Thats me done for the season

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I knew what was coming today. I’d had enough a few games ago, so the opportunity to miss this one and paint the exterior wood work was just too good to miss. However anyone who selects Garbage and Souza deserves an arse rodding with a spiny cactus. Beware Wilder.

He did? when?
Clearly on that interview … he admitted he hadn’t had a great start to his career and seems every shot goes in… take a listen…

Then tires to include everyone in the duck up by saying something like we were all making a noise to change the keeper as if that’s an excuse for the bad signing

This isn't a flounce.

I thought the balance of play meant it was a draw. Maybe 1 goal either way. Certainly wasn't a 4-1 drubbing.

We could've had 4 before they scored.

But...

We're so shite at defending, it's just not enjoyable at all. Hopefully weather picks up and I can get on golf course or something. I'll be back in August, I'm just feeling drained. The players look drained too.

It's been a tough one to take this year. Still need 5pts to beat the 2021 season points total 😱
I don’t ask personal questions on here.

But sounds to me like you play for Sheffield United.

Yesterday was the worst yet and has left me feeling really tuned out and unsympathetic to the players. It’s one thing not being good enough, it’s another giving up and feeling sorry for yourselves, which they seemed to yesterday and I have no time for it.

I understand that poor form and lack of confidence is infectious and if the team lacks quality it’s difficult but help yourselves a bit. Show a bit of desire and willingness to defend and stay in the game.

I make in a year what some of these lads make in a week/fortnight. Doing the basics with a degree of competence and putting some effort towards your work is a bare minimum requirement….in any job.

The second goal is absolutely pathetic. Just no desire to stop him. Third one, the lad is unmarked on the penalty spot with four United players around him. Absolutely embarrassing. This is isn’t even about levels it’s about attention to simple details, desire and concentration.

I’ll accept them losing, I won’t accept what I saw yesterday. Don’t blame anyone for boycotting games for the rest of the season, I’m an exile anyway and go when I can so I’m not going to cast an opinion on things like that. The supporters are the only ones I feel sorry for. If the players feel sorry for themselves they can go and do it elsewhere. I’ll feel sorry for unlucky players, not ones that give up.

This isn't a flounce.

I thought the balance of play meant it was a draw. Maybe 1 goal either way. Certainly wasn't a 4-1 drubbing.

But...

We're so shite at defending, it's just not enjoyable at all. Hopefully weather picks up and I can get on golf course or something. I'll be back in August, I'm just feeling drained. The players look drained too.

It's been a tough one to take this year. Still need 5pts to beat the 2021 season points total 😱
1 definitely but four jeez you need to cut out the mushroom tea
a poor side Burnley but still miles in front of us as a football side
Which shows how pathetically bad we are

I’m done after the bar codes. I’ve bought that ticket mainly to tick off a ground I’ve not been to before. I’ve certainly seen worse United sides but this team has been the one furthest away from the standard required in all my many years watching them. They aren’t bad going forward but are atrocious at defending. I have a 180 mile round trip to home games and quite frankly I can’t be arsed any more. I will however be renewing my season ticket and be back in August. All my mates left at half time yesterday I stuck it out until it got to 4-1 then joined em in the Clubhouse. My final game of the season will be Solihull Moors v Gateshead in the FA trophy final at Wembley.

1 definitely but four jeez you need to cut out the mushroom tea
a poor side Burnley but still miles in front of us as a football side
Which shows how pathetically bad we are
McBurnie point blank.
McBurnie from the angle.
Diaz one on one.

Thats 3 that all should go in. There was a 4th I'm sure but the highlights aren't showing it.

Cant get to Old Trafford but I'm going to Newcastle and the home game v Forest. Deffo going to Everton because I have one remaining wish, which is to see us win there and help relegate the bastards.

Will be at Ripon races on the Sunday we play Spurs which thankfully, will see me miss the "lap of appreciation" and the fond farewell to Souza and the Teflon gloved goalkeeper.
Recommend the little champagne bar by the paddock at Ripon. Lovely spot. Sure as fuck beats watching Grbic.

I'll keep going to the home matches, but it'll be very hard to summon the desire to go to the Forest match.

The only thing worse that scabrous, tree shagging dog-noncing twats is smug scabrous tree shagging dog-noncing twats.

I'm 50/50 for the Forest game. If he drops Grbic I'll go, can't see the point in watching us with that clown in goal
Agree

Everyone, and I do mean , everyone ,can see how awful Grbic is - for whatever reason .

Anyone with a duty of care , let alone a professional football manager , would drop / rest him .

If CW doesn’t , then if he has a boss who also should have a duty of care for the reputation and well being of his club -he should be telling CW to get his own fkin act together or else .

But - he won’t and he won’t and that’s the fkin state we are in

Clowns 🤡 to the left of me - jokers to the right -

I joined the golf club after the pre-season defeat to Girona.
Hate golf, but my handicap has been coming down steadily this season.

I don’t think that I’ve ever enjoyed a season less than this one. Even the Micky Adams and David weir eras.

I’ve missed a few games this season and I think todays ended the season for me too.

I’m usually gutted if I miss one game on my season ticket and sulk about it. This season can just fuck off.
The Atkinson season was worse, never been to so many games were the players were absolutely ripped by the fans, that was shocking levels of I can’t be arsed

I thought we were decent up front and in midfield and could easily have had a 3-4 goal lead before they scored, but for some excellent stops by their keeper.

But our defence has been dire all season and we have gone backwards as regards keeper.

We created chances but didn’t convert enough of them and every time Burnley shot on target they scored. Indeed they seemed to have a shoot on sight policy. And why not? They clearly sussed that we simply cannot defend and our keeper can’t keep.

Our defensive players, coaching and tactics are utterly abysmal. I can’t blame anyone who has had enough of this for the rest of the season.
First chance to go to the Lane yesterday for me this season, so I was going to enjoy the opportunity and stayed until the end. Having watched us on the TV I thought we couldn’t look any worse when attending in person. However I was wrong. I agree totally with this post. Looked pretty good going forward, just not clinical enough, but the defending was absolutely shocking and I’m now not so suprised we have been thumped consistently. There are enough decent forward lines to do the same damage in the Championship if we don’t sort this out.

I said that to my mate earlier, I’m not bothered now. I’ve taken enough punishment.

And before people say you’ve got to back the team when they’re bad if you’re a proper fan….i was still there at the end when we were 8-0 down to Newcastle (mainly because I was waiting on a lift) & I was stayed until the end vs Villa. I deserve a break 😂😅
You don’t have to justify your non appearance to anyone 😀

We (2 x mates and myself) dared each other to renew our ST yesterday before the match .

Into the ticket office we went and painlessly renewed

Wonder if there is a cooling off period ?

It’s been a very very hard watch this season , I’ve being going since 77 & believe me I’ve seen some shite served up at times , but I have to say I’ve never seen us take so many hammering at home in one season . There losing to good sides & there’s been competitive ... we’ve been an absolute shit show , I couldn’t blame anyone for not going for the rest of the season at all ⚔️

We (2 x mates and myself) dared each other to renew our ST yesterday before the match .

Into the ticket office we went and painlessly renewed

Wonder if there is a cooling off period ?
Me & my pal have been going to renew ever since the opportunity to do so came out.
We spoke about it again yesterday - both committed to doing it but neither of us have yet. It’s hard to generate the enthusiasm to dig my wallet out on the back of yesterday.

Going to the match should be a fun event.
Meet up. Couple of drinks. Lots of laughs. Enjoyable game.
Currently it’s not so much fun as all the chat is about what a shit state we’re in, how many we’ll lose by, how bad some of the players are etc.
See you next season!

This isn't a flounce.

But...

No one can blame you, mush.

Agree

Everyone, and I do mean , everyone ,can see how awful Grbic is - for whatever reason .

Anyone with a duty of care , let alone a professional football manager , would drop / rest him .

If CW doesn’t , then if he has a boss who also should have a duty of care for the reputation and well being of his club -he should be telling CW to get his own fkin act together or else .

But - he won’t and he won’t and that’s the fkin state we are in

Clowns 🤡 to the left of me - jokers to the right -
Here we are, stuck in the middle of this shit show

I said that to my mate earlier, I’m not bothered now. I’ve taken enough punishment.

And before people say you’ve got to back the team when they’re bad if you’re a proper fan….i was still there at the end when we were 8-0 down to Newcastle (mainly because I was waiting on a lift) & I was stayed until the end vs Villa. I deserve a break 😂😅
Think we all deserve a break mate, it's took its toll on all of us, only 5 more games to suffer sadly! I've been going since the sixties and seen some awful sides at different levels, but this fucker takes the biscuit. Players what aren't good enough I can take, players what show no effort I can't! Apart from arblaster they can all fuck off for me.

I renewed our STs this morning. Not sure why. Bit what else would I do on a Saturday? Oh, or maybe a Sunday, Monday, Tuesday etc etc.

I’m at the NEC for the weekend of the Spurs game, thankfully. So just the chance to watch Forest take us to the fucking cleaners to go.

I’m at the NEC for the weekend of the Spurs game, thankfully. So just the chance to watch Forest take us to the fucking cleaners to go.
Yeah I'm away for the Forrest game and I'm very glad.

The thought of those scumbags taking the piss and thumping us is unbearable.

It has been depressing and as bad as I can remember although Adkins was equally bad and that was in Div 1. I saaved myself grief early on and resigned myself to relegation back in October sometime. Might have been seen as veryy negative but all the warning signds were flasshing for me - poor set of new players, main players with long term injuries, no investment etc. I think the fans have been remarkable really - perhaps we are all punch drunk. I don't think the chnage of manager had anything to do with it. Pep wouldn't get a tune out of this bunch.

It has been depressing and as bad as I can remember although Adkins was equally bad and that was in Div 1. I saaved myself grief early on and resigned myself to relegation back in October sometime. Might have been seen as veryy negative but all the warning signds were flasshing for me - poor set of new players, main players with long term injuries, no investment etc. I think the fans have been remarkable really - perhaps we are all punch drunk. I don't think the chnage of manager had anything to do with it. Pep wouldn't get a tune out of this bunch.
Time for a change... owner + manager other than that its going to get fucking worse! Spiral downwards is on the cards with this shower.

Back
Top Bottom