The Official Home-Made Shirts Thread

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

So why is this only just happening now? Why haven't people just sewn badges onto sports shirts in the past? Why not a plain cotton t-shirt? Why is Adidas effecting this madness?

Hang out down Castle Market and they're all there with their massive, wonky badges. :)

It's fascinating isn't it.

I think the whole thing started as a joke (the whole removing the logo stuff etc,) but as people realised it was just a bog standard shirt that they'd stuck a badge on (and not very well according to some) then it's escalated.
Still funny though for those of us who really don't give a monkeys . . .
So you genuinely don't give a monkeys that you're being fleeced?

So you genuinely don't give a monkeys that you're being fleeced?

Indeed I do, are you going to start a ticket price thread?

However, as I've only ever worn a football shirt when playing football and as I've not played for a good number of years due to a dodgy knee, it really hasn't affected me in any way.
Last time a shirt was "nearly" purchased in our household was when my other half was going to buy her grandson a shirt for Christmas a few years back. I managed to convince her a "half season ticket" was only a couple of quid more and represented a far better investment.

Swings and roundabouts innit? There are people who want the full shebang and are happy to pay £45 for it.

There are people like me, who don't want a shoddy sponsor logo on the front and back, and are willing to put up with the fact that the club badge looks a bit different, and only pay 21 quid for it.

Swings and roundabouts innit? There are people who want the full shebang and are happy to pay £45 for it.

There are people like me, who don't want a shoddy sponsor logo on the front and back, and are willing to put up with the fact that the club badge looks a bit different, and only pay 21 quid for it.
Quite right,each to their own.

Indeed I do, are you going to start a ticket price thread?

However, as I've only ever worn a football shirt when playing football and as I've not played for a good number of years due to a dodgy knee, it really hasn't affected me in any way.
Last time a shirt was "nearly" purchased in our household was when my other half was going to buy her grandson a shirt for Christmas a few years back. I managed to convince her a "half season ticket" was only a couple of quid more and represented a far better investment.
Right. So you understand when people feel aggrieved when they're being fleeced. When they have the ability to get the same product for cheaper, why would you laugh at them for doing so?

Right. So you understand when people feel aggrieved when they're being fleeced. When they have the ability to get the same product for cheaper, why would you laugh at them for doing so?

To my knowledge the original "outcry" was about the not liking the logo rather than being "fleeced". I have no idea on whether they are being fleeced or not, what is the going rate for an abject piece of fashion these days?

I laugh because without the logo it ISN'T a replica shirt is it, and if you don't like something you can always just not bother with it can't you?

It was Rodders (stirring little shitter) that came up with the "make your own kit" challenge, as I said, in a jokey sort of way.

To my knowledge the original "outcry" was about the not liking the logo rather than being "fleeced". I have no idea on whether they are being fleeced or not, what is the going rate for an abject piece of fashion these days?

I laugh because without the logo it ISN'T a replica shirt is it, and if you don't like something you can always just not bother with it can't you?

It was Rodders (stirring little shitter) that came up with the "make your own kit" challenge, as I said, in a jokey sort of way.

When the away kit was announced their was a minor outcry over the fact that it was a) an off the peg template kit and b) not even this years template kit.

If Adidas/Sheffield utd want to foist old off the peg kits on us that's fine. I'm just not going to pay £45 for one.

If Adidas/Sheffield utd want to foist old off the peg kits on us that's fine. I'm just not going to pay £45 for one.

But it's not "off the peg" once you've had the logo put on it (i.e. and made it a "replica" shirt).

God knows how I've been dragged into "kit shit" after months of staying out of it. Fucking Rodders.

Right. If people WANTED that exact replica then they'd go and drop the required amount. But they don't. They want something that looks a little different, and they want it cheaper.

Have you never seen a shirt or pair of trousers and thought "They would be great with/without...". I see absolutely nothing wrong with the customisation of clothes. As I said before, we've been making our own clothes for thousands of years. Only relatively recently have we been conditioned to follow brands like sheep and wear whatever someone else says looks good. Buying clothes and changing them to look however we like can only be a positive thing, in my eyes. The more choice we have the better. I've been dying, editing and making my clothes for years. You going to have a laugh at me too for giving a monkey's?

But it's not "off the peg" once you've had the logo put on it (i.e. and made it a "replica" shirt).

God knows how I've been dragged into "kit shit" after months of staying out of it. Fucking Rodders.

Fine, if Adidas/Sheffield United want to charge £25 extra for sewing a badge into a shirt then that's up to them. Not for me.

If I like a shirt design enough to want to wear it, I'd rather my money went to the club considering ticket and merchandise sales are important revenue streams.

Are the suppliers of the badges not infringing on some copyright/trademark?

Right. If people WANTED that exact replica then they'd go and drop the required amount. But they don't. They want something that looks a little different, and they want it cheaper.

Have you never seen a shirt or pair of trousers and thought "They would be great with/without...". I see absolutely nothing wrong with the customisation of clothes. As I said before, we've been making our own clothes for thousands of years. Only relatively recently have we been conditioned to follow brands like sheep and wear whatever someone else says looks good. Buying clothes and changing them to look however we like can only be a positive thing, in my eyes. The more choice we have the better. I've been dying, editing and making my clothes for years. You going to have a laugh at me too for giving a monkey's?

What?

Do whatever you like with any item of clothing you wish. I don't care. I will neither laugh nor cry, I probably wouldn't even notice (unless you were wearing one of my Grandmothers old knitted numbers). I can't think of the last time I looked at a bloke and thought anything at all about his clothes.

I do believe what we are talking about is football kits (have I mentioned I haven't bought one for 30 years?). Get a white T shirt and paint some stripes on in dulux gloss, I wouldn't bat an eyelid unless you rock up at number 9 and miss a couple of sitters in it.

As I seem to keep repeating myself, each to their own, I don't give a fuck. BUT, as I was trying to point out, the whole idea was a bit of light hearted banter. If you want to take it at all seriously knock yourself out . . . .

If I like a shirt design enough to want to wear it, I'd rather my money went to the club considering ticket and merchandise sales are important revenue streams.

Are the suppliers of the badges not infringing on some copyright/trademark?

I'd have thought somebody going by the name Punk Blade would have appreciated the DIY ethic? :)

What?

Do whatever you like with any item of clothing you wish. I don't care. I will neither laugh nor cry, I probably wouldn't even notice (unless you were wearing one of my Grandmothers old knitted numbers). I can't think of the last time I looked at a bloke and thought anything at all about his clothes.

I do believe what we are talking about is football kits (have I mentioned I haven't bought one for 30 years?). Get a white T shirt and paint some stripes on in dulux gloss, I wouldn't bat an eyelid unless you rock up at number 9 and miss a couple of sitters in it.

As I seem to keep repeating myself, each to their own, I don't give a fuck. BUT, as I was trying to point out, the whole idea was a bit of light hearted banter. If you want to take it at all seriously knock yourself out . . . .
Just trying to work out what you find so funny about the whole thing.

All hail Rodders, the wind up thread king!

Just trying to work out what you find so funny about the whole thing.

I find it amusing that so many people have cottoned onto a joke idea, be it removing the logo (see the removing logo thread) or the actual "build your own kit" proposal. Do we think anyone has taken Bladesway's idea to cover the logo with a piece of carpet literally (I really would love it if they did).

Most of the posts in both threads have been posted from a humorous perspective. Some people have taken it seriously. I find that kind of thing funny.

I find it amusing that so many people have cottoned onto a joke idea, be it removing the logo (see the removing logo thread) or the actual "build your own kit" proposal. Do we think anyone has taken Bladesway's idea to cover the logo with a piece of carpet literally (I really would love it if they did).

The idea to make your own kit came before this thread.

The idea to make your own kit came before this thread.

I know. That's why the very first post on the thread starts with the sentence:

"Right then, it's been about a couple of weeks now - you've all had long enough to sort out your dodgy cack-handed in-no-way-look-like-they're-from-the-market home made United shirts."

What part of that sentence doesn't lead you to think there's a joke afoot?

I'm gonna by a Ford Focus this week but i don't like their logo. I'm gonna take off the Ford badge and replace it with a Kia badge. Has anybody got any recommendations before I damage the car?

Has anybody done it before?

Does it iron on?

EDIT -

Better still. I'm gonna buy a Seat Exeo - the robbing bastards Audi charge £10k more just for four circles :mad:!

web-2012-exeo.jpg

Last edited:
I'm gonna by a Ford Focus this week but i don't like their logo. I'm gonna take off the Ford badge and replace it with a Kia badge. Has anybody got any recommendations before I damage the car?

Has anybody done it before?

Does it iron on?

EDIT -

Better still. I'm gonna buy a Seat Exeo - the robbing bastards Audi charge £10k more just for four circles :mad:!

web-2012-exeo.jpg

Is this in the correct section?

I'm not wading through the back catalogue to check but has anyone pointed out that making your own kit is copyright infringement?

I'm not wading through the back catalogue to check but has anyone pointed out that making your own kit is copyright infringement?

We've been through this on another thread.

Besides which, i've bought a genuine adidas shirt. Who is going to sue me?

Back
Top Bottom