Team for next season

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Tom, may I suggest you just give up. As a dedicated WUM he will not stop until he has the last word. Just skip on by.

Fucking hell. Another one.

Listen. The day might come when we have a fucking debate about Sheffield United, the games, it's players and football in general and not endure people like you, and him, and others who have agenda-based antagonisms, directed against contributors to this forum.

As said (and others have done this - thanks) if you don't fucking like it, don't respond, don't comment just or scroll past. I note you haven't issued much into this discussion about the future of the club and it's likely sales. Sez it all.

I also assume that being as you are name calling, Upton_Blade regards you as a 'keyboard warrior' too.

pommpey

Must admit, I'm a bit of a sucker for this type of thread. I think I posted similar thought recently. The only thing I'm not sure on is who goes. I mean, I'd rather keep Berge because if he's worth 20-30m now, what will he be worth in a year if he's had a great season? In fact I'd rather keep most of the saleable assets but let's assume it is a tough summer.

Out: Berge (£30m), Mousset (loan to Beerschot after failing to sell him 0m), Lowe (possible loan also to Beerschot for a season, regular games while I phase Stevens out), Egan (£20m because he's top earner), Baldock (£12m), Ramsdale (£20m and only if we get this offer or above), Freeman (£3.5m, only a year to run, a bit injury prone), N'Diaye/Brunt (loan to Beerschot or Châteauroux to get men's football. Still be down pecking order at Lane or the former remains to push Didzy, but maybe men's football helps him progress more to emerge as Didzy long term replacement)
Release: Rodwell, Lundstram, Moore, Foderingham, Jags (coaching team), Bryan, Slater, Eastwood
Sales £85.5m

Freddie Woodman - loan - open up proper competition with Verrips for no 1 spot.
Jake Cooper - £8m - beast of a centre back, replaces Egan. But left footed so gives added insurance for JOC.
Paddy McNair - 6.5m - can play CB, RCB, RWB or DCM and would allow me to move on Baldock and Egan whilst not worrying I had to turn to a youngster right away if JOC had a set back.
Mowatt - Free or Garner - loan - too good a deal to turn down. Ideal free signing for the former. Very promising loan spell with Forest so far. Might dictate where Fleck plays either AM or LCM
Jed Wallace - 8m - in final 12 months of his contract and would be my 'Duffy role' replacement.
Coulibaly, RND + Verrips - Agree on recall.
K.Gordon + Seriki
Net profit 63m

---Woodman/Verrips---
--Basham-Cooper-JOC-----
Bogle - Garner - Fleck - Stevens
Wallace
Sharp - McGoldrick

Rest: Verrips/Woodman, Seriki, Gordon, McNair, Robinson, RND, Coulibaly, Norwood, Osborn, Burke, Brewster, McBurnie

More goals in the midfield. Trusted old guard up front with obvious longer terms replacements pushing. I still think Stevens can offer a bit and maybe RND displaces him mid season. If JOC is back or a decent LCB option, then perhaps the JOC/Stevens/Fleck trio can repeat past glories at that level. Toss up between Garner and Mowett, if the latter then he pushes To LCM and Fleck competes as an AM as well as LCM. If the former, he'd have to be playing to get him loaned in. Coulibaly, like RND, to be eased in.

I changed my mind a few times. In reality, if he's still here, and at that level, I can still see both Norwood and Fleck getting plenty of games and I can see Osborn getting games at both LWB and midfield. In Norwood's case, having
a poor season in the PL doesn't mean he cannot still excel in the Championship. He was promotion King after all! Easy to be overcome with recency bias re Osborn on Saturday, but the Midfield in terms of quality does need a refresh though that doesn't men's throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

^
^
^

all speculation just depends who the new manager is he will decide who he rates and players who will be released but i doubt berge and egan will still be here

See above. I think we've found him ;)

Let’s not forget that all these players valuations will have much been tarnished by being part of one of the worst teams to play in the Premier League.

Any buyers will definitely use that to lower the price.

That’s what the Prince was worried about with Wilders comments post match game after game.

Must admit, I'm a bit of a sucker for this type of thread. I think I posted similar thought recently. The only thing I'm not sure on is who goes. I mean, I'd rather keep Berge because if he's worth 20-30m now, what will he be worth in a year if he's had a great season? In fact I'd rather keep most of the saleable assets but let's assume it is a tough summer.

Out: Berge (£30m), Mousset (loan to Beerschot after failing to sell him 0m), Lowe (possible loan also to Beerschot for a season, regular games while I phase Stevens out), Egan (£20m because he's top earner), Baldock (£12m), Ramsdale (£20m and only if we get this offer or above), Freeman (£3.5m, only a year to run, a bit injury prone), N'Diaye/Brunt (loan to Beerschot or Châteauroux to get men's football. Still be down pecking order at Lane or the former remains to push Didzy, but maybe men's football helps him progress more to emerge as Didzy long term replacement)
Release: Rodwell, Lundstram, Moore, Foderingham, Jags (coaching team), Bryan, Slater, Eastwood
Sales £85.5m

Freddie Woodman - loan - open up proper competition with Verrips for no 1 spot.
Jake Cooper - £8m - beast of a centre back, replaces Egan. But left footed so gives added insurance for JOC.
Paddy McNair - 6.5m - can play CB, RCB, RWB or DCM and would allow me to move on Baldock and Egan whilst not worrying I had to turn to a youngster right away if JOC had a set back.
Mowatt - Free or Garner - loan - too good a deal to turn down. Ideal free signing for the former. Very promising loan spell with Forest so far. Might dictate where Fleck plays either AM or LCM
Jed Wallace - 8m - in final 12 months of his contract and would be my 'Duffy role' replacement.
Coulibaly, RND + Verrips - Agree on recall.
K.Gordon + Seriki
Net profit 63m

---Woodman/Verrips---
--Basham-Cooper-JOC-----
Bogle - Garner - Fleck - Stevens
Wallace
Sharp - McGoldrick

Rest: Verrips/Woodman, Seriki, Gordon, McNair, Robinson, RND, Coulibaly, Norwood, Osborn, Burke, Brewster, McBurnie

More goals in the midfield. Trusted old guard up front with obvious longer terms replacements pushing. I still think Stevens can offer a bit and maybe RND displaces him mid season. If JOC is back or a decent LCB option, then perhaps the JOC/Stevens/Fleck trio can repeat past glories at that level. Toss up between Garner and Mowett, if the latter then he pushes To LCM and Fleck competes as an AM as well as LCM. If the former, he'd have to be playing to get him loaned in. Coulibaly, like RND, to be eased in.

I changed my mind a few times. In reality, if he's still here, and at that level, I can still see both Norwood and Fleck getting plenty of games and I can see Osborn getting games at both LWB and midfield. In Norwood's case, having
a poor season in the PL doesn't mean he cannot still excel in the Championship. He was promotion King after all! Easy to be overcome with recency bias re Osborn on Saturday, but the Midfield in terms of quality does need a refresh though that doesn't men's throwing the baby out with the bathwater.
Can I contact you when I need to sell my house because 32 million for Egan and baldock and 30m for berge is absolute fantasy football prices , let's just imagine the boot were on the other foot and we were the buying club and another club said to us oh u want the main centre half for a team that's kept 3 clean sheets in nigh on a full season , and a wingback with 0 goals and about 2 assists in 50 games and a midfielder thats been injured for 5 months , give us 60 million and uthey are yours I think we would be slightly annoyed as fans if we bought them

Can I contact you when I need to sell my house because 32 million for Egan and baldock and 30m for berge is absolute fantasy football prices , let's just imagine the boot were on the other foot and we were the buying club and another club said to us oh u want the main centre half for a team that's kept 3 clean sheets in nigh on a full season , and a wingback with 0 goals and about 2 assists in 50 games and a midfielder thats been injured for 5 months , give us 60 million and uthey are yours I think we would be slightly annoyed as fans if we bought them
Supply and demand though. If they want them I hope they'll pay a premium. I'd like to think United are out of the "beattie flu" era...

Fucking hell. Another one.

Listen. The day might come when we have a fucking debate about Sheffield United, the games, it's players and football in general and not endure people like you, and him, and others who have agenda-based antagonisms, directed against contributors to this forum.

As said (and others have done this - thanks) if you don't fucking like it, don't respond, don't comment just or scroll past. I note you haven't issued much into this discussion about the future of the club and it's likely sales. Sez it all.

I also assume that being as you are name calling, Upton_Blade regards you as a 'keyboard warrior' too.

pommpey
FYI
Growing up my best mate was a WUM and I thought it real fun the ease with which he could manipulate people. Later on it just became annoying that he always had to have the last word, take digs at people and be the centre of attention. Opinions are great, many and varied, and long may they be offered. Insults are just juvenile.

FYI
Growing up my best mate was a WUM and I thought it real fun the ease with which he could manipulate people. Later on it just became annoying that he always had to have the last word, take digs at people and be the centre of attention. Opinions are great, many and varied, and long may they be offered. Insults are just juvenile.

Tell that to Heffernan, eh?

pommpey

Current players only:-

Foderingham
Ahmedhodzic Egan Clark
Bogle Berge Norwood Doyle Lowe
Sharp Ndiaye

Subs:- Davies, Basham, RND, Osborn, Fleck, Brewster, Osalu
Agree mostly with that, although the only change I would make would be Brewster in, with Sharp coming on from the bench.

Current players only:-

Foderingham
Ahmedhodzic Egan Clark
Bogle Berge Norwood Doyle Lowe
Sharp Ndiaye

Subs:- Davies, Basham, RND, Osborn, Fleck, Brewster, Osalu
No Baldock???
No RWB on the bench even?, after the issues we had last season??

No Baldock???
No RWB on the bench even?, after the issues we had last season??

I’ve assumed everyone (except JOC) is fully fit.
Basham is cover for both RCB and RWB.
RND is cover for both LCB and LWB.
Allows for more attacking options on the bench.

Not sure why everyone seems to be writing Fleck off. On his day (yes, I know) he is the best midfielder we have.
Don’t disagree but therein lies the problem, he’s been far too inconsistent over the last couple of years and we need more mobility and athleticism in the centre of the park - with Fleck alongside Norwood we don’t have that and it was causing us real problems at stages last season. I am not writing the guy off, I have loved watching Fleck and with the number of games we have early in the season, he can make a big contribution, he’ll need to if we are going to be successful.

I’ve assumed everyone (except JOC) is fully fit.
Basham is cover for both RCB and RWB.
RND is cover for both LCB and LWB.
Allows for more attacking options on the bench.
But Bogle is also injured?
And the last time Bash played RWB, it didnt go too well. I'd suggest replacing eather Fleck or Osborn for Baldock or Bogle.
But, if your not a Baldock fan, prey for a sale.

Foderingham
Clark Egan Anel
Fleck
Bogle NDiaye Berge Lowe
Brewster

3 -1-4-1

Wes
Bash Egan Anel
Baldock Berge Doyle Lowe
Khadra🤞 Brewster Ndiaye

Realistically. Bogle is too valuable to stay fit and available

Still not convinced looking at that frontline that we can go without a proper CF

Would like to see Berge tried deeper. It could work, with a new CM partner and a right side outlet like Khadra ahead of him

And it's mad to write off Bash, despite Clark signing

Wes
Anel------Egan------Clark
Baldock-----------------------Lowe
Berge----Norwood----Khedra
Ndiaye
Brewster

subs: Davis, Sharpe, Bash, Doyle, Bogle, Jebbo, RND, Osborn, Robinson.

Could play:

Khedra------Berge-----Doyle

In the midfield??

Foderingham
Ahmedhodzic - Egan - Clark..........
Bogle...................................................Lowe

Berge........Doyle
Khadra*...................................Ndiaye

Brewster
Subs: Davies, RND, Robinson, Norwood, Osula, Sharp, McBurnie

Would like to sign:
  • Chong
  • an upgrade/competition for LWB.

*if signed obviously

Foderingham
Ahmedhodzic - Egan - Clark..........
Bogle...................................................Lowe

Berge........Doyle
Khadra*...................................Ndiaye

Brewster
Subs: Davies, RND, Robinson, Norwood, Osula, Sharp, McBurnie

Would like to sign:
  • Chong
  • an upgrade/competition for LWB.

*if signed obviously
So you're suggesting we start with Bogle who will still be injured and Doyle, who if is fit will have missed at least half of pre-season? 🤔

Sign competition for LWB? We have 3 LWBs with championship/premier league experience already at the club 🤷‍♂️

And you'd move Berge out of what we discovered was his best position back into a position where he struggled to have any impact at all...

Interesting ideas 🤔

Yeah we need to give the other teams a chance!
Try again.

Foderingham
Clark Egan Anel
Fleck
Bogle NDiaye Berge Lowe
Kadra
Brewster
Ndiaye and Berge as a midfield pairing? Okay 🤷‍♂️😂

Back
Top Bottom