The loans.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Sounds like we have a list of around 10 for the two domestic loans. So who you taking?

Diallo and Doyle for me.
I'd like to see us get Diallo but don't you think him, Ndiaye and Traore would all be a bit similar? Or is it a case of you can have too many of those types I suppose. Plus we have no guarantees traore will make the step up straight away.

If we bring Diallo in then I presume we’ll change to wingers with NDiaye on one side & Diallo on the other.

Doyle (assuming permanent is off the table) and a striker

Yeh, I don’t think we get another CB in so end up with Holgate
Yeah, that might be the case, but I think the OP is asking who you want.
I mean, yours isn't a crazy shout, both are good players but the world is our oyster for loan targets.

Isn't Traore a striker?

That's, Ndiaye, McBurnie, Brewster, Osula, Jebbo and Traore.

I'm fine with those, but if the opportunity comes up to loan someone who is an improvement of all of the above (barring IN), then we should at least look at it, as we sure as hell aren't signing a sure fire PL ready forward permanently. Attacking midfield also makes sense, but I think at least a couple of those you list could potentially drop back into that role. I'd rather that than burn one of the spots on "just a guy" type players already listed such as Holgate, O'Brien etc that aren't going to do much of anything in terms of making an impression, at least in my eyes.

And I'm talking about someone is going to be a known quantity, not someone like an Archer or other meh options I've seen suggested. If such a player is not available, then attacking mid is perfectly fine

I think Diallo will end up here. McAtee will stay at City and Palmer will go to a better team. I'd take Archer over Diallo though if possible

Hopefully Doyle will join on a loan with a view sort of deal but that could be irritatingly late in the window for such a key central player

We should surely be able to do OBrien permanently

I'd go with O'Brien as he should be attainable and will help future proof us Ronan extent especially if permanent, and Doyle for the fact that I could see him being a future United captain and mainstay in the side.

We really need some steel in the middle, not just fleet footed tricky attacking middies.
Neither Norwood nor Fleck will provide a shield for the defence. Doyle can't be expected to do it on his own against Prem opposition. O'Brien would be a very good signing. Doubt we'd be able to get Palmer unless Hecky and Pep are tight!

I think Diallo will end up here. McAtee will stay at City and Palmer will go to a better team. I'd take Archer over Diallo though if possible

Hopefully Doyle will join on a loan with a view sort of deal but that could be irritatingly late in the window for such a key central player

We should surely be able to do OBrien permanently

You'd hope so, but if Ndiaye is unexpectedly staying now you'd expect his wage increase to be taken out of the budget.

From what we've heard, we want O'Brien on a loan with obligation on survival.
The other spot we were saving for McAtee or another AM.
If true, I still think that leaves a glaring hole in the middle of the park.

Doyle and Diallo, but I think Holgate will be one if Bogles injury is months rather than weeks
No idea what's the issue with Bogle, but hes never far from an injury

Not signing Doyle you lose his set pieces, no McAtee and you miss his ability to play in both a midfield and front three. Diallo would almost force us to play more attacking but I quite like that and we seem to be building one hell of a French speaking squad so get him in.

Back
Top Bottom