The Mike Dean show

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Everything said about him is true. All about him and he loves it. He plays the 'pantomime villain' role very well. A few decisions were very strange (especially the '6 of one' shout when Billy was alongside their defender running toward goal toward the end) and you can see why he's been relegated to league 1 for the weekend.

He was the only frustrating part of what was otherwise an absolutely fantastic afternoon.

Personally speaking it's the finest football I've ever seen from Sheffield United.

He's a bloody show pony!
He was absolutely pathetic first half. He blew for everything and was completely conned several times by Bolton players 'buying' free kicks near the 18 yard box, always with that smug smirk he wears on his face.
Second half he was a lot less noticeable but that was probably down to the fact that it was pretty much one-way traffic and we had the advantage. Still think he got the penalty right though.
UTB

We were very naive first half, giving away silly soft free kicks.

Bolton showed us how you need to play, if you get fouled you go down. Luckily Samar knows that as well!
That is generally how I saw his reffing today. Although I thought our pen was a definite.

How do you think he did in the end?

First half I was annoyed and perplexed in equal measure by him. Felt he gave them everything and really fell for their tactics of craftily grabbing/kicking/spoiling everything we did whilst rolling around like fairies everytime we put in a challenge. Still can't believe he didn't book that cheating twat Le Fondre.

Second half was better I felt.

Looking now at the match stats he pulled them up for more fouls than us, but it really didn't feel like that earlier.

Thoughts?

That is generally how I saw his reffing today. Although I thought our pen was a definite.

I agree it was a definite, Samar felt the contact and went down. I'm sure he could have stayed on his feet, but why do that when you have been fouled?

He was no worse than the other cunts we've had this season. He might be a twat but the ones we had in previous were far far worse.

How do you think he did in the end?

First half I was annoyed and perplexed in equal measure by him. Felt he gave them everything and really fell for their tactics of craftily grabbing/kicking/spoiling everything we did whilst rolling around like fairies everytime we put in a challenge. Still can't believe he didn't book that cheating twat Le Fondre.

Second half was better I felt.

Looking now at the match stats he pulled them up for more fouls than us, but it really didn't feel like that earlier.

Thoughts?

Pretty much as you saw it Stretch, although i think first half we contributed to at least 50% of the silly fouls ourselves - why couldn't we see it ??

I honestly thought he was pretty good. I especially liked in the first half half, when a Bolton player was taking ages with a throw in, that he signaled to the kop to say "it's 1-0, calm down, they're wasting their own time".

Didn't see that tbf, lol! Must have been busy attending to the frequent demands of my son for snacks from my rucksack.

Fair play to him (Dean that is, not my son)

He was surprisingly ok. Not good by any means, but better than expected - 10 times better than the ref we had last week.

Dean I thought had a decent game only major decision he may have got wrong was penalty so won't slag him off for that. He tried his best to let game flow in the first half but we were intent on winning every ball and as such did gift Bolton dangerous set pieces. Wilder admitted this in his post match interview saying we needed reigning in a little and we were almost too up for it and need to be a bit more clever. Linesman on the south stand side second half though had a very poor day he didn't get anything that wrong it affected the game but some very obvious hand balls, fouls completely escaped him and giving throw ins the wrong way didn't help his cause though 3 points is all that matters.

Linesman on John Street didn't flag when the ball had gone out for a goal kick, could easily have led to a goal.

Bottled another big decision though when Billy went through and the last man held him back. Dean just waived play on so as he didnt have to send their man off.

At the match I thought Samir did get tripped but looking at the tv footage last night Wheater didnt trip him. Samir is our new Jack Lester who was very good at convincing the ref to award us a penalty

Dean was absolutely crap in the first half and improved slightly in the second, although that could have been due to Tufty reminding the players what a c**t Dean is ...... :rolleyes:

Having said that ....... even Mike dean couldn't plumb the depths of that twat who reffed the Scunny match ........ he was completely incompetent and the linesmen weren't much better o_O

Definitely need replay technology in football as soon as possible to get some consistency in the game ....

UTB & FTP

He"s been at the lane twice in the last 3 years 2 penaltys that will do for me UTB

Back
Top Bottom