That goal...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Brewster's pace, strength and unwillingness to lose the ball have been his key strengths if he can find the middle way between passing to the keeper and hoofing it into the crowd he would be virtually unplayable.

Was impressed by Khadra last season and really glad when I knew he was coming to the Lane. Another player with great pace and instincts.

Where’s Wes? A goal like that warrants the keeper running the full length of the pitch to join in the celebrations.
Needs dropping 😉
UTB

I think you’re both right here. Brewster shrugged off the tackle. It’s a cop out if the ref gives the foul as it’s exactly what naughton is aiming for.

This screen grab doesn’t show the position of the ball but what it does show is that right from the nod down, Naughton only has an intention to block Brewster and either a) foul Brewster or b) get fouled himself.

He achieves neither. Brewster, has only one thought. Drive forward

View attachment 143879View attachment 143880
The ball was an absolute mission away and Brewster was well behind his man. Just goes to show how fit and healthy modern pros are. If I'd have headed a ball that far ahead with a player considerably closer to it than me I'd have said "ah fuck that"

The ball was an absolute mission away and Brewster was well behind his man. Just goes to show how fit and healthy modern pros are. If I'd have headed a ball that far ahead with a player considerably closer to it than me I'd have said "ah fuck that"
Naughton's reaction was typical of an old pro! out done for pace and power,some refs would have blown for a foul,Bond read it perfectly and allowed it to online.
As a young player for us and Swansea his strengnth
Was his pace! as we know that goes with age and using experience to win foul etc kicks in.
Billy Sharp is a classic example of this he knows how to buy a foul.
Early doors yet but promotions are built on wins like this.

Naughton's reaction was typical of an old pro! out done for pace and power,some refs would have blown for a foul,Bond read it perfectly and allowed it to online.
As a young player for us and Swansea his strengnth
Was his pace! as we know that goes with age and using experience to win foul etc kicks in.
Billy Sharp is a classic example of this he knows how to buy a foul.
Early doors yet but promotions are built on wins like this.
You’re right, I’ve watched it a few times and Naughton probably wouldn’t have got across to clear it to row Z so his only option was to try and disrupt the run of Brewster.

Looking at the run from Brewster he was already in full flow by the time Naughton made his wide turn. So Naughton was up against it even if he was in acres

Quality desire from Brewster

This is pretty conclusive evidence for me that there was no foul. Fantastic break away goal, subs being determined to make a difference and try to force their way into the side has got us 2 extra points there - credit Hecky (and Brewster and Khadra)
Any Chance we can do the same level of analysis for the Foderingham Egan debacle who Walker I think on comms praised Egan for the recovery when in reality it was Ahmedhodzic who had somehow set off from Port Talbot and still got back to clear it
View attachment 143882
Sensational defending, 99% of us probably thought that was 1-0.

I know they are saying a draw was a fair result. But when you think about how hard our players worked, to get that 94th minute winner, they deserved that.

As Naughton cuts across Brewster, looks like Brewster eases off the pace just a tad , just enough so that Naughton misses him and ends up on his arse.😆

If Brewster had also gone down it would probably have been a freekick to us in all honesty and a yellow for Naughton.

He cuts across Brewster in opposite direction to where ball is going no interest in playing the ball just blocking off Brewdog.

Credit to Brewster for staying on his feet and for referee bond to allow play to continue.

There’s currently a movement on here by snowflakes about minor grammatical errors in posts being corrected. Well l for one won’t be bullied into silence. It’s “on’t telly”.
Language is ever evolving. Today’s grammatical errors are tomorrow’s perfection.
This snowflake is quite happy with whatever is written as long as it makes sense.

Language is ever evolving. Today’s grammatical errors are tomorrow’s perfection.
This snowflake is quite happy with whatever is written as long as it makes sense.

Does that include content?

It doesn’t really relate to the grammar of our fellow members, more to references to links regarding a particular subject, where the “expert” involved is incapable of producing a coherent sentence, it’s not that serious at all save for the odd member getting triggered :)

Back
Top Bottom