The carnage on the pitch...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I think the reasoning behind this is that we’re investing in an asset which is unlikely to depreciate. It’s much less of a gamble than investing in players every signing is a gamble and of course you commit to paying their wages.
Should I get a ST for the training ground instead then ?

There is a view that at some point you have to invest in the infrastructure such as the training ground otherwise it our training facilities start to look poor. A forward thinking club will have decent up-to-date training facilities (or as much as they can possibly afford anyway) as otherwise decent players might not want to come as they spend a lot of time on the training pitch and using the recuperation facilities. It's a necessity rather than a nice to have if you want to progress as a club. In addition, Banks etc are much more likely to find loans against tangible assets of the club I e. bricks and mortar, rather than a footballer whose value can drop like a stone.

After that performance against Wolves, which everyone agrees was a proper strikers performance, I think we should give him another deal, he just needs a full pre season.
Take your point

But …..the guys an expensive crock and has contributed nothing whatsoever to date . I’m not for one moment saying it’s his fault at all , it must be awful for him .

Offer him a contract by all means but on much lower terms befitting his appearance record and as yet , undelivered potential. Other than that- let him go .

Imo

Back
Top Bottom