Team for Milwall

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I can't see Khadra starting yet, as Hecky is still insistent that he's not at the same fitness levels as the rest of the team, who seem to be behind the rest of the division despite a full pre-season. With Doyle not ready yet it's likely to be

Foderingham
Norrington-Davies
Clark
Egan
Ahmedhocvic
Baldock
Berge
Norwood
McAtee*
Ndiaye
Brewster

* unless he's also deemed not up to the fitness of the rest of the team. If not then I'd love Hecky to take a gamble on Arblaster, but it'll be John ****ing Fleck again. So 10 man Blades against 11 man Milwall for another match, with zero quality chances created for the front two, no support for them, and dogshit set pieces all match.

-———— Wes ————-
— Anel — Egan — Clark —
———— Norwood ————
Khadra - Berge - Doyle - Mcatee
———Ndiaye — Billeh ———

3-1-4-2 Go big or go home for this one

Edit: just seen Robbo is injured

-———— Wes ————-
— Anel — Egan — Clark —
———— Norwood ————
Khadra - Berge - Doyle - Mcatee
———Ndiaye — Billeh ———

3-1-4-2 Go big or go home for this one

Edit: just seen Robbo is injured
JLT and Doyle aren’t fit?

With Stevens likely out and Basham, Ahmedhodžić and McAtee now available, the easiest additional two to drop are Gordon and Lowe. You sense at some point Osborn ought to be missing out but given Lowe had such a mare he's an easy target. This will be the squad in my view:

Wes
Ahmedhodžić Egan Clark
Baldock Norwood Fleck Norrington-Davies
Berge N'Diaye
Brewster

Subs: Amissah, Basham, Osborn, McAtee, Khadra, Sharp, Jebbison

You'd expect when Doyle comes back that Fleck and Osborn will come under pressure. I'd imagine Coulibaly will play his first match in Blades colours at West Brom in the League Cup. If he has a blinder then I'm not sure Hecky will know where to turn!

But I reckon factoring in Hecky's loyalty and also the desire to accommodate new players is what we will see unless there are unknown injuries.

Later if pressure comes to bare to pick McAtee then you can imagine N'Diaye moving further forwards.

Also will depend on Billy. If he starts scoring then benching him will be difficult.

I suppose we all have to remember it is a long season and injuries are inevitable. We seem well set though for Millwall at home though.

Last edited:
With Stevens likely out and Basham, Ahmedhodžić and McAtee now available, the easiest additional two to drop are Gordon and Lowe. You sense at some point Osborn ought to be missing out but given Lowe had such a mare he's an easy target. This will be the squad in my view:

Wes
Ahmedhodžić Egan Clark
Berge N'Diaye
Brewster

You'd expect when Doyle comes back that Fleck and Osborn will come under pressure. I'd imagine Coulibaly will play his first match in Blades colours at West Brom in the League Cup. If he has a blinder then I'm not sure Hecky will know where to turn!

But I reckon factoring in Hecky's loyalty and also the desire to accommodate new players is what we will see unless there are unknown injuries.

Later if pressure comes to bare to pick McAtee then you can imagine N'Diaye moving further forwards.

Also will depend on Billy. If he starts scoring then benching him will be difficult.

I suppose we all have to remember it is a long season and injuries are inevitable. We seem well set though for Millwall at home though.
Accept all of that except for Berge playing CAM, Hecky pretty much hinted that Berge will probably drop back into deeper midfield to accomodate the other attacking options.

He'll just go with the safe options for the first home game, safely shite that is. In addition to it being Millwall who it's always a scrap against who have Jake Cooper who we're not allowed to beat it might be best to give this one a miss and make Sunderland your first home game instead.....

Wes
Anel Egan Clark
Baldock Norwood Berge RND
Ndiaye Khadra
Sharp

Back 5 picks itself.
As much as I’m not a massive fan of Berge at CM, I’m even more negative about Norwood and fleck together. Plus with Berge next to Norwood it allows us to get another attacker on the pitch.
I’d like to start Brewster but feel Millwall are just going to come and stick 10 6ft5 men behind the ball so this one may suit sharp better

Anel still suspended apparently.

So its a "time" ban not a "game" ban..............................that is fuckin stupid.

Me i think it is reported wrong,the "game" ban is active until August 8th,after which the slate is wiped clean.

Who came up with this rule Truss the Tit.

This would be very shit if it's true.

Robinson got injured after a clash with Berge. Not sure what the fitness or conditioning team can do about a contact injury.
Berge needs to tackle opposition a bit more often then!

So its a "time" ban not a "game" ban..............................that is fuckin stupid.

Me i think it is reported wrong,the "game" ban is active until August 8th,after which the slate is wiped clean.

It's an anti Blades conspiracy.... injuries, bans ffs

This would be very shit if it's true.

I did wonder about this. I saw on Soccerway on Monday night that the suspension expires on the 7th and that's what it still shows.

Screenshot_2022-08-05-09-54-39-86_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

EDIT - FlashScore is reporting him to be available, or at least it's not saying he's not available:

Screenshot_2022-08-05-10-03-12-45_3e1730e409eaf7d1d25ede7155cc8a16.jpg

We'll find out for sure soon enough.

Last edited:
I did wonder about this. I saw on Soccerway on Monday night that the suspension expires on the 7th and that's what it still shows.

View attachment 141122

EDIT - FlashScore is reporting him to be available, or at least it's not saying he's not available:

View attachment 141123

We'll find out for sure soon enough.

It looks like Neymar was suspended for 1 match last season for the same "3 yellows in 10 games" thing: https://psgtalk.com/2022/04/report-...-in-psgs-ligue-1-away-fixture-against-angers/

So unless there's something else we don't know about... that would suggest Ahmedhodzic has now served his suspension.

I just hope United have a clearer idea about this than we do, otherwise...

1659693188325.png

Wes
Ahmedhodžić Egan Clark
Berge N'Diaye
Brewster

Fleck can’t start after that shit show on Monday surely? Khadra/McAtee have to start.
Don’t think Egan will make it.

Foderingham
Baldock
Anel (if available)
Egan (if fit)
Clark
RND
Norwood
Berge
McAtee
Ndiaye
Khadra

Subs: Amissah, Basham, Osborn, Fleck, Sharp, Brewster, Jebbison

Wes
Baldock-Bash-Egan-Anel-Lowe
Norwood-Berge
Ndiaye-McAtee
Brewster

Amissah
Clark
RND
Osborn
Khadra
Jebbo
Sharp

Seeing lots of teams with Doyle, McAtee, Khadra starting. None of this will start, lets be realistic with the information we know.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - Wes- - - - - - - - - - - -

- - - - - - - Basham - - Egan - - Anel - - - - -

Baldock - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - RND

- - - - - - - Norwood - - - Fleck - - - - - - -

- - - - Berge - - - - - - - - - - - - Ndiaye

- - - - - - - - - - Brewster - - - - - - - - -

Back
Top Bottom