TC's goal in his Blades debut

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I was at that match - it doesnt look like TC !

Yes, it is him. He had short hair until the 1970s
Yes it has to be him ! Not a regular header of the ball that was a rare one. What a debut that was ,remember even now he had the ball on the touchline on the terrace side a couple of spurs closed in on him ,they couldn't tye him down it was clear even then he was a special talent just 18 he was at the time.
We managed to get relegated as well losing a lot of home games on the bounce.
This after beating Liverpool at anfield on good Friday 2-1. We just collapsed after Fulham came from 2 down to beat us 3-2! Fulham were already down really by then we just couldn't buy a win at home.

yes that was the game that cost us our first division place finlay along with wraggy flogging mick jones to leeds the previous september we were coasting against fulham at 2 up but completly went to pieces after their first goal was at that 3 - 2 game with spurs fantastic match

Agree it doesn't look like Currie - and I don't recall his headed goal being headed down like that that night. Recall him rising above his defender to head home. But it was 55 years ago. That's definitely the reliable John Flynn in the background.

Agree it doesn't look like Currie - and I don't recall his headed goal being headed down like that that night. Recall him rising above his defender to head home. But it was 55 years ago. That's definitely the reliable John Flynn in the background.
Woodward in the background
Flynn didn't join us until summer 1969

Lesson one lads never question Silent about any Blades history.
I thought it looked like Bernard Shaw but he couldn’t jump that high :)

Reactions: SWB
Lesson one lads never question Silent about any Blades history.
I thought it looked like Bernard Shaw but he couldn’t jump that high :)
I'm going to commit the cardinal sin and go against Silent Blade on this one. That certainly looks like Bernard Shaw. The Star might just have used the wrong photo.

1 A Hodgkinson 2 L Badger 3 B Shaw 4 D Monks 5 K Mallender 6 B Wagstaff 7 A Woodward 8 W Carlin 9 C Addison 10 T Currie 11G Reece

Remember watching from JSWT..Great debut,I was only 8 so very sketchy,but remember me and my Dad being impressed with TC..Jimmy Greaves scored as usual,as my Dad predicted.
Not a great likeness on the photo though.

b25lY21zOmY5YWM2OTk0LTZlOWUtNDEwNy05NjZhLTMwMTNiZDkyYTU1MDplZDdhNjA4NC0wYTEzLTRjNzItYjQyZi00NGYwZmZlMTI1MDA=.jpg

I got my silk scarf nicked off me by Tottenham Hotspur fans near the Siver Blades whilst waiting for the 71 circular bus after the game !!!!

Silver not Siver

Reactions: SWB

Back
Top Bottom