THANK YOU MARK DUFFY

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

He weren't bad but come on, I wouldn't put him in same class as Mr Magic, Tony Currie. I think some are going a bit over the top on here

But good luck anyway Duffy, you played your part in our rise back to where we should have been years ago, and for that I thank you.

He weren't bad but come on, I wouldn't put him in same class as Mr Magic, Tony Currie. I think some are going a bit over the top on here

But good luck anyway Duffy, you played your part in our rise back to where we should have been years ago, and for that I thank you.
To be fair to Duffs- he did do what TC did and that was entertain, a twist , a stop, opposite player goes wrong way , is about as good as it gets besides a goal, makes you laugh makes you smile, even if you've played loads of football, it's a rare treat its a rare thing. Not many can do. But it is a joy.

But... although Duffs was very very very good, TC was one of the worlds greatest ever players, and it was not in that category.

The Duffy goal was brilliant but on that day we all saw the "birth" of a future star who could well go far young David Brooks.

Benny 4 years ago I wasn't expected to see the year out and unknown to me my 3 kids organised a treat, I was sat on sofa and knock on door I went stood there was TC; and just said "you're god, what you. doing at my house". I said to wife I'm bringing "god" in, he stayed for 90 minutes and we reminisced I reminded him about the miss at Birmingham and won't print his reply what a gent, what a guy and his Mrs is lovely also, made this old fart's whole life.

I don’t see what we gain by sending Duffy on loan.
If we had sold him I would of said “thanks Mark I will never for get the great times you’ve brought us”, but to lower the wage bill by a fraction it doesn’t make sense to me.

These days with Chris Wilder have been the good times. Mark Duffy has been very much part of it all.
I wish him all the best at Stoke.

Oh what a night.........

A genuine club legend for me, instrumental during some of my best times as a Unitedite. Shame its come to this, but all the best to him.

There's one thing for sure he has never been, or never will be, Loved as much by another set of fans where ever he has played or where finishes his career , I hope he realises this, the whole situation is a fuck up , but that's life !!

When I think of the last three years player wise, I immediately think of the energy of Mark Duffy,and how he competed all over all over the pitch.
Sorry to see him go.

Maybe Wilder and Knill saw something pre season that made them think however good he was (and he was brilliant) he was struggling to compete at the next level and that every outstanding player has their day. Was the posting of finishing last in the run around the pitch strategic? He is nearly 34 and isn’t the future? Lifelong blade however and will always be welcome back at the Lane.
I personally hope he tears it up at Stoke.

I remember a similar situation with my 1st wife when she was working, she was head of a department good at her job but felt she deserved more pay. So she asked for a raise when the gaffer said no she promptly put her notice in (she always was a gobby twat). Even on the following Friday she was convinced the boss would relent and give her more money. What she did get was a lovely Sheffield made canteen of cutlery as a thank you and two weeks pay, oh the tears she cried she loved that job. Yeah she got another job and better pay if she made bonus but was back at the bottom of the ladder. She always did regret that gobby outburst and handing in her notice, she was the only loser the company carried on without her and the boss made his millions when he sold the company to some Americans years later.

Maybe Wilder and Knill saw something pre season that made them think however good he was (and he was brilliant) he was struggling to compete at the next level and that every outstanding player has their day. Was the posting of finishing last in the run around the pitch strategic? He is nearly 34 and isn’t the future? Lifelong blade however and will always be welcome back at the Lane.
I personally hope he tears it up at Stoke.

6 minutes off the bench in a defeat yesterday would suggest not.

Stoke rock bottom and still not giving him a game is a sackable offense in it's own right.
The Liverpool thought that last year with Ben Woodburn, however he didn't ever fit in and he is at Oxford now. Does he do it in training and show the boss he still has it?

It is sad not to see Duffy playing for us in the Prem. Seems like at least part of it was of his own doing though.

Players shouldn’t dictate when they get new contracts / pay rises.

The one I’m most gutted about it’s Coutts! That injury was totally out of his control and cost him his chance.

Hope Stoke have to pay penalty fees for.not playing him ;-)

What an absolute waste. Duffy would be right at home in the premier league from what I've seen so far, his game is made for it. Such a shame.

Back
Top Bottom