The loans.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

You'd hope so, but if Ndiaye is unexpectedly staying now you'd expect his wage increase to be taken out of the budget.

From what we've heard, we want O'Brien on a loan with obligation on survival.
The other spot we were saving for McAtee or another AM.
If true, I still think that leaves a glaring hole in the middle of the park.
Well YOU would expect that but it was stated specifically at the outset that the twenty million was for transfers and outside the wage and loan budget

Well YOU would expect that but it was stated specifically at the outset that the twenty million was for transfers and outside the wage and loan budget

You're right, I will be shocked if we spend anything like £20m in transfer fees alone.

Think we're at £6/7m right now (inc. Traore), with - from the noise we're hearing - 2 domestic loans and 1 more left to come (likely an overseas loan with option LCB).

You'd hope so, but if Ndiaye is unexpectedly staying now you'd expect his wage increase to be taken out of the budget.

From what we've heard, we want O'Brien on a loan with obligation on survival.
The other spot we were saving for McAtee or another AM.
If true, I still think that leaves a glaring hole in the middle of the park.
We look to be relying far too much on Berge for my liking as well

OK having Doyle and Norwood as CM options but you need options either side who can do the hard yards

We look to be relying far too much on Berge for my liking as well

OK having Doyle and Norwood as CM options but you need options either side who can do the hard yards

Berge will start the season well, he often does.
Then in the middle somewhere he'll get lost, get injured, lose form, then when the sun starts coming back out and the transfer window is on the horizon he'll up his levels again.

If we bring Diallo in then I presume we’ll change to wingers with NDiaye on one side & Diallo on the other.
I assume that we would then have one up front, leaving either 4 at the back or just two in midfield . Can we all cope with such changes ?

Berge will start the season well, he often does.
Then in the middle somewhere he'll get lost, get injured, lose form, then when the sun starts coming back out and the transfer window is on the horizon he'll up his levels again.
Sunshine in late December ? Surely not.

In a dream scenario, Branthwaite and McAtee, having signed Doyle on a permanent...

Before others point it out, this is what I'd like rather than what I think will happen. I know Everton are very unlikely to loan out Branthwaite again, City have said they won't loan McAtee again, and we probably don't have the cash to sign Doyle.

I assume that we would then have one up front, leaving either 4 at the back or just two in midfield . Can we all cope with such changes ?
I’m not sure, Heckys job I suppose!

I just don’t see Diallo fitting in without a change to wingers

I’m not sure, Heckys job I suppose!

I just don’t see Diallo fitting in without a change to wingers

I don't really see him as a winger.

Don't think he has the pace or the engine. Think he flourished playing slightly more central at Sunderland where he was able to get on the ball and influence the game more.

Rangers tried playing him solely as a winger and it just didn't work.

I don't really see him as a winger.

Don't think he has the pace or the engine. Think he flourished playing slightly more central at Sunderland where he was able to get on the ball and influence the game more.

Rangers tried playing him solely as a winger and it just didn't work.
I also don't see us playing like we did towards the end of last season with a compact front 3 unless we had two very good sitting midfielders. With Traore, Brewster, Jebbo, Osula (probably go out on loan), Ndiaye, McBurnie we're well covered. Even Berge played further forward in that front 3 for periods last season.

I'd like to see us bulk up the midfield, defence and add a keeper. I wouldn't rule Diallo out but he's not the priority right now.

One that would be completely out of left field would be Noni Madueke

Central midfield still looks very lightweight to me - a ball winner / enforcer is needed especially if PH is considering playing 2 off a central striker, otherwise teams will breeze past Norwood and Berge (who go after the same space).

O'Brien and Broja if he's fit.

I'm really hoping for Doyle permanent and think a deal can be struck. City are clever and sometimes sell low with low-buy backs and high sell on %'s.

We need a LCB but can't think of one in the Prem, Callum Doyle would've been ideal but gone to Leicester.

I’d be very surprised if we use one of our loans on Diallo. If we get a lcb in I fully expect the 2 loans to be midfielders as was originally the plan.

The way some clubs have stockpiled players, there may well be some really good, experienced players without squad places who become available right at the end of the transfer window
Exactly that’s why it’s sometimes best to wait and then you might end up with someone even better than you were planning to get.

i think these are the 2 hecky would like to bring in on loan but wouldnt be against bringing another striker in think tom davies will be the alternative midfielder if we cant bring doyle or obrien in
O’Brien more likely think it may be one or the other with these as quite similar. If I had to put money on it I think the other will be more McAtee like so that brings the Chelsea lad into it if McAtee is unavailable.

Yep, I said that in another message. You’d need two top tier sitting midfielders. Similar tactic to what Forest had when they were promoted. I don’t think we have any right now.
I think Sander could be one, but the other would have to be seriously good and seriously 'ratty'

i think we will be going with 3421 with traore and illiman in behind mcburnie or a new physical striker

Arsenal have signed Rice and are obviously trying to sign Caicedo so you’d assume there might be some midfielders needing game time Lokonga or Smith-Rowe on loan would be real top acquisitions.

Doyle in on a permanent, think that’s where our budget will be going, then the 2 loans mcatee and kylie Walker with an option 🙏🙏😂😂
I can dream
dont think your far off the mark with tommy doyle i think he will be our big money permanent signing possibly about 10m with city throwing a buy back clause in to the deal if doyle wants first team football in the premier league he may have to lower his salary demand i think

Is there any evidence that we've even enquired about Diallo ?

Back
Top Bottom