Player Suggestion Target man needed?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I haven't gone with the smug text but it did cross my mind Frieth! Thing is if Madine's crap then I'll get pelters, so for now I'll not say anything! I do think he's gonna be a good signing though and will add something, particularly against physical teams.
I don’t think Madine is crap as a target man.

Just not the type of player that is required.

I’m already looking forward to the boatloads of fouls he is going to give away unnecessarily that won’t frustrate me one iota when the ball comes straight back at us ;)

UTB

Just wondering, am I the only one who thinks we're crying out for an out an out target man? Whether that be someone who starts, or someone who can come on for the last twenty minutes to dominate the oppositions centre halves. As good as Leon is I don't see him as a target man particularly, he generally doesn't beat his opposition defender for winning headers (to play other players in, not to attack for a goal). I also think Leon needs competetion from a similar player who has a presence, and I think will bring out the best of the other attackers, who I also think would benefit from someone like that. Here's my suggestions for said player in ordefr of preference:

1 Michael Smith Rotherham

Can hold the ball up really well, can finish and dominates his centre halves, links up well with players around him. Not scored many goals this season but he looks a real handful and if he played at the Lane I reckon he'd score a lot more and co. Probably would cost £1.5 - £2m.

2 Gary Madine:

I know, I know but he was on fire last season and no one can tell me that he didn't look a real handful against us. He dominated us and our defence couldn't handle him. He has his limitations also but I believe he would really add something to us. There's the obvious history but no one can tell me they wouldn't like Madine if he scored the winner v Wednesday! This would likely be a loan move and I'm sure he'll be available in January, wilder was complimentary last season on Madine.

Into League One...

3 Tom Eaves Gillingham

Seen quite a lot of Eaves, albeit on highliughts and I feel he would be a great addition if we can't get either of the first choices. He's cpabable of scoring one on ones, headers and is a big hot right now for a very average Gills side. He's out of contract at the end of this season and other teams are now being linked. Would guess would cost between £700,000 and £1m tops, but there is talk of a new contract.

4 Keifer Moore Barnsley

I think he's been mentioned before by our fans and again he has the same qualities as the others but hasn't had he didn't score many last season for Barnsley in the Championship. However he was playing for a struggling side and he could be more of a threat for us. Would guess he'd cost between £700,000 and £1.5m.

I'm no expert but that's my thoughts and maybe you totally disagree and think we don't need a target man. I'm not saying we don't need a fast type up there but with Billy in such fine form I think a target man would benefit us more and compliment Billy more but that' just my views.

Absolutely spot on mate and here's further proof that CW reads this forum and has taken your advice on board :p

In all seriousness, a brilliant assessment of what's needed and I totally agree with this and your other comments in this thread.

UTMB

Absolutely spot on mate and here's further proof that CW reads this forum and has taken your advice on board :p

In all seriousness, a brilliant assessment of what's needed and I totally agree with this and your other comments in this thread.

UTMB

Cheers Mak, I do hope Madine comes off, or I might get some pelters, but its all about opinions int it!

"He gives us a physicality at the top of the pitch....possibly, from a tactical point of view, it gives us something different and we're looking at that in the second part of the season: that teams might sit in towards the back of this campaign, so we might need something a little bit different".
... "he's physical ,technically very good, and hopefully he can get on the end of some of the crosses we're putting in".

https://www.sufc.co.uk/news/2019/january/wilder-on-madine/

Could Madine be a success here and fans wanting him to sign permanently in the summer? :eek:

I hope so because that could mean that we've been promoted :D

GLTTL

GBTL (get behind the lad ;) )

Back
Top Bottom