THAT tackle!

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

itsinyerblood

Reaction score
Forgive me if my memory has named the wrong player, but I think it was Jackson, the Charlton player, who scythed down Flynn. How that warrants a yellow amazes me? A blatant foul, and Jackson should have been on his way down the tunnel.

was watching on tv. obvious yellow card, on the harsher end of yellow cards, but a red would have been ridiculous

Brother in law watched on tv and said when he first saw it he thought yellow but on seeing it again said he should have gone.

was watching on tv. obvious yellow card, on the harsher end of yellow cards, but a red would have been ridiculous

Yes, my take on it - just. We wouldn't have many 11 v 11 games if everyone who did a tackle like that got red.

Agree Stanny, no attempt at the ball, just one thought and that was to take Flynn out

Why would he steam in that hard if he just wanted to take him out? He'd just do what Flynn did and drag him down, not risk a red aiming for the man like that. He's gone in thinking he can get it and he's missed it.

Bad foul, but not a red in my opinion. I do however imagine the referee said something like:

"You're in the book son. If I catch you doing anything like that again, just get up and walk off, don't bother coming over."

What do you reckon to baxters tackle then just before clough brought him off:eek:

Just as bad as Baxter's tackle for me, both got what they deserved Yellow.

Well yeh he took him out (no flowers, chocolates or even a mc Donald's happy meal) but being of an age to remember tony ken worthy, John mcphail and just Ron (chopper) Harris no red I think it was just a full blooded challenge and refs should stop this bollocks of slightest contact and its a foul/yellow/red bring back the Mans game

My initial reaction was it should've been a straight red. High, late and no attempt to get the ball.

What do you reckon to baxters tackle then just before clough brought him off:eek:

Right infront of me, and this could have been very easy a red, stupid daft challenge. 2-0 up with 15 mins to play and he does that. I was furious that he did that.

I think it's all relative. Many years ago it wouldn't even warrant a booking (ask Hunter, Harris, Storey, Hind, Hockey and 100 others) but today it was a card, of that there is no doubt.
I think we expected/wanted red because it was a far worse challenge than the one which Flynn got a yellow for.

All these yellow/red cards nowadays hack me off. Look at the theatrical way some referees issue them. Surely it's time now to at least experiment with a 10 minute sin bin.

Harsh tackle, not particularly helped by the fact Flynn weighs about 6 stone. If Jackson tried that on Hill he may have ended up arse over tit.

Definite yellow. Didn't stop me chanting "OFF OFF OFF", though.

Back
Top Bottom