Team vs Huddersfield?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Ndiayewillalwaysloveyou

Loyal blade ⚔️
Reaction score
Wes

Anel Egan Clark

Baldock Norwood Doyle Lowe

Berge McAtee

N’Diaye

Subs;
Davies
Bogle
Basham
Osborn
Khadra
Sharp
McBurnie (first training session today)

Think he'll start Sharp but he's not as effective as a starter anymore. I prefer N'diaye in the number 10 role behind the striker but were really light up top. 🤷

First time in ages we're able to leave first team players out of the squad. (Robinson and Stevens)

Wes

Anel Egan Clark

Berge McAtee

N’Diaye

Subs;
Davies
Bogle
Basham
Osborn
Khadra
Sharp

Think he'll start Sharp but he's not as effective as a starter anymore. I prefer N'diaye in the number 10 role behind the striker but were really light up top. 🤷
If Lowe Doyle and Berge really are fit, that’s a very decent lineup indeed.

----------------------------------Wes
------------------Anel-----------Egan-------Clark
--------Baldock------------------------------------Lowe
----------------McAtee-----Norwood-----Osborn
--------------------------Sharp---------Khadra

Subs:

Stevens
Ndiaye
Bogle
Basham
Brooks
Davies
Hackford

I get the impression from the presser that Lowe and Bogle are ready, Doyle and Berge are not quite there yet.

I'm sticking £5 on Berge and Anel to both score, if they're in the 11. Anel because he said he would score on Sheff Utd Way, and Berge, because the promotion beast will be risen. And mainly because I like to stick £5 on something a bit random and unlikely

Reactions: Dkc
.................... Foderingham
.........Anel...........Egan........Clark
..Bogle..................................Lowe
..........Norwood.............Doyle
.......Berge.......................McAtee
..........................Sharp..

Subs: Davies, Basham, Robinson, Stevens, Osborn, Khadra, Ndiaye.

.................... Foderingham
.........Anel...........Egan........Clark
..Bogle..................................Lowe
..........Norwood.............Doyle
.......Berge.......................McAtee
..........................Sharp..

Subs: Davies, Basham, Robinson, Stevens, Osborn, Khadra, Ndiaye.
Baldock?

I'm sticking £5 on Berge and Anel to both score, if they're in the 11. Anel because he said he would score on Sheff Utd Way, and Berge, because the promotion beast will be risen. And mainly because I like to stick £5 on something a bit random and unlikely
Have a fiver on us to win 3-2, then France to beat England 3-2. I'll be gutted to see this re-posted if it comes true telling me I'd have won a fortune, as I can't be arsed putting it on despite (ironically) having this premonition on the bog earlier.

----------------------------------Wes
------------------Anel-----------Egan-------Clark
--------Baldock------------------------------------Lowe
----------------McAtee-----Norwood-----Osborn
--------------------------Sharp---------Khadra

Subs:

Stevens
Ndiaye
Bogle
Basham
Brooks
Davies
Hackford

I get the impression from the presser that Lowe and Bogle are ready, Doyle and Berge are not quite there yet.
McBurnie, Doyle and Berge will be in the 18 even If it's on the bench. The latter 2 have been training the past three weeks

On the face of it, you arguably couldn't hope for a better game than the team in last, at home, to resume the season.

Based on their last season, they are arguably in a false position, but 21 matches is a fair sample size to suggest they are simply not reaching the levels of last season and that probably won't change.

They were not a team of stars by any means but losing Toffolo and O'Brien can't have helped their cause. They bought some players in, like Helik, who was well thought of at Barnsley and the young Chelsea lad, Anjorin, but they are struggling for goals this time around. Whilst we have two players on 9 goals, one on 4 and one on 3, their top scorers are Rhodes and Ward on 3.

It will not be an easy game but you'd hope with the fans making a long anticipated return after the World Cup that this will help us kick on to the win.

Not suggesting we take this lightly but I would be reluctant to risk anyone given there is then an additional 9 day break to really make the most of the rest.

Anel didn't have anything muscular so he should be ok, same for Egan and Clark. Baldock apparently is fine. Think I'd be just as inclined to stick with Enda, assuming he's still fit and then give the likes of Bogle and Lowe 20 minutes towards the end. We have to play the long game. No need to risk Robinson.

With Fleck once more missing and Doyle having picked up only a small injury I'd hope to see him alongside Norwood.

Berge I'd put in the same category as Lowe and Bogle. We can't risk a relapse. Last 20-30 for me. Let McAtee continue in the position, cutting in from the right, where it finally seemed to click vs Cardiff.

Then up top it would seem unnecessary to risk McBurnie. Likewise the must have had a little concern to see N'Diaye with an ice pack on his leg at the weekend. So I'd happily see him introduced to rapturous applause in the last 20-30 minutes. Another week of training for Oli Mac and perhaps a reserve game midweek with some involvement vs Wigan more sensible.

So perhaps this is a game where Sharp can notch his first of the season and Khadra gets given some freedom. If he's not going to do it against bottom of the league at home then I don't know what chance he's hoping for Some strong subs but I think we play the long game here and hope the crowd sees us through a bit too:

Foderingham
Ahmedhodžić Egan Clark
Baldock Norwood Doyle Stevens
McAtee Sharp Khadra

Subs: Davies, Bogle, Lowe, Basham, Osborn, Berge, N'Diaye

I'd be happy with Norwood, Doyle and Berge if it happens, I just think Sander is one that he won't just throw back in given his injury issues.

Stevens or little runaround Ben will start at LWB.

Ndiaye (it's all one word, doesn't need the ') will start, he'll be bang up for it, probably with Sharp.

Bogle and Lowe on the bench is a massive plus and will put pressure on the LWB and RWB slots.

Like the OP said Berge returning offers an opportunity to put N’Diaye up top & stretch the game. You can almost play without a recognised striker which we did towards the back end of last season & it worked pretty well.

I really wouldn’t consider starting Sharp, but he will.

Looks like we may be up against Kevin McDonald, apparently he has been training with them recently and played in a friendly v Burnley last weekend.

Looks like we may be up against Kevin McDonald, apparently he has been training with them recently and played in a friendly v Burnley last weekend.
Surely he'll be about 40 years old now won't he?!
Good player in his day, but he'd be a bit like a less-mobile Norwood these days I imagine.

Wes

Anel Egan Clark

Berge McAtee

N’Diaye

Subs;
Davies
Bogle
Basham
Osborn
Khadra
Sharp

First time in ages we're able to leave first team players out of the squad. (Robinson and Stevens)
Decent starting X1 but apart from Doyle I would err on the side of caution, and put Ndiaye, Lowe, Bogle and Berge on the bench.

Not expecting great things form Huddersfield. No use rushing players back from injury, remember what has happened in the past. Good opportunity to see if Khadra is good enough or not.

If it all goes tits up, there is plenty of firepower on the bench to recover the game. IMHO.

Back
Top Bottom