The Promised Land (this time in the right forum. Ignore the one in general chat)

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

djbaldken

Reaction score
To get there we need to win at QPR and then beat Fulham at home . And then go through three play off matches matches unbeaten.
The only time we went unbeaten this long was in February this year. When we had 4 wins and two draws before losing one nil at Millwall right at the end of February.
The question now is : can we do it again at this most important stage of the season?
What do we think?

Not necessary to win them all , Huddersfield showed it was possible to win the play offs by drawing three games. If we get in and Especially if Bournemouth drop down into them we are capable .

Getting into them may be the tricky bit

Not necessary to win them all , Huddersfield showed it was possible to win the play offs by drawing three games. If we get in and Especially if Bournemouth drop down into them we are capable .
Which would mean we d have to win penalty shoot outs. Have you forgotten the one against Huddersfield? Simmo hasnt!

To get there we need to win at QPR and then beat Fulham at home . And then go through three play off matches matches unbeaten.
The only time we went unbeaten this long was in February this year. When we had 4 wins and two draws before losing one nil at Millwall right at the end of February.
The question now is : can we do it again at this most important stage of the season?
What do we think?
Well if we have done it once why not again? Only thing that might let us down is our finishing which we have struggled with for 3years .

I think we can

Whether we will is another issue

I think we will win our last two games finish 5th and I think we will play Huddersfield in playoffs .

I think that we can beat them over two legs and then win the final

Long answer

Yes

Lose at QPR and I know nothing

I don't want to say it's ours to lose and I may be in a minority here but I think we're more than capable of walking away with the spoils.

There isn't an unbeatable team in potentially ahead of us. Some confidence, aggressiveness and effort the boys can get the job done.

We need to hit form, unbelievable form in two away games back to back, then we have a chance... Just a chance..

Best scenario, Forest pip Bournemouth, we finish 6th, then it's game on.. Tbh.. I know forest got lucky, but a sliding bournmouth under pressure would be better in semis if we make it..

As for the final, we've been favourites almost every time, its a lottery, hope we get there and if this team fancy doubling thier wages next season and a fat bonus then who knows.

Getting into them may be the tricky bit

It’s also possible to lose one of the semi finals and still go through on aggregate, so we don’t even need to go unbeaten.

What do we think?
No.

The striker situation makes it very difficult. Not sure how much Sharp will be able to play but He normally needs a few to get his eye in. If we concede, we're going to struggle to score 2

I think there aren't enough threads about the playoffs and the end of the season, so I'm really happy there's another one 🥳

The only times I've seen us go into the playoffs, not as favourites we got bummed in the semi final by Town's Yeovil and fucking Swindon.

So forgive me for not agreeing it could be a bonus not being favourites

Absolutely limped into the play offs.

Totally different team to the one that began the season on fire.

Both town ones were humiliating low points, losing to Sunderland was acceptable.

Agreed. bladesmanluke ’s point was that being an underdog doesn’t necessarily work out well for us - in fact it just re-enforces our failure.

What we want is this:

Blades beat QPR convincingly in one of the best performances of the season with Billy and Gibbs-White clicking.

Under added pressure, a frustrated Boro draw with a resilient Stoke and Blackburn struggle to overcome Bournemouth. A defeat to Fulham sees Luton drop to sixth. Only Millwall can gatecrash the play offs but despite winning their remaining fixtures goal difference is always against them.

In the final game, Blades rest Egan and Sharp and play out an entertaining 2-2 draw with Uremovic keeping Mitrovic under wraps as Egan's replacement. Blades drop down to 6th and play Forest.

In the semis, Forest, without both Davis, their star man last time, and Grabban, now ruled out for the season, struggle for potency and Billy Sharp shows them how it's done in each leg with the Blades holding firm and winning 2-0 on aggregate.

Luton, glad to be there shellshock Huddersfield in the home leg and despite a rally in the second, Luton go through 3-2 on aggregate.

In a heart vs head moment Blades Analytics convinces Nathan Jones to prepare for a 'strong and physical direct team's (TM Danny Mills) and Luton lose 3-0 with Billy lifting the play off trophy in his inaugural play off experience. Chris Wilder is seen beaming proudly as part of the TV panel.

Meanwhile in League One, Rotherham take the title on goal difference, winning at Gillingham while Wigan can only draw. Wins for Wycombe and Sunderland secure their play off place and a missed penalty for MK Dons allows Plymouth to secure the last spot whilst a George Hirst hat-trick sees Portsmouth triumph 3-1 in front of a half empty Hillsborough who's remaining fans invade the pitch and disgrace themselves.

Now, that's not asking too much, is it?

What we want is this:

Blades beat QPR convincingly in one of the best performances of the season with Billy and Gibbs-White clicking.

Under added pressure, a frustrated Boro draw with a resilient Stoke and Blackburn struggle to overcome Bournemouth. A defeat to Fulham sees Luton drop to sixth. Only Millwall can gatecrash the play offs but despite winning their remaining fixtures goal difference is always against them.

In the final game, Blades rest Egan and Sharp and play out an entertaining 2-2 draw with Uremovic keeping Mitrovic under wraps as Egan's replacement. Blades drop down to 6th and play Forest.

In the semis, Forest, without both Davis, their star man last time, and Grabban, now ruled out for the season, struggle for potency and Billy Sharp shows them how it's done in each leg with the Blades holding firm and winning 2-0 on aggregate.

Luton, glad to be there shellshock Huddersfield in the home leg and despite a rally in the second, Luton go through 3-2 on aggregate.

In a heart vs head moment Blades Analytics convinces Nathan Jones to prepare for a 'strong and physical direct team's (TM Danny Mills) and Luton lose 3-0 with Billy lifting the play off trophy in his inaugural play off experience. Chris Wilder is seen beaming proudly as part of the TV panel.

Meanwhile in League One, Rotherham take the title on goal difference, winning at Gillingham while Wigan can only draw. Wins for Wycombe and Sunderland secure their play off place and a missed penalty for MK Dons allows Plymouth to secure the last spot whilst a George Hirst hat-trick sees Portsmouth triumph 3-1 in front of a half empty Hillsborough who's remaining fans invade the pitch and disgrace themselves.

Now, that's not asking too much, is it?

Will there be ice cream too, fairy godmother?

Where the angels from above, fall down and spread their wings like doves

A win tonight could even clinch the top 6 for us potentially.
If Boro only draw tomorrow and we win, then they are out of it. Opends on the other 2 but we have a 3 pt advantage over them currently.
GD could come into play of course with Blackburn should they beat Bournemouth.

Make the playoffs and well it's possible. First leg at home try and take an advantage to the 2nd leg.
One thing though is I suspect Forest will clinch 2nd.

Think I’d prefer Bournemouth over forest for the semis, Forest have been the best team I’ve seen at the Lane this season and we’re very unlucky not to beat us.

Back
Top Bottom