Thats me done for the season

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

mattbianco1

Forum Royalty
Reaction score
This isn't a flounce.

I thought the balance of play meant it was a draw. Maybe 1 goal either way. Certainly wasn't a 4-1 drubbing.

We could've had 4 before they scored.

But...

We're so shite at defending, it's just not enjoyable at all. Hopefully weather picks up and I can get on golf course or something. I'll be back in August, I'm just feeling drained. The players look drained too.

It's been a tough one to take this year. Still need 5pts to beat the 2021 season points total 😱

This isn't a flounce.

I thought the balance of play meant it was a draw. Maybe 1 goal either way. Certainly wasn't a 4-1 drubbing.

But...

We're so shite at defending, it's just not enjoyable at all. Hopefully weather picks up and I can get on golf course or something. I'll be back in August, I'm just feeling drained. The players look drained too.

It's been a tough one to take this year. Still need 5pts to beat the 2021 season points total 😱
I'm 50/50 for the Forest game. If he drops Grbic I'll go, can't see the point in watching us with that clown in goal

This isn't a flounce.

But...

We got 23 points in 2021, we need 8 points from 5 games to beat that ❤️

This isn't a flounce.

But...

It was just a hapless performance, not enough players giving a shit, some terrible defending and a keeper that really just shouldn’t be on the pitch.

Burnley were a poor side there for the taking. Like many sides we’ve played and results we’ve ended up with you leave wondering how it ended up like that… before reminding yourself that so many of the players, just aren’t interested and don’t do their jobs - todays culprits were Grbic, Anel, Trusty and Souza. They just don’t do what they’re supposed to do. The left side was generally a target for Burnley because Osborne and Trusty just aren’t up to it.

And any shots that come in are going in if it’s not right down Grbic’s throat.

Disheartening as we had chances to get ahead and then get back into the game, but fuck me we go and make errors which put games so far out of sight so quickly

I’ve unfortunately not got excuses to not go to the next two games, Forest may well be our relegation home coming.

This isn't a flounce.

But...

I said that to my mate earlier, I’m not bothered now. I’ve taken enough punishment.

And before people say you’ve got to back the team when they’re bad if you’re a proper fan….i was still there at the end when we were 8-0 down to Newcastle (mainly because I was waiting on a lift) & I was stayed until the end vs Villa. I deserve a break 😂😅

I thought we were decent up front and in midfield and could easily have had a 3-4 goal lead before they scored, but for some excellent stops by their keeper.

But our defence has been dire all season and we have gone backwards as regards keeper.

We created chances but didn’t convert enough of them and every time Burnley shot on target they scored. Indeed they seemed to have a shoot on sight policy. And why not? They clearly sussed that we simply cannot defend and our keeper can’t keep.

Our defensive players, coaching and tactics are utterly abysmal. I can’t blame anyone who has had enough of this for the rest of the season.

He did? when?
On Radio Sheffield - he did that “well everyone wasn’t very happy with the situation in that position (true) and so we had to do something (also true)”.
But I suspect we were all thinking that the “something” would entail bringing in an improvement on Wes, not someone far, far worse.
Hate to pile on one player, but this lad is simply not a premier league goalkeeper. In fact I don’t think he would be acceptable at any level.

The Forest game is a Saturday 3pm kick off and they will still be rare thing next season with the new TV deal so I’ll go to that .. not sure I can be arsed with the Spurs game on a Sunday at 4pm.

This isn't a flounce.

But...

That's me done.

This isn't a flounce.

But...

Don’t blame you mate I’ve been golfing the past 2 and a bit months instead of going to the match (yes I’m not the biggest blade 😂) no point compounding an already hard life watching that rubbish this season

You’ll get pelters off the bigger blades for this post.

Losing 9-1 on aggregate against a shit side like Burnley is embarrassing. I think the only games we might do something in are the Man U and Spurs ones, because they’re soft as shit teams who won’t try very hard like Chelsea.

Forest will batter us.

As I’ve paid for it, I’ll be at the last 2 games. It gets me out of the house & good to spend a bit of time outside in the fresh air with a pal. But……
My mate who I go with has already offered me his ticket for the Spurs game as he’s washing his hair or summat. And he said he now might not bother with the Forest game either.
So you’re not on your own mattbianco1.
Sadly, my 5 year old grandson might continue his learning about what being a Blade is all about & if he turns his nose up, I might end up taking the Mrs.
Yes. Things have got that bad 🤣🤣

This isn't a flounce.

But...

I've never been so drained & depressed watching Blades in 50 years. 3 out of 5 years with Prem money & a team not fit for Championship.

Cant get to Old Trafford but I'm going to Newcastle and the home game v Forest. Deffo going to Everton because I have one remaining wish, which is to see us win there and help relegate the bastards.

Will be at Ripon races on the Sunday we play Spurs which thankfully, will see me miss the "lap of appreciation" and the fond farewell to Souza and the Teflon gloved goalkeeper.

I'm afraid I've put up the white flag too. It's just too draining. Left at 1-4 and then 2 buses didn't turn up. Was missing the last home match anyway, as I booked a holiday, which I wouldn't normally do in season time. Support has to work both ways and currently it isn't.
Did see words being exchanged between players after the 4th goal. I don't think they are not trying. We collectively aren't good enough, organised enough.

Hate to pile on one player, but this lad is simply not a premier league goalkeeper. In fact I don’t think he would be acceptable at any level.
When I'm in goal having a kickaround with my kids (aged 7 and 5), i let a fair number of easy saves in to the net to give the boys a chance and boost their confidence. Grbic would be great in that role - and best of all no acting needed!

I don’t think that I’ve ever enjoyed a season less than this one. Even the Micky Adams and David weir eras.

I’ve missed a few games this season and I think todays ended the season for me too.

I’m usually gutted if I miss one game on my season ticket and sulk about it. This season can just fuck off.

Well I have tickets for Manure , Toon and Everton next week so I am going to bath in the excrement that is season 23/24 so I can say I was there ( hardcore and all that ) so fuck off all you glory hunting non blades and get an Uber to S6 where you all belong . ⚔️💪🏻😎

This isn't a flounce.

But...

What? And miss the lap of honour after the last home game?

Ever since the Villa game I've stopped going and watching. I've started to watch the under 21s instead and have enjoyed it a lot more.

If you are a season ticket holder you just sort of turn up, don't generally think about it but by fuck it's been a tough watch this season, first time since the early 90's I've questioned renewing.
I have renewed, but I can't honestly tell you why, blind loyalty?

Cant get to Old Trafford but I'm going to Newcastle and the home game v Forest. Deffo going to Everton because I have one remaining wish, which is to see us win there and help relegate the bastards.

Will be at Ripon races on the Sunday we play Spurs which thankfully, will see me miss the "lap of appreciation" and the fond farewell to Souza and the Teflon gloved goalkeeper.
Given his reflexes you might make it back in time to see grbic's lap 😂

I’m 57 years old (been down to Division 4 etc) but this has been the worst season I’ve ever experienced in all those years. It’s constant misery.

Today in patches we played well but our problem is defending. We have not defended well all season. It’s not just about individuals it’s about the defence as a unit. It doesn’t work and they’ve made so many mistakes this season and given away too many soft goals. So above all a rebuilding of the defence is needed and needed very quickly in the close season.

Back
Top Bottom