:30pm versus 3pm for those two.
Bristol City day before those two.

So in the unlikely event that Luton and Boro don't win either of their next 2 and we win both, we'd be promoted on a day we're not playing.

So, i'll settle for the WBA game

• International Break
  • Cardiff City (H)..........Win 2-1 = 3pts..................Actual Score 4-1 to Blades ............doubled.

• Norwich City (H).........Lose1-0 =0pt.......................Actual score 5-1 to Boro

• International Break
  • Cardiff City (H)..........Win 2-1 = 3pts..................Actual Score 4-1 to Blades ............doubled.

• Norwich City (H).........Lose1-0 =0pt.......................Actual score 5-1 to Boro
Screenshot_20230416-081739.png

1681754992259.png

Luton a couple of points ahead of where I thought they'd be which could still make it slightly uncomfortable for us. I didn't expect them to beat Rotherham away but hadn't appreciated how strong they are away from home (more wins on the road than any other side in the division). I suspect they'll beat Reading away and Hull at home which gets them to 80 points, hoping they drop some points in their trickier encounters with Boro (H) and Blackburn (A).

I'm worried about the impact the Man City cup tie could have on us and hope there isn't any distractions or "after the Lord Mayor's show" effects.
A win for us tomorrow night and I think its pretty much done.

Anyway, still have us going up with a couple to spare but relying on Luton not beating Middlesbrough or Blackburn.

View attachment 158170

Luton a couple of points ahead of where I thought they'd be which could still make it slightly uncomfortable for us. I didn't expect them to beat Rotherham away but hadn't appreciated how strong they are away from home (more wins on the road than any other side in the division). I suspect they'll beat Reading away and Hull at home which gets them to 80 points, hoping they drop some points in their trickier encounters with Boro (H) and Blackburn (A).

I'm worried about the impact the Man City cup tie could have on us and hope there isn't any distractions or "after the Lord Mayor's show" effects.

Anyway, still have us going up with a couple to spare but relying on Luton not beating Middlesbrough or Blackburn.
You keep changing your own predictions! You should work for a tv company to massage the viewing figures in order to attract advertising revenue!

View attachment 158170

i dont see luton catching us theyve 3 really tough games coming up at reading home to boro and away to blackburn plus hull wont be a gimme for em their playing well just now honestly cant see luton getting more than 7 points from those games

You keep changing your own predictions! You should work for a tv company to massage the viewing figures in order to attract advertising revenue!

You're aware that predictions are likely to evolve over time dependent on form etc..?

Permutations!

Comparing against Luton, there are 19,683 possible permutations of our five games and their four games. Of those, we come out ahead on point in 18,509 permutations, level in 531 and behind in 643. That's 96.7% of permutations seeing us 'up'.

Comparing against Boro, there are the same 19,683 permutations but, because of our better start, we come out ahead in 19,533, level in 91 and behind in just 59. That's 99.2% of permutations seeing us finish above Boro.

2 wins puts us on 85 and a draw 86 , luton only can get 86 but our gd blinds theirs
2 wins and a draw from 5 games , and certain promotion ensured

Id have took that last August

if boro manage to beat luton on monday 1 win and a draw does it

Huge game tonight.
Feels like the Coventry game at the lane when we won league 1-the belief sunk in after that game and we were on a high till the very last day.

Love some permutations, me.

We're down to 6,561 possible permutations of results in a two-way comparison.

Against Luton, 6,459 of those permutations have us finishing above them on points, 59 are level and 43 have us finishing behind Luton on points. Because our GD is likely to be better, that means that 98.4% of permutations have us going up.

Against Boro, only 1 of the 6,459 have them beating us on points (they have to win all four of their games and we have to lose all four). 4 permutations have us level (them winning all of their games and us picking up one single point), and the other 6,454 permutations have us ahead. With our GD being worse in the event of level points, that means 99.9% of permutations have us finishing above Boro.

I'm starting to think we've got a good chance, here.

Love some permutations, me.

We're down to 6,561 possible permutations of results in a two-way comparison.

Against Luton, 6,459 of those permutations have us finishing above them on points, 59 are level and 43 have us finishing behind Luton on points. Because our GD is likely to be better, that means that 98.4% of permutations have us going up.

Against Boro, only 1 of the 6,459 have them beating us on points (they have to win all four of their games and we have to lose all four). 4 permutations have us level (them winning all of their games and us picking up one single point), and the other 6,454 permutations have us ahead. With our GD being worse in the event of level points, that means 99.9% of permutations have us finishing above Boro.

I'm starting to think we've got a good chance, here.
Now now, don't be posting positive things. I only come on here to read how Luton are going to catch us and the second coming of Jesus, Michael Carrot is going brush the blades aside.

Luton win every game (including Boro) we need 4 points and Boro are out of it.
Luton lose to Boro (Monday's match) we need 2 points.
Luton draw with Boro we need 2 points.

2 wins puts us on 85 and a draw 86 , luton only can get 86 but our gd blinds theirs
2 wins and a draw from 5 games , and certain promotion ensured

Id have took that last August

if boro manage to beat luton on monday 1 win and a draw does it
Boro can win every game between now and the end of the season we only need 1 more win to put them to bed, luton drop any points in their next 2 games reading and boro, we go up with a win against WBA

• International Break
  • Bristol City (H)............Lose 2-1 = 0pt....................Actual Score 1-0 to Blades

• Hull City (H)..................Draw 1-1 = 1pt....................Actual score 3-1 to Boro

Back
Top Bottom