Textbook example of how to convince fans that we’ve had a good transfer window

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Too cynical remember what McCabe would have done

Please list all the unpaid debts and embargo's under McCabe.

He only sold players to keep the club on an even financial footing.

HRH is banking on the club sale or promotion to pay the debt, both could of course fail, then the gamble will result in ?????.

Up until the embargo nobody was particularly thinking we would have anyone out but we were hoping for a back up striker.

We are weaker than when we went into the window yet most are fine with it.

A masterclass in lowering expectations.
I don’t understand this negative attitude. And why are we weaker than when we went into the window? Khadra? He made virtually no impact and the manager never played him.

I don’t understand this negative attitude. And why are we weaker than when we went into the window? Khadra? He made virtually no impact and the manager never played him.
It's not a negative attitude it's a fact. Even if he wasn't first choice over the next three games we'd be using him with only sharp, Ndiaye and a returning Mcburnie to pick from.

It's not a negative attitude it's a fact. Even if he wasn't first choice over the next three games we'd be using him with only sharp, Ndiaye and a returning Mcburnie to pick from.

He wanted more game time. As did his club. He wanted out, understandably.

He wanted more game time. As did his club. He wanted out, understandably.
Yes but Hecky wanted to bring in a replacement and with only 4 strikers to pick from until Brewster is back one injury or suspension leaves us very light.

Yes but Hecky wanted to bring in a replacement and with only 4 strikers to pick from until Brewster is back one injury or suspension leaves us very light.

Obviously. Does that suggest Hecky didn’t have any clue what was going on? That’s what l took from his comments, which were increasingly negative, maybe when it finally dawned on him.

Obviously. Does that suggest Hecky didn’t have any clue what was going on? That’s what l took from his comments, which were increasingly negative, maybe when it finally dawned on him.
The point I was making is the squads weaker. That's it. I don't understand how anyone is not agreeing tbh. Luckily or perhaps fortunately jebbo has done well with his chances but unfortunately he's currently suspended for 3 games and it shows we are light up top

The point I was making is the squads weaker. That's it. I don't understand how anyone is not agreeing tbh. Luckily or perhaps fortunately jebbo has done well with his chances but unfortunately he's currently suspended for 3 games and it shows we are light up top

I know what the point was. But Khadra wanted away. When did Hecky realise/know no one would be coming in?

Nobody expected any meaningful new additions.

Many did fear losing the best of what we had.

So it has been a positive window.
When McBurnie didn't return after the WC, there were unanimous calls for another striker in January.

When Khadra left, most wanted two more in. One to replace him, one to replace Brewster and McBurnie.

I agree that it hasn't been a bad window, but a few years ago in a similar situation we made the signings to push us to promotion. Most other clubs are trying the same. We shouldn't need it, but should still have it.

When McBurnie didn't return after the WC, there were unanimous calls for another striker in January.

When Khadra left, most wanted two more in. One to replace him, one to replace Brewster and McBurnie.

I agree that it hasn't been a bad window, but a few years ago in a similar situation we made the signings to push us to promotion. Most other clubs are trying the same. We shouldn't need it, but should still have it.
It’s not that “it hasn’t been a bad window”, it’s been a very good window. We kept our best player, and one of our best.
Dear god, during the Wrexham game some people were saying the players weren’t performing because they were unhappy about Berge leaving!
For fucking fuck’s sake!

"I'm a professional cynic but my heart's not in it. I'm paying the price of living life at the limit".

When I look at our last two years of transfers it appears batshit crazy. One permanent signing. One. Little turn over of an ageing playing squad. Players allowed to run their contracts down - including our most valuable young assets. Not a recipe for success in the long run that's for sure. If we don't go up this season and bank the Prem cash it's scary unless the new owner chucks big money at it.

Judging this window alone, context is needed. I can park a lot of that. 12 points clear with a game in hand. Those below us faltering. If we were mid table I'd say cash in on the two big names if they wont sign new deals, and turn the squad over with young players on long deals. Also Prince out as you can't run a sustainable Championship club of our size. As it is, let's get promoted, get our best young players under contract and then reassess. Hopefully the new owner is already pushing some of this. If it was my club (or going to be) I'd be on it re the contracts already
Two permanent signings: Anel and Adam Davies. People always forget Adam Davies....not that this detracts from your general point.

Re contracts running down, it was necessary for some (Stevens and Fleck) but you're bang on about it as a general strategy. Risky to say the least.

Back
Top Bottom