Team vs Leicester City

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Same, but Fleck out and Freeman in.
Robinsin out and McBurnie in

We play better with Freeman, and need a more clinical striker up front. McGoldrick I think contributes more overall than Robinson.

Got a feeling it'll be another cagey formation with the tactics set out to stifle their creative players rather than play glorious flowing football.

So it'll be pretty much the same team. Freeman for Fleck; McBurnie for Robinson. Morrison on the bench.

Don't be surprised if Besic makes an appearance at some point to man mark Maddison

Freeman in for Fleck. McBurnie in for Robinson.

Morrison and Mousett on the bench. All the rest, as you were.

Leicester are a good side and we will have to set up to be solid again. Might bring the moose on for a bit of pace and outlet ball in second half.

I think if Ravel is fit, he should be on the bench for this. Leicester will be better than Bournemouth and Palace and present some real quality in terms of their attacking build up. I feel Morrison will be that extra bit of quality we'll need.

Deano
Baldock Basham Egan JOC Stevens
Freeman Norwood Lundstram
Robinson McBurnie

Sharp
Morrison
Fleck
McGoldrick
Jags

(Morrison to replace a CM if it's not happening for em)

Mousett and Morrison won't feature.
Theyll probably start against Blackburn.
Agree about the need to bury chances and much as I love Didzy he should have 2 to his name . Can't miss them at this level. It bites you in the bum.
That said I can see us starting him with McB.
Freeman for Fleck.

Depends on how Fleck is, Robinson took a knock as well I think. If everyone's fit then I doubt we'll see a change.

Nothing just we have 5 good strikers so nice to freshen it up. Also McGoldrick needs to start putting chances away as they're hard to come by in the PL.
BTL a tad early to 'freshen it up' after 2 games! Understand your comment about Mcgoldrick putting his chances away but he is a player I like to see starting and after watching Robinson last week he has to start,he has already stated he is fit and ready to go so he has to play,along with Freeman wether Fleck is fit or not.

Didzy offers so much more than just an attacking threat and that keeps him the shirt, watch how many times he pops up at LB/RB to help George & Enda out and how many times he clears a loose ball following an opposition corner. Not to mention dropping deep to link up with the Midfield.

Whether or not Fleck is fit, Freeman starts for me, we looked so much better when he came on, (nowt against Flecky of course)…..if Robbo is fit he will probably start as he has a bit more pace than McB, if not Oli comes in for Robbo.

I don't like making predictions as they can bite you on bum, but I feel that on Saturday we won't be so under the glare of Sky or what ever and we may play our normal composed game. I mean Sunday must have been nerve wracking from Doris the tea lady all way up to CW.

There's alot being made of the Mcgoldrick miss ,we need to put chances away etc,but hang on give the lad a break,it came at speed through a couple of players and he managed to get summat on it ,I don't think he should be dropped for it.He missed and it didn't cost us so no problem.

All players miss chances Didzy no different it's how they react to them, he'll come good just needs 1st goal and Robbo just needs to stop trying so hard and play natural game.

There's alot being made of the Mcgoldrick miss ,we need to put chances away etc,but hang on give the lad a break,it came at speed through a couple of players and he managed to get summat on it ,I don't think he should be dropped for it.He missed and it didn't cost us so no problem.
He shouldn’t be dropped for it but it didn’t come at speed or through players, it was the perfect ‘corridor of uncertainty ball for the defenders’ from Lunny and Didzy missed a sitter but as you say we move on.

Gonna stick my neck out here, I haven’t been impressed with either Robinson or McGoldrick so far. I’d start McBurnie and Sharp for the next one.

I was thinking the same.

I mean, they've been ok. But for that first half on Sunday I thought we were crying out for someone big in the air. I can see McB going well with Sharp too so yeah, I'd go with them two.

Gonna stick my neck out here, I haven’t been impressed with either Robinson or McGoldrick so far. I’d start McBurnie and Sharp for the next one.

Understand where you’re coming from but it’s tricky to judge because we’ve not attacked with numbers like we normally do.
The gap between midfield and attack has been much bigger than normal so clever hold play and mobility running into space becomes more important.

To be fair McGoldrick is the best striker at the club at hold up play and Robinson looks lively and very good making runs into space.

In games when we don’t have much possession then Sharp tends to be isolated, although like Keith Edwards he might hardly touch the ball, be out of the game, then bump....he’s scored. Can’t judge McBurnies game yet....apart from like the others he’s a worker with a good attitude.

I think if Ravel is fit, he should be on the bench for this. Leicester will be better than Bournemouth and Palace and present some real quality in terms of their attacking build up. I feel Morrison will be that extra bit of quality we'll need.

Deano
Baldock Basham Egan JOC Stevens
Robinson McBurnie

Sharp
Morrison
Fleck
McGoldrick
Jags

(Morrison to replace a CM if it's not happening for em)

Only 5 subs?

Understand where you’re coming from but it’s tricky to judge because we’ve not attacked with numbers like we normally do.
The gap between midfield and attack has been much bigger than normal so clever hold play and mobility running into space becomes more important.

To be fair McGoldrick is the best striker at the club at hold up play and Robinson looks lively and very good making runs into space.

In games when we don’t have much possession then Sharp tends to be isolated, although like Keith Edwards he might hardly touch the ball, be out of the game, then bump....he’s scored. Can’t judge McBurnies game yet....apart from like the others he’s a worker with a good attitude.
I normally would agree on the issue of Sharp, but I think McBurnie could be key to it working. I’m one of McGoldricks biggest fans just for me it hasn’t quite worked so far. Robinson loses the ball too easily. McBurnie when he has come on seems to get to everything, and retains the ball. I think sharp could work around him so even if the midfield is too deep he can lurk around McBurnie.

He shouldn’t be dropped for it but it didn’t come at speed or through players, it was the perfect ‘corridor of uncertainty ball for the defenders’ from Lunny and Didzy missed a sitter but as you say we move on.

But you have to admit Billy given the exact same chance would have buried it.

However given Mc Burnie is very likely to come in for Robinson, it makes no sense to drop McGoldrick who is more of a link forward than either of the other two.

But you have to admit Billy given the exact same chance would have buried it.

However given Mc Burnie is very likely to come in for Robinson, it makes no sense to drop McGoldrick who is more of a link forward than either of the other two.
Billy would’ve scored, that I have no doubt and I’ve never mentioned otherwise. Billy might start on Saturday as Wilder will need to keep the squad as fresh as possible, we looked fucked at the end of the game but not half as fucked as they did.

Henderson
Stevens
JOC
Egan
Basham
Baldock
Norwood
Freeman
Lundstrom
McG
Sharp

Hendo
Baldock Bash Egan JOC Stevens
Sharp McGoldrick (assuming Robbo needs a rest)

Could swap Bill or McG for McBurnie, but I don't know if Bill and McBurnie have an understanding yet, whereas McG and Bill obviously do, and McG has good link up so he's easier to predict.

Need Ravel on the bench.

Back
Top Bottom