The Case for Eddie Howe

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

People keep saying ‘I see people talking about Wilder leaving but there’s no viable alternative’ - I’ve got one. Eddie Howe.
For some reason some of our fans scoff at him? Eh? What’s not to like apart from him being southern?

Pros:
  • Plays attacking football, we might score 2 goals in a game and maybe more than 1 from open play every 12 games.
  • Likes players with pace, so we might see some counter attacks that don’t take the same time it takes to watch the Star Wars collection in full
  • Has plenty of PL experience, more than our club has got actually
  • Has promotion experience, shows he knows how to spend money in the leagues below in order to get over the line
  • Comes across as a likeable bloke who the players would get along with
  • Has had 2 of our most expensive players already so will know ho

Cons:
  • Southern
  • Failed at Burnley in only Northern job 7 years ago or something
  • Has a relegation on his CV (although that was double points at least, unlike what we’ll achieve)
  • Defensively Bournemouth were poor, so we might be as bad as we are now
  • Is apparently waiting for Celtic or something
  • Looks like he might burst into tears at any minute

Shouts for Big Sam, Curbishley, Redknapp, Warnock, whoever else should be laughed at rightfully.
But if we need a new manager from these shores, I don’t see a better option than South Coast Eddie.

This isn’t a Wilder out post before I get called reactionary, a pig, a doom merchant, a troll, whatever else. But when you lose 15 league games out of 16, score 1 open play goal in that time, have scored 2 goals in the calendar year 3 times, have a manager making very very bizarre decisions (that lineup yesterday ffs), and are playing football that Morecambe would turn their nose up at - I think you’re entitled to start thinking of alternatives.

South Coast Eddie, he’s the man. If he can’t do it, no one can.

Why the fudge does it matter that he's southern again?

I'm southern, should I not support blades?

'Hasn't really failed yet' - buddy. Have I got news for you. We are down...
And at least Bournemouth went down with a bit of fight, scoring goals, trying. We look like a League 2 side having days out.
Ok sorry, I though you were trying to put a vain case for who could save us....Yes we are down. So who brings us back up? (please refer to my previous post)

Ok sorry, I though you were trying to put a vain case for who could save us....Yes we are down. So who brings us back up? (please refer to my previous post)
2020's Chris Wilder? Surely not. Unless he changes his ways.

First off i want wilder to stay but if he was replaced how about Hernan Losada, the Beerschof manager, doing well multi lingual already part of united world

His mum died, which didn't help I don't think
Correct, that was the major factor that made him return to Bournemouth, plus his wife didn't like it up North. Also he was given promises about funding that never materialised.

People call him a chequebook manager but that is just rubbish, garbage, they obviously do not know his managerial history.

He never had a £1 when he took over in 2008, with the club starting on -17 points. We were hours from going to the wall, going under, trained on a public park, players took their kit home to wash etc. He started with zilch and built the club, promotions through the divisions and five seasons in the Prem. He bought Calum Wilson for just £2,000,000 and made him into an England international, sold him for £20,000,000. Francis, Pugh Arter, Steve Cook and many more from non league and made them into Prem players. Yes he has been far too loyal to some, that could be a failing on his part. Yes, when we got to the Championship Max Demin bought the club and gave him some funds.

Like all managers, some of his spending has been dire, some fantastic. Ramsdale and Moussett to you, was good business for us and please I am not having a 'pop' :) Ibe turned out to be a disaster, Solanke seems to have turned the corner and is coming good. Lewis Cook is running the show now. Our record signing is Jefferson Lerma, hard tackling midfielder, cost £25,000,000, not a lot different to Brewster's fee. Ake cost £20,000,000, sold for £45,000,000.

In nett transfer dealings many Prem managers have got nowhere near what he has done.
He made mistakes last season, he did too much himself, didn't delegate enough, he openly admitted that on Sky recently. He was let down by players and a couple of bad injuries, Brooks being one.

Going back to the OP, would he move to you? I base this on gut instinct solely, I don't think he would. You are the ideal size club, great fan base and yes he can manage on a shoestring and do good things but location could be an issue. I have always thought he will go to Palace when Roy H hangs up his clipboard.
Good luck for the season, I think you'll need it. :)🌲

Blessin is your man if you look for a new manager. He was the assistant at Leipzig. He now manages oostende and he turned a bunch of crap and unknown players (everyone’s relegation favorite) into a Leipzig look a like with non stop high pressing high tempo game and he is achieving good results with very limited player material. You can immediately recognize his style of play and he combines it with results. I am very impressed by this guy. Everyone can manage the big clubs but to transfer a small team with limited funds in a high press high tempo machine, not many can do that.

If you don't know what Wilder's win percentage has to do with owt then I give up. Obviously you are just on the wind up even I don't think you are that thick.
🤣🤣 Curbishley kept West Ham up in 2007, we should definitely employ him.
Or what about Pulis? Never been relegated, kept Palace up in a similar scenario.

What the fuck has the past got to do with the present?

🤣🤣 Curbishley kept West Ham up in 2007, we should definitely employ him.
Or what about Pulis? Never been relegated, kept Palace up in a similar scenario.

What the fuck has the past got to do with the present?
Why are you proposing Eddie Howe, can you answer without any reference to anything he's done in the past?

Why are you proposing Eddie Howe, can you answer without any reference to anything he's done in the past?
Check the OP.

Win %'ages are a bit different. Let's look at his win %age from 2020.

You really are that thick. wow
I'm thick because your point has such little point to it?
His win %age includes a League One season and promotion from the Championship. Lets break up that win %age to, say, 2020. Not looking quite as rosy is it?

I'm not sure if any other manager coming in now would be any more likely to keep us up than CWAK. They wouldn't necessarily have the incentive that CWAK have either, would just be able to say ah well it wasn't the team I built, an almost impossible task, blame it on the previous regime etc etc. Then either take the money and run or we're stuck with them in the Championship.

I'm thick because your point has such little point to it?
His win %age includes a League One season and promotion from the Championship. Lets break up that win %age to, say, 2020. Not looking quite as rosy is it?
Better still compare Wilder and Howe's win % over their careers Wilder has achieved with little to spend until last season Howe has mainly achieved when backed by a billionaire.
Wilder still comes out on top.

First off i want wilder to stay but if he was replaced how about Hernan Losada, the Beerschof manager, doing well multi lingual already part of united world
Very interesting shout that. Sure someone will be along to shoot you down and question your loyalty, you may get a 'i wouldn't want to be with you int' trenches comment too.

Come back when Wilders win % in his time with us falls into the low 30's, as it is it stands at 47%

If you look up the word 'MetalBlade' in the dictionary, it says: a self contradiction.

Decision time for the Prince stick with Wilder or twist and get someone else in before January, this can't carry on something has to give.

Hate to say it but maybe Wilders time is up if he can't instil some fight in the team, this is as poor as anything Adkins put out.

Better still compare Wilder and Howe's win % over their careers Wilder has achieved with little to spend until last season Howe has mainly achieved when backed by a billionaire.
Wilder still comes out on top.
Howe = 5 Premier League seasons.
Wilder = 1 and a half.

Surely you have to understand how that brings a win percentage down?

Back
Top Bottom