The front 2

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Not sure about the "2" part - Benie looks worth persisting with and is contributing already imho. Osula looks like every time the ball comes to him he is in a battle to hold it - which he loses. DCL (with us) was the same - then he wasn't (eventually - at Everton). Is it weeks or years?

It’s always expected we will be without Brewster.
I know what you mean. It shouldn't be though.

For a young guy, his inability to be available for games is unacceptable for such an outlay.

I'm not saying it's his fault but it's just a really poor set of circumstances.

It's approaching Ebbrell levels of cost to availability.

Always looking for the positives, but this is where we now need it most. Defensively pretty good normally (not tonight at times), midfield looking potentially better (if no instant injuries), attack looks weak AF.

Traore looks like he has a bit about him. Small frame but can put himself about and make an impact. We need someone that can compete with & start ahead of him but promising signs.

I'm a big fan of Osula and am happy to have him around the squad. Would benefit from a loan move where he gets a run of games but I think he's more ready now than Jebbison. Can handle himself physically and makes the ball stick. Confident the rest will come

As much maligned as he can be, I can't help but feel that the team would benefit from McBurnie's return.

His presence would help Osula and it would help Traore too.

The ball doesn't stick enough and he can make that happen more.

It's a tad unfortunate that he's not been available as we wouldn't have had to go through games being no threat for certain periods.

Full of promise but this should be our front 2 in the league cup against gillingham, ndiayes been gone for weeks and still not signed a striker, pathetic and embarrassing
Toure needs an experienced striker to link with
He grew into the game very impressed with his work rate as well
Our kids aren’t a 19 year old Macatee level they are a div 1 and 2 level

Deserved at least a point. Poor defending for the goals though.

Traore was causing them all sorts of a problem. He turns on a dime and is off and away.

Sadly he started cramping up about 5-10 mins before he had his 1 on 1.

If he wasn't cramping I would have backed him to take that further and slot it home.. unfortunately due to cramp he had to take a snapshot.

I tend to agree.

But it's not really expected that by game two we would be without McBurnie, Jebbison and Brewster.

We just had arguably our 4th and 5th choice strikers starting and finished with our 6th or 7th choice.

Yes but the problem is they’re not good enough either!

I know what you mean. It shouldn't be though.

For a young guy, his inability to be available for games is unacceptable for such an outlay.

I'm not saying it's his fault but it's just a really poor set of circumstances.

It's approaching Ebbrell levels of cost to availability.
I don’t think Brewster will ever recover from his dodgy hamstrings tbh. It’s gone on so long I suspect it’ll plague his career until he’s forced to retire.

I hope I’m wrong and he goes on to have a long and successful career but the longer his recovery takes, the more you worry about his muscles ability to handle the stresses of being a professional athlete in the long term?

I don’t think Brewster will ever recover from his dodgy hamstrings tbh. It’s gone on so long I suspect it’ll plague his career until he’s forced to retire.

I hope I’m wrong and he goes on to have a long and successful career but the longer his recovery takes, the more you worry about his muscles ability to handle the stresses of being a professional athlete in the long term?

Yep Liverpool sold us damaged goods, they knew it too when they sold him.

Yes but the problem is they’re not good enough either!
Good enough for what? We're talking about coming on instead of two unproven 19 year olds.

With them I reckon we would have been more of a nuisance up the pitch and got a point.

Good enough for what? We're talking about coming on instead of two unproven 19 year olds.

With them I reckon we would have been more of a nuisance up the pitch and got a point.

Agree with Mcburnie, not sure about the other two offer

Agree with Mcburnie, not sure about the other two offer
That's kind of a separate debate, the merits of Jebbo and Brewster.

Let's say in the Manager's mind these two are preferred players in his match day squad.

Osula and Traore have a chance to push them down the pecking order but as at the season's start most would have sent Hecky picking Brewster in the Matchday squad, Osula on loan and Jebbo probably on the bench, especially once it was clear Ndiaye was off.

I tend to agree.

But it's not really expected that by game two we would be without McBurnie, Jebbison and Brewster.

We just had arguably our 4th and 5th choice strikers starting and finished with our 6th or 7th choice.
100% expected us to be without mcburnie and brewster, they are always injured and lets be honest they would have made no difference anyway, complete waste of space both of them

I can’t fault Osula & Traore’s endevour & work rate but just not a thing this level at this moment in time , turning point of the game was Traores 1 on 1 and they have to go in at this level . Unfortunately we’re not blessed with choice due to to injury & piss poor planning & board ambition . If or when they can get Brewster & Mc Bernie fit thst won’t be the answer either .
We need at least 2 more players up top & not just that with quality & physical presence . Awoniyi was their best player last night and our 3 centre backs couldnt decide who should pick him up with his movement .
Desperately short up top & without investment we gonna struggle big time .

I tend to agree.

I don’t know about that. Brewster is permanently injured. McBurnie is always getting injured. So is Jebbison. It was highly likely that at least 2 of them would be out.

That's kind of a separate debate, the merits of Jebbo and Brewster.

Let's say in the Manager's mind these two are preferred players in his match day squad.

Osula and Traore have a chance to push them down the pecking order but as at the season's start most would have sent Hecky picking Brewster in the Matchday squad, Osula on loan and Jebbo probably on the bench, especially once it was clear Ndiaye was off.
Well I’ve seen enough potential in Traore to put him a mile in front of Jebbison n Brewster and a different type of player his work rate off the ball is better than both as well

Back
Top Bottom