Team for next season

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

bongleblade

Reaction score
Just for fun... If you were boss, what would your team look like next season?

Sell: Berge (£25m), Mousset (£4m), Stevens (£3m), Egan (£15m)
Release: Rodwell, Lundstram, Moore, Foderingham, Jags (coaching team)

£47m profit
  • Rob Atkinson - £3m - L1 TOTY so far, solid 22 yo CB - long-term replacement for Egan
  • Mowatt - Free - go all out as our main transfer target - give him good terms and some non-promotion clauses to seal the deal (pending on Barnsley's league status ofc)
  • Clarke-Salter - Loan - Backup LCB, cannot rely on JOC staying fit, JCS has plenty of Championship experience and probably the best LCB we could realistically get.
  • Coulibaly, RND + Verrips - Recall - excellent prospects to bring into the fold.
  • K.Gordon + Ndiaye - Promote to 1st team - two great prospects who seem to have done well

---Ramsdale---
--Basham-R.Atkinson-JOC-----
Bogle - Mowatt - Fleck - RND
Didzy
Brewster - McBurnie

Bench: Verrips, Clarke-Salter, Bryan, Baldock, Coulibaly, Sharp, Ndiaye
Rotation/Reserves: Norwood, Freeman, Burke, K.Gordon, J. Robinson, Dewhurst, Lowe
When you look at the players we could bring back off loan, promote from u23s and a few transfer additions, our team doesn't seem to look all that bad for next season with relatively low cost... bear in mind there'd be another 3-4m to play with for a CM/CAM/Striker transfer/loan

£47m profit
  • Rob Atkinson - £3m - L1 TOTY so far, solid 22 yo CB - long-term replacement for Egan
  • Mowatt - Free - go all out as our main transfer target - give him good terms and some non-promotion clauses to seal the deal (pending on Barnsley's league status ofc)
  • Clarke-Salter - Loan - Backup LCB, cannot rely on JOC staying fit, JCS has plenty of Championship experience and probably the best LCB we could realistically get.
  • Coulibaly, RND + Verrips - Recall - excellent prospects to bring into the fold.
  • K.Gordon + Ndiaye - Promote to 1st team - two great prospects who seem to have done well

---Ramsdale---
Didzy
Brewster - McBurnie

Rotation/Reserves: Norwood, Freeman, Burke, K.Gordon, J. Robinson, Dewhurst, Lowe
When you look at the players we could bring back off loan, promote from u23s and a few transfer additions, our team doesn't seem to look all that bad for next season with relatively low cost... bear in mind there'd be another 3-4m to play with for a CM/CAM/Striker transfer/loan
Great thread and I’m in agreement with most of it but I’m not sure about having Mr Bean in the middle of the back three, we need someone who communicates more in the middle.

£47m profit

---Ramsdale---
Didzy
Brewster - McBurnie

There or there's abouts my thought process. Nit-picking not sure we'll get any money for Stevens or Mousset, but you never know.

Only thing for me not sold on Didz as a No.10. He's a great link/deep forward and that's where he's ay his best, but not sure he's got the dynamism to fully play in midfield.

On targets not really clued up on then possibilities but do like Mowatt, I also like the idea of Powell at Stoke (who i think contact expires in the Summer)

Centre back to replace Egan and 2x CMs to replace Berge and Lundstram gives us a pretty strong first 11.

Must admit, I'm a bit of a sucker for this type of thread. I think I posted similar thought recently. The only thing I'm not sure on is who goes. I mean, I'd rather keep Berge because if he's worth 20-30m now, what will he be worth in a year if he's had a great season? In fact I'd rather keep most of the saleable assets but let's assume it is a tough summer.

Out: Berge (£30m), Mousset (loan to Beerschot after failing to sell him 0m), Lowe (possible loan also to Beerschot for a season, regular games while I phase Stevens out), Egan (£20m because he's top earner), Baldock (£12m), Ramsdale (£20m and only if we get this offer or above), Freeman (£3.5m, only a year to run, a bit injury prone), N'Diaye/Brunt (loan to Beerschot or Châteauroux to get men's football. Still be down pecking order at Lane or the former remains to push Didzy, but maybe men's football helps him progress more to emerge as Didzy long term replacement)
Release: Rodwell, Lundstram, Moore, Foderingham, Jags (coaching team), Bryan, Slater, Eastwood
Sales £85.5m

Freddie Woodman - loan - open up proper competition with Verrips for no 1 spot.
Jake Cooper - £8m - beast of a centre back, replaces Egan. But left footed so gives added insurance for JOC.
Paddy McNair - 6.5m - can play CB, RCB, RWB or DCM and would allow me to move on Baldock and Egan whilst not worrying I had to turn to a youngster right away if JOC had a set back.
Mowatt - Free or Garner - loan - too good a deal to turn down. Ideal free signing for the former. Very promising loan spell with Forest so far. Might dictate where Fleck plays either AM or LCM
Jed Wallace - 8m - in final 12 months of his contract and would be my 'Duffy role' replacement.
Coulibaly, RND + Verrips - Agree on recall.
K.Gordon + Seriki
Net profit 63m

---Woodman/Verrips---
--Basham-Cooper-JOC-----
Bogle - Garner - Fleck - Stevens
Wallace
Sharp - McGoldrick

Rest: Verrips/Woodman, Seriki, Gordon, McNair, Robinson, RND, Coulibaly, Norwood, Osborn, Burke, Brewster, McBurnie

More goals in the midfield. Trusted old guard up front with obvious longer terms replacements pushing. I still think Stevens can offer a bit and maybe RND displaces him mid season. If JOC is back or a decent LCB option, then perhaps the JOC/Stevens/Fleck trio can repeat past glories at that level. Toss up between Garner and Mowett, if the latter then he pushes To LCM and Fleck competes as an AM as well as LCM. If the former, he'd have to be playing to get him loaned in. Coulibaly, like RND, to be eased in.

I changed my mind a few times. In reality, if he's still here, and at that level, I can still see both Norwood and Fleck getting plenty of games and I can see Osborn getting games at both LWB and midfield. In Norwood's case, having
a poor season in the PL doesn't mean he cannot still excel in the Championship. He was promotion King after all! Easy to be overcome with recency bias re Osborn on Saturday, but the Midfield in terms of quality does need a refresh though that doesn't men's throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

Last edited:

£47m profit

---Ramsdale---
Didzy
Brewster - McBurnie

Verrips??, surely he will play second fiddle to Rammers??

all speculation just depends who the new manager is he will decide who he rates and players who will be released but i doubt berge and egan will still be here

Must admit, I'm a bit of a sucker for this type of thread. I think I posted similar thought recently. The only thing I'm not sure on is who goes. I mean, I'd rather keep Berge because if he's worth 20-30m now, what will he be worth in a year if he's had a great season? In fact I'd rather keep most of the saleable assets but let's assume it is a tough summer.

Out: Berge (£30m), Mousset (loan to Beerschot after failing to sell him 0m), Lowe (possible loan also to Beerschot for a season, regular games while I phase Stevens out), Egan (£20m because he's top earner), Baldock (£12m), Ramsdale (£20m and only if we get this offer or above), Freeman (£3.5m, only a year to run, a bit injury prone), N'Diaye/Brunt (loan to Beerschot or Châteauroux to get men's football. Still be down pecking order at Lane or the former remains to push Didzy, but maybe men's football helps him progress more to emerge as Didzy long term replacement)
Release: Rodwell, Lundstram, Moore, Foderingham, Jags (coaching team), Bryan, Slater, Eastwood
Sales £85.5m

Jake Cooper - £8m - beast of a centre back, replaces Egan. But left footed so gives added insurance for JOC.
Paddy McNair - 6.5m - can play CB, RCB, RWB or DCM and would allow me to move on Baldock and Egan whilst not worrying I had to turn to a youngster right away if JOC had a set back.
Mowatt - Free or Garner - loan - too good a deal to turn down. Ideal free signing for the former. Very promising loan spell with Forest so far. Might dictate where Fleck plays either AM or LCM
Jed Wallace - 8m - in final 12 months of his contract and would be my 'Duffy role' replacement.
K.Gordon + Seriki
Net profit 63m

---Woodman/Verrips---
--Basham-Cooper-JOC-----
Wallace
Sharp - McGoldrick

Rest: Verrips/Woodman, Seriki, Gordon, McNair, Robinson, RND, Coulibaly, Norwood, Osborn, Burke, Brewster, McBurnie

More goals in the midfield. Trusted old guard up front with obvious longer terms replacements pushing. I still think Stevens can offer a bit and maybe RND displaces him mid season. If JOC is back or a decent LCB option, then perhaps the JOC/Stevens/Fleck trio can repeat past glories at that level. Toss up between Garner and Mowett, if the latter then he pushes To LCM and Fleck competes as an AM as well as LCM. If the former, he'd have to be playing to get him loaned in. Coulibaly, like RND, to be eased in.

I changed my mind a few times. In reality, if he's still here, and at that level, I can still see both Norwood and Fleck getting plenty of games and I can see Osborn getting games at both LWB and midfield. In Norwood's case, having
a poor season in the PL doesn't mean he cannot still excel in the Championship. He was promotion King after all! Easy to be overcome with recency bias re Osborn on Saturday, but the Midfield in terms of quality does need a refresh though that doesn't men's throwing the baby out with the bathwater.
Minor point but that's the net spend, not the net profit, Profit will be based on what we make on the players over their value in the books. Profit would be a higher figure.

Sales £85.5m

K.Gordon + Seriki
Net profit 63m

---Woodman/Verrips---
--Basham-Cooper-JOC-----
Wallace
Sharp - McGoldrick

looks like you'd plump for a big overhaul then! wouldn't be against it as long as the manager/dof know what they're doing

Bit like a poster above I must admit I do love threads like this when we're coming to the end of the season but virtually none of the signings we suggest ever come to fruition and we have the added curveball this year in that we don't have a manager and what formation he will play but anyway here goes.

Outs

Berge - £30m: I just don't see any way he's here next season. He seems a really nice lad so don't think he will be demanding a transfer but will have had respectful discussions around his career, which in no way involves playing in a 2nd tier division. Gives us a decent fee to start the rebuild warchest.

Baldock - £10m: Don't really mind whether he stays or goes tbh but one of the few coming out of this season with some credit and could see interest in him from a mid-low Prem team or one of the promoted sides. Looks like Norwich will lose Aarons in the summer so could see Baldock going there.

Egan - £20/£25m: Again one of the few to have come out of this season with credit. Generally been solid and has had so many different partners in the back 3 that not surprised he's not been up to his usual high standard. Easiest of the "3" to replace. At the end of the day he's very much a "kick it, head it, block it" CB albeit a very good one.

I know he splits opinion but I wouldn't sell Ramsdale unless at a big profit, which is unlikely. Since the turn of the year he has easily been our best player and is really looking the part now IMO. Great age for a keeper and a solid season in The Champ should mean he continues his improvements.

Loaned

Moose, Brunt, N'Diaye

Released

Rodwell, Bryan, Lundstram, Moore, Slater, Eastwood

Total Incomings: £60/£65m

Ins

Freeman - Free: Back from loan spell.
Coulibaly - Free: Back from loan spell, WP permitting.
Mowatt - Free: Out of contract, good solid player with room to progress still.
Powell - Free: Out of contract, always rated him and could play various positions across the MF/No 10.
Wallace - £8m: Turned into a very solid performer and, again, can play all across the MF/out wide.
Cooper - £12m: Egan's replacement with the added benefit of being able to play LCB if JOC isn't back.
Ampadu - £10m: Basham's long term replacement at RCB. Been hugely let down by being played in so many different positions. No coincidence his best spell was when he had an extended run at LCB. Only issue was when he got forward on the overlap he inevitably ended up switching onto his right foot slowing the attack down.

If JOC is going to be out then I'd shift Cooper to LCB and probably go for Helik at the dingles for Egan's replacement if they don't go up.

Would leave us with this squad:

GK: Ramsdale, Verrips, Foderingham
DF: Bogle, Basham, JOC, Robinson, Lowe, RND, Cooper, Ampadu, Stevens
MF: Norwood, Fleck, Osborn, Freeman, Coulibaly, Powell, Wallace, Mowett
ST: Brewster, McBurnie, Sharp, McGoldrick, Burke

That would give us these options:

.................................Rammers....................................................
.........Bash/Ampadu..............Cooper............ JOC.................
Bogle......Mowett.......Fleck/Coulibaly..........RND/Stevens
...........................Powell/Wallace..............................................
...............Brewster..................McBurnie..................................

..........................................Rammers.............................................
.........Bash/Ampadu............Cooper...............JOC......................
Bogle..........Mowett.........Coulibaly/Fleck........RND/Stevens
............Wallace......Brewster/McBurnie...........Powell..............

.......................................Rammers.................................................
Bogle..........Ampadu........Cooper/JOC..........RND/Stevens
.......................Mowett..............Coulibaly....................................
...........Wallace...........Powell................Burke/Osborn.............
...........................Brewster/McBurnie..........................................

...................................Rammers......................................................
Bogle.........Ampadu.........Cooper/JOC............RND/Stevens
................Coulibaly......Mowett................Fleck................................
.......Wallace......Brewster/McBurnie...........Powell...................

Almost none of that will probably happen as whoever the manager is I think we'll look more toward the foreign market but as I no next to nothing about who we could get in that market I've stuck with the above.

looks like you'd plump for a big overhaul then! wouldn't be against it as long as the manager/dof know what they're doing
I think it just depends how deep in the shit we might be financially. Nice as it was to see a profit being returned, that will get immediately swallowed just on covid losses. So then you have loss from the following year and some working fund as well.

If you think of the team it's not too radical. Of the back 6, 4 still remain, the strikers remain
Have I just seen someone say we will spend £63m once we are relegated from the PL!
No you've just seen me say we will take in a net 63m when we've sold the assets.

Minor point but that's the net spend, not the net profit, Profit will be based on what we make on the players over their value in the books. Profit would be a higher figure.
Quite right. Net sales.
Is it though? I've kept 4 of the back 6, both forwards and 1 midfielder from 3 in the starting XI and most think the midfield wants shaking up. So, still 7 from a possible 11 right now.

There are 17 leaving which seems a lot though 4 a number are nowhere near the first XI. Ten coming into that squad, half are internally sourced so should have limited trouble adapting, 3 loanees returning and 2 yours being promoted.

I'd prefer we sign 5 players who can make an impact. It annoys me when clubs or should I say ours sign about 8 to 10 players because you end up with players you don't need like Foderingham and Lowe.

Shitty death.

Some of these valuations are fucking ridiculous.

Firstly, these players will be coming from a Championship side freshly and ignominiously relegated from the Premier League having been fucking bounced most weeks. They have proved nothing but been part of that beatable team, and let's face it, no-one has been at outstanding levels this season. And furthermore, for our players to be transferred, there has to be a 'hole' they can be put into. How do you put any one of our players into a 'hole' which looks like improvement? Put it this way. Would you bid for any of our players?

Berge. Over £20m? How the fuck does that work? He's been injured since December, with what we are still led to believe is a hamstring which normally would take six to eight weeks at the most to be back running on at ten tops to be coming back as sub. He's nowhere near being back and has had extensive treatment, has he not? And, in his short spell at Bramall Lane, he's not exactly blown anyone away has he? So here's a spoon of reality. If we get £15m for him we'll have done well. Given our form, we'll be accepting £10m in instalments and add ons which will possibly never materialise as he'll be warming the bench or ship another injury at the next club which will keep his appearances down.

Egan. People quoting way above his real value. He's £8m at most, given he has also had time out and has been one of several defenders simply waltzed past with aplomb this season on the way to defeat. Although he is a strength in our back five, there still needs to be a 'requirement' for him to go. I can't see anywhere he'd fit in effectively and furthermore if an offer came in, can you see us resisting both his agent's ambitions and our own propensity to cave in early preventing us getting anything but beans for him?

Mousset. Fucking hell, people. I know he scored a whopping six goals last season, but try to see the difference between 'actual footballing value' and 'because he plays for United', eh? He has done NOWT this season but drift on late and fanny about never looking like scoring. That is, when he's not injured or facing the courts for his misdemeanours. Do you think other teams will look at him and think he'll suddenly come good? Do you think other teams will smile and think 'what the fuck were Sheffield United doing signing this shit benchwarmer from Eddie Howe's lot after they'd lost patience with him'? Ten million? If we release him mutually we'll have gained because we won't have to pay his fucking wages any more. He's shit. And everyone knows it.

Stevens. Three million? What? He's another who has peaked and gone south and next season will still struggle against teams who know how to go round and through him. He's past his best.

Ramsdale. People saying twenty million. Eh? For a good twenty matches this season he has been a fucking liability. It's strange how all the fuck ups of the past are quickly forgotten simply because he is now 'doing his job' and stopping shots. So we buy him for eighteen off a relegated team and he's relegated again (with some watching-through-fingers howlers) and we expect to profit from this? Again, as a Championship outfit? Get real, eh?

Others. Some have said we'd be able to sell Norwood and Fleck for tidy sums, despite them being part of the most abject midfield in the Premier League for a long time. George Baldock is mentioned at £10-12m. How? What has he done this season to warrant that price tag?

Finally, the two strikers, McBurnie and Brewster. These cost us well over thirty million, This season they have given us one goal between us for forty two appearances between them. If you believe they are worth any more than one tenth of that value then you are seriously deluded. An opposition manager won't look at their case in hand with regard value when as a job, they have to put the ball in the back of the net, and can't. They won't be next season's top scorers given they can't hit a cow's arse this season.

Please. Be realistic. Look at their real worth. Then you won't e quite so outraged when they get flogged for fuck all.

pommpey

Shitty death.

Firstly, these players will be coming from a Championship side freshly and ignominiously relegated from the Premier League having been fucking bounced most weeks. They have proved nothing but been part of that beatable team, and let's face it, no-one has been at outstanding levels this season. And furthermore, for our players to be transferred, there has to be a 'hole' they can be put into. How do you put any one of our players into a 'hole' which looks like improvement? Put it this way. Would you bid for any of our players?

Berge. Over £20m? How the fuck does that work? He's been injured since December, with what we are still led to believe is a hamstring which normally would take six to eight weeks at the most to be back running on at ten tops to be coming back as sub. He's nowhere near being back and has had extensive treatment, has he not? And, in his short spell at Bramall Lane, he's not exactly blown anyone away has he? So here's a spoon of reality. If we get £15m for him we'll have done well. Given our form, we'll be accepting £10m in instalments and add ons which will possibly never materialise as he'll be warming the bench or ship another injury at the next club which will keep his appearances down.

Egan. People quoting way above his real value. He's £8m at most, given he has also had time out and has been one of several defenders simply waltzed past with aplomb this season on the way to defeat. Although he is a strength in our back five, there still needs to be a 'requirement' for him to go. I can't see anywhere he'd fit in effectively and furthermore if an offer came in, can you see us resisting both his agent's ambitions and our own propensity to cave in early preventing us getting anything but beans for him?

Mousset. Fucking hell, people. I know he scored a whopping six goals last season, but try to see the difference between 'actual footballing value' and 'because he plays for United', eh? He has done NOWT this season but drift on late and fanny about never looking like scoring. That is, when he's not injured or facing the courts for his misdemeanours. Do you think other teams will look at him and think he'll suddenly come good? Do you think other teams will smile and think 'what the fuck were Sheffield United doing signing this shit benchwarmer from Eddie Howe's lot after they'd lost patience with him'? Ten million? If we release him mutually we'll have gained because we won't have to pay his fucking wages any more. He's shit. And everyone knows it.

Stevens. Three million? What? He's another who has peaked and gone south and next season will still struggle against teams who know how to go round and through him. He's past his best.

Ramsdale. People saying twenty million. Eh? For a good twenty matches this season he has been a fucking liability. It's strange how all the fuck ups of the past are quickly forgotten simply because he is now 'doing his job' and stopping shots. So we buy him for eighteen off a relegated team and he's relegated again (with some watching-through-fingers howlers) and we expect to profit from this? Again, as a Championship outfit? Get real, eh?

Others. Some have said we'd be able to sell Norwood and Fleck for tidy sums, despite them being part of the most abject midfield in the Premier League for a long time. George Baldock is mentioned at £10-12m. How? What has he done this season to warrant that price tag?

Finally, the two strikers, McBurnie and Brewster. These cost us well over thirty million, This season they have given us one goal between us for forty two appearances between them. If you believe they are worth any more than one tenth of that value then you are seriously deluded. An opposition manager won't look at their case in hand with regard value when as a job, they have to put the ball in the back of the net, and can't. They won't be next season's top scorers given they can't hit a cow's arse this season.

Please. Be realistic. Look at their real worth. Then you won't e quite so outraged when they get flogged for fuck all.

pommpey

You’ve got the rod out with that one Pommpey! 😉

Shitty death.

pommpey
Unfortunately, this is spot on, if we're lucky we'll loan a few of the failures out to other championship/big league one clubs, but in the current financial climate that's highly unlikely. Berge will go, but not for more than £15m as you say, and Egan might attract interest, as competent cover for poorer clubs in the PL playing a back five, but I'd be surprised.

Ramsdale/Verrips

Bogle/Baldock
RND/Stevens
Egan/New
O'Connell/New
Basham/Gordon

New/Brunt
New/Norwood
Fleck/Osborn

Brewster/Sharp
McGoldrick/McBurnie
Burke/N'Diaye

(Release)
Moore
Eastwood
Jagielka
Bryan
Rodwell
Lundstram
Slater
Smith

('Try' and sell for funds)
Wes
Robinson
Lowe
Freeman
Berge
Mousset

Berge is under contract until June 2024. If anyone wants him, they'll have to pay a significant amount if we aren't completely and utterly dying for any cash at all. A lot of negativity about his future around these threads. People seem to think we're going to have to sell him for peanuts. We'll either get a good fat wedge for him or he might even fancy a Championship tour. End of the day he's only young talent not a bona-fide Euro superstar. Plenty of time for him to get to the very top level.

Shitty death.

pommpey

Positive as ever eh Pomps!

Shall we revisit the 1st line of the thread?

"Just for fun" although I'm really not surprised you didn't understand that bit.

Amazing how different you are when you're on screen to how you are on here.

I'm sure there's description for someone like that. Hang on it'll come to me in a minute.

Oh yeah .......... Keyboard Warrior!

Also just one final point from me re this comment on Egan and our defence.

gan. People quoting way above his real value. He's £8m at most, given he has also had time out and has been one of several defenders simply waltzed past with aplomb this season on the way to defeat. Although he is a strength in our back five, there still needs to be a 'requirement' for him to go. I can't see anywhere he'd fit in effectively and furthermore if an offer came in, can you see us resisting both his agent's ambitions and our own propensity to cave in early preventing us getting anything but beans for him?

Norwich last summer sold half of a defence that was even more woeful than we've been for circa £45m and are coming up again with Grant Hanley as their 1st choice CB so to say Egan is worth is £8m is laughable in the extreme.

The only reason Norwich finished with more points that season than we'll get this season is because week in week out they actually remembered where their balls were and went for teams. Something we have sorely lacked this year.

Good day Sir!

Positive as ever eh Pomps!

Shall we revisit the 1st line of the thread?

I tend to classify it as 'realistic'. But let's revisit, eh?

"Just for fun" although I'm really not surprised you didn't understand that bit.

Okay, by bad. Let's do this - Berge = £250m. Ramsdale = £300m. Lundstram = £1bn

That do you?

Oh, my bad. It's 'for laughs', huh? Okay. Berge = £250m. Egan = £300m. Lundstram = £1bn. That do you?

Amazing how different you are when you're on screen to how you are on here.

I'm sure there's description for someone like that. Hang on it'll come to me in a minute.

Oh yeah .......... Keyboard Warrior!

Thanks for (as ever) turning a discussion about Sheffield United and the team into a discussion about 'me'. What the fuck is it about you lot, eh?

For your information, 'on screen' I am metered by the requirements of the provider. I doubt the Sheff Utd Way people would appreciate me punctuating every sentence with expletives or aligning Mousset's woeful performance to the slow dropping of an oversized, peanutty turd from the shuddering arse of an grunting elderly man into a large bowl of flour.

However accurate it is.

As for 'keyboard warrior', have you just actually ranged a veiled insult at me from ... wait for it ... behind the protective screen of the internet?

Also just one final point from me re this comment on Egan and our defence.

Oh, I can't wait ...

Norwich last summer sold half of a defence that was even more woeful than we've been for circa £45m and are coming up again with Grant Hanley as their 1st choice CB so to say Egan is worth is £8m is laughable in the extreme.

Norwich City 2019-20 = 38 games -49 goals

Sheffield United 2020-21 = 33 games -38 goals

You're eleven goals in five games away from eating your words there.

The only reason Norwich finished with more points that season than we'll get this season is because week in week out they actually remembered where their balls were and went for teams. Something we have sorely lacked this year.

At last. Something we agree on. So you still reckon our superstars are worth massive fees, huh?

pommpey (the keyboard warrior)

Shitty death.

pommpey
Some sense at last, think some on here are in for a shock, the players are basically Championship players and some L1, don't think any Prem teams are going to pay top whack for any of em.

Okay, by bad. Let's do this - Berge = £250m. Ramsdale = £300m. Lundstram = £1bn

That do you?

That's the sprit. See it doesn't hurt to be positive every once in a while does it? I do feel you may be under valuing Lundstram a touch as we just "don't see his stats and all the work he puts in".

Thanks for (as ever) turning a discussion about Sheffield United and the team into a discussion about 'me'. What the fuck is it about you lot, eh?

If you reply to peoples posts calling them things like delusional, fucking ridiculous etc then I'm really not sure you can expect?

For your information, 'on screen' I am metered by the requirements of the provider. I doubt the Sheff Utd Way people would appreciate me punctuating every sentence with expletives or aligning Mousset's woeful performance to the slow dropping of an oversized, peanutty turd from the shuddering arse of an grunting elderly man into a large bowl of flour.

So you're admitting you're false on those appearances. Right oh!

Norwich City 2019-20 = 38 games -49 goals

Sheffield United 2020-21 = 33 games -38 goals

You're eleven goals in five games away from eating your words there.

So anything less than 11 and your whole argument is blown apart? Good stuff.

At last. Something we agree on. So you still reckon our superstars are worth massive fees, huh?

The point is they're not massive fees any more. We're not still stuck in the 90's or 00's. Egan and Baldock are the equivalent of Godfrey and Aarons and were part of the, previously quoted, horrific defence Norwich had last season. Godfrey went for £25m and rumours the bidding for Aarons this summer will start at £30m. Yes they're a few years younger than our 2 but you can't seriously tell me they were worth a combined £55m whereas our 2 are worth, what, £15m?

You constantly criticise posters who come on your "My Take" threads and disagree with you as they are your views. Well guess what you do exactly the same to other posters threads!

So to summarise or entire squad is worth about £30m half of which is Berge 😬

That's the sprit. See it doesn't hurt to be positive every once in a while does it? I do feel you may be under valuing Lundstram a touch as we just "don't see his stats and all the work he puts in"

See? Even you can be funny too. You're learning. That's good.

If you reply to peoples posts calling them things like delusional, fucking ridiculous etc then I'm really not sure you can expect?

Because it's arranged against a point of view, rather than a personality of something away from the footballing side of life. You are having a snip at me regarding stuff I do in other areas under different conditions. In any case, what the fuck has it to do with you anyway?

So you're admitting you're false on those appearances. Right oh!

No. Do pay attention. I moderate what I say based upon the site proprietors and the audience. On Sheff Utd Way, kids may be watching and the site's conditions require people not to swear. On here, it's a bit less restricted. I'm sure you're happy I am explaining this to you. Any further details can be provided if needed.

So anything less than 11 and your whole argument is blown apart? Good stuff.

Quite the opposite. The rate we are losing matches and shipping goals that target may be reached, or god forbid, exceeded. Then what is your point? Even if we are just two goals in difference, your argument is pretty poor.

The point is they're not massive fees any more. We're not still stuck in the 90's or 00's. Egan and Baldock are the equivalent of Godfrey and Aarons and were part of the, previously quoted, horrific defence Norwich had last season. Godfrey went for £25m and rumours the bidding for Aarons this summer will start at £30m. Yes they're a few years younger than our 2 but you can't seriously tell me they were worth a combined £55m whereas our 2 are worth, what, £15m?

Based on where they have come from and the rather dismal defensive record, given Egan has also missed quite a few games through injury and Baldock this season is definitely not Baldock of last season I'd say their valuation may be a bit less than expected. Aarons also this season has started forty odd games and bagged two goals from a defensive position in a team which has simply ran away with the league. Pretty much nailed on his value is elevated.

We'll see what bids come in for Egan and Baldock, if they come in at all. As a club currently in a massive crisis on and off the pitch, we are very much not guaranteed the return to the top flight or a satisfactory outcome this time next year, even with our beloved ground full of red and whites.

pommpey

Back
Top Bottom