The only positive

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The only positive to come out of today is the exoneration of Paul Heckingbottom. It clearly wasn’t his fault alone.
Hard though it is, keep your chins up fellow Blades.

COYRAWW

UTB
This certainly had all the hallmarks of a Hecky match. Baffling line up. No organisation. Amateur defending. No clear tactics other than lump it up to Ben. No marking. An inability to retain possession or complete a pass. Players giving up. I had to check that Wilder was in the technical area, which surely needs renaming as there's **** all technical going on in ours. Emery was more active in Villa's technical area and they were winning without having to try.

Not sure why Wilder went with that line up especially to shoehorn in Holgate.
For me it should have been two at the back with the two being Robinson and Trusty. To stick with captain Anel and put Holgate straight in was madness. That said I can't see what Wilder has against Archer. Fair enough he's leaving in the summer, but we might as well get the most of him now. Brereton-Diaz and Archer up top together would be a good combo and would allow us to play four across midfield.

It's almost as if the squad is nowhere near good enough, regardless of the manager.

Blame the crook at the top, who is siphoning money out of the club and given us one of the worst seasons in living memory whilst he's absent in LA and trying to build his fucking United World empire. An utter criminal who needs to be hounded out of the club.

One positive I will say is that when I left at half time, as did so many, the majority seemed in good spirits as they were walking down the streets. No one seemed that pissed off or angry, they seemed more relieved that they weren't going to have to sit through more of that. I myself felt nothing. I felt glad that I was going to get home an hour earlier than expected and get to read to my lad before bedtime. I wasn't angry as that had passed after the third went in. When the fourth went in, not long after they struck the crossbar, I laughed as it was so easy and inevitable. Walking out of the ground was an easy decision. It's only third time I walked out of a match early. One was in our promption season against Watford in the cup. Neither team wanted to win or were trying to win. By the time the penalty shoot out started I had to leave or I'd miss my train. The second was when Blackwell was manager as I was sick of watching his dire anti-football win, lose or draw.

It's almost as if the squad is nowhere near good enough, regardless of the manager.

Blame the crook at the top, who is siphoning money out of the club and given us one of the worst seasons in living memory whilst he's absent in LA and trying to build his fucking United World empire. An utter criminal who needs to be hounded out of the club.
At the risk of being argumentative, there's another thread outlining the utter shit we've bought over the past 4 seasons, so if the Prince is guilty of anything it's entrusting these fucking Muppets with buying players.

If the people who bought Brewster, Lowe, Troare Souza (the list is endless) would you keep giving them money?

Blame him all you want but if i were him, I'd be nervous about it giving this lot any more money.

At the risk of being argumentative, there's another thread outlining the utter shit we've bought over the past 4 seasons, so if the Prince is guilty of anything it's entrusting these fucking Muppets with buying players.

If the people who bought Brewster, Lowe, Troare Souza (the list is endless) would you keep giving them money?

Blame him all you want but if i were him, I'd be nervous about it giving this lot any more money.

The same lot who brought in Fleck, O’Connell, Stevens, McGoldrick, Egan…

The crook appointed these managers. He is ultimately responsible. If he didn't entrust Wilder or Hecky with spending money, he should have sacked them.

Can you explain why he's a crook? Can you tell me how much he's siphoning out of the club and where he's siphoning it to? Remember, if you were in court you'd need to provide evidence to prove your accusations so come on, show us the numbers.

The crook appointed these managers. He is ultimately responsible. If he didn't entrust Wilder or Hecky with spending money, he should have sacked them.
Correct. He's to blame for appointing then. But how is he a crook? Poor judge of manager - yes. Crook? On what basis? From what I've seen all he's guilty of is a litany of piss poor decisions of who to trust when running a football club.

The only positive to come out of today is the exoneration of Paul Heckingbottom. It clearly wasn’t his fault alone.

COYRAWW

UTB
I have two positives. I thought Tom Davies was good. He was calm, picked passes & showed intelligence that others lacked. JLT also showed why he should start when introduced.

PA isn't a crook, he's just overplayed his hand.

He can't afford to run the club properly in this division, so he needs to be realistic about the clubs value and move it on to someone who can.

My fear is a Chansiri situation, where the owner has put money in he can never get back, but can't afford to lose, hence an endless cycle as the debts increase whilst the value reduces.

PA is probably ok on this, as he's put next to nothing in, (he's took nothing out either), but he's hoping to make some money on the sale.

We are crying out for a new owner. This comment doesn't excuse the dire and unprofessional performances the players are putting in.

Lots of changes needed. Starting at the top.

I’d say there were two positives:

1. It’s one less game in this absolute klusterfuck of a season, which started badly and never recovered.

2. I thought Tom Davies looked quite capable when he came on.

But mainly point 1!

PA isn't a crook, he's just overplayed his hand.

He can't afford to run the club properly in this division, so he needs to be realistic about the clubs value and move it on to someone who can.

My fear is a Chansiri situation, where the owner has put money in he can never get back, but can't afford to lose, hence an endless cycle as the debts increase whilst the value reduces.

PA is probably ok on this, as he's put next to nothing in, (he's took nothing out either), but he's hoping to make some money on the sale.

We are crying out for a new owner. This comment doesn't excuse the dire and unprofessional performances the players are putting in.

Lots of changes needed. Starting at the top.
This is exactly what happened with McCabe. As the bog roll price was brought in by McCabe, it's hardly surprising it's happening again.

COYRAWW

UTB
I think the opposite.

He assembled a side that no one in world football can get a tune out of. With no style and let all the players contracts run down.

Hecky although for us promoted has had a major role in ruining the football club for many a year to come.

The positive is we can accept relegation......if only we had a team in the EFL trophy we would have had something to look forward to.

The same lot who brought in Fleck, O’Connell, Stevens, McGoldrick, Egan…
All pre PL and for the sum total of under £5m (with Egan accounting for 80% of that and worth every penny).

Our PL recruitment has been dogshit. No hiding place from that as is more than evident right now !!!

UTB

The only positive is that if Brighton in our next home game only limit their scoring to 5, we may get sponsorship from the cigarette brand 555.

(showing my age there)

PA is not a crook….but he simply cannot afford to run a Premier League or Championship club. Without parachute payments his strategy is completely screwed! His nonsense statement about players being at their best as they come into the last year of their contract is frankly ridiculous(and why no other clubs follows this strategy).

He must know now that he will have to find a way to exit in 12 months as he will simply have no money to support us to avoid us slipping into League 1. I expect us to be no more than top 10 Championship in 2024/25 ….. but 2025/26 with PA still owning us is terrifying. He got lucky with Wilder in 2016 who I have to admit created a miracle to get us from League 1 to Premier League.

However, I really think that PA’s luck has finally run out this time.

Looking forward you have the positives of the academy and some future talent. We will be a selling club and there is nothing in the immediate future that will change that what we need to do is get as many minutes out of them as possible and if we do move them on get the biggest price possible with add ons

The main positive from yesterday was at half time all the subs had bibs on so they could pass as stewards to save the stigma of being classed as united players, any small mercy is welcomed

We didn't pass Newry Citys' record of goals conceded in the top flight of European football. To be fair to Newry, they have played more games though.

Back
Top Bottom