Thanks Hecky

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reaction score
Now the appointments been made, I think a big THANK YOU to Hecky deserves it's own thread. He was certainly thrown into the deep end and has been criticised by many (including myself as it happens) but he was on a hiding to nothing and faced with very difficult circumstances. I believe I may be writing for most fans in saying well done for trying; you're a great bloke and coach and hope your future with the Blades will be a good and successful one. Let's hope Slav relies on your experience and be the important link from our promising youth to the first team squad.
Again, THANK YOU.

Now the appointments been made, I think a big THANK YOU to Hecky deserves it's own thread. He was certainly thrown into the deep end and has been criticised by many (including myself as it happens) but he was on a hiding to nothing and faced with very difficult circumstances. I believe I may be writing for most fans in saying well done for trying; you're a great bloke and coach and hope your future with the Blades will be a good and successful one. Let's hope Slav relies on your experience and be the important link from our promising youth to the first team squad.
Again, THANK YOU.

Agree. He held the fort at a really difficult time.

It'll be interesting to hear what Hecky tells Jokanovic about his thoughts on the team.

Slav: "So, during your time in charge who were the stand out players?"

Hecky: "Didsy played his bollocks off and did really well, Ramsdale was great despite being under a constant barrage of shots every game, and young Dan has impressed in the last few games."

Slav: "And the other players?"

Hecky: "So, you've been managing in the middle east, is that right?"

Slav: "Yes, but tell me about my squad."

Hecky: "Championship football again huh, will it be third time lucky for you?"

Slav: "Maybe, Paul, tell me about me squad."

Hecky: "..........."

Slav: "Paul?..... Paul?.......Paul?"

Yes, he’s been very dignified. Hopefully he’ll go back to developing our kids, which he seems to be very good at, and be part of our progression.

Unverified account, but followed by United and the development team.

great credit must go to the guy for stepping up to the plate after wilder walked but you can see in his interviews the youth system is his area that he wants to concentrate on in the future and were in good hands with hecky jack lester and delboy running things at the cliffe

The use of the word they rather than we is odd although maybe he’s referring solely to the seniors.
Thought similar - it’s a little ambiguous but at first read my reaction was “has he left?”
Hope not. I like him & doing a great job.

Hopefully for him 'we' is the development side and 'they' is the senior side.

Completely agree, it was a poison chalice, not only the lack of players due to injury, the poor form and quality of the players but also because of his great friendship with wilder he must have felt conflicted, but he always came across as a genuinely honest and decent man

Back
Top Bottom