Talksport Radio

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Yes we're bad, but ultimately I'd rather be where we are having bounced between the leagues a few times than the likes of Stoke , Derby and Birmingham who all had decent spells in the PL but now look set for many years out of the top flight on top of what they've already had and struggling financially. We've had the promotion seasons to enjoy and I firmly believe that next season that we'll have better seasons than the aforementioned teams will. There's still a lot to be optimistic for. That doesn't change the depression of this season but you become numb to it after the seventh time we've lost 5 nil plus.

We all know the preparation for this season was awful with the selling of the two best players but that was to an extent out of the club's hands because neither would sign new contracts. What would people rather, we go down with more points if we'd kept Ndiaye and Berge but then lose them for free which cripples us, or sell last pre season meaning that we were set for a very difficult season but enabling us with the money from the two sales with another sale this summer (Archer hopefully the only one) plus parachute payments to be right up there next season because we'll have a very competitive budget.

It's not all doom and gloom folks. I'm still miffed at it, it's embarrassing, but the future will be much better than many teams if a similar size to use. Until we get taken over then sadly we're limited to where we can be but there's teams not far from us who spent a fortune and are still not in the PL and struggling to stay up in the championship.

Yes we're bad, but ultimately I'd rather be where we are having bounced between the leagues a few times than the likes of Stoke , Derby and Birmingham who all had decent spells in the PL but now look set for many years out of the top flight on top of what they've already had and struggling financially. We've had the promotion seasons to enjoy and I firmly believe that next season that we'll have better seasons than the aforementioned teams will. There's still a lot to be optimistic for. That doesn't change the depression of this season but you become numb to it after the seventh time we've lost 5 nil plus.

We all know the preparation for this season was awful with the selling of the two best players but that was to an extent out of the club's hands because neither would sign new contracts. What would people rather, we go down with more points if we'd kept Ndiaye and Berge but then lose them for free which cripples us, or sell last pre season meaning that we were set for a very difficult season but enabling us with the money from the two sales with another sale this summer (Archer hopefully the only one) plus parachute payments to be right up there next season because we'll have a very competitive budget.

It's not all doom and gloom folks. I'm still miffed at it, it's embarrassing, but the future will be much better than many teams if a similar size to use. Until we get taken over then sadly we're limited to where we can be but there's teams not far from us who spent a fortune and are still not in the PL and struggling to stay up in the championship.
To all the ā€œglass half fullā€ peopleā€¦I salute you. But for me, something needs to change at our clubā€¦and pronto. The Prince must sell our club before he builds up anymore debt against the club. I think Chris struggles with off the shelf players who arenā€™t prepared to run through brick wall for him, like the team full of cast offs and rejects he assembled for our two promotions under him.

To all the ā€œglass half fullā€ peopleā€¦I salute you. But for me, something needs to change at our clubā€¦and pronto. The Prince must sell our club before he builds up anymore debt against the club. I think Chris struggles with off the shelf players who arenā€™t prepared to run through brick wall for him, like the team full of cast offs and rejects he assembled for our two promotions under him.
There it is...NO ONE WILL RUN THRU A BRICK WALL FOR THE TEAM, FANS, ANYONE. End of thread

Given all the options, choosing to listen to Cundy and O'Hara says more about you then any of the nonsense they spout on a daily basis.
That doesn't necessarily mean they are wrong but it does mean you are making a conscious choice to listen to ignorant morons and then react to it.

That pretty much goes for all Talksport content to be honest.
What an arrogant condescending comment.

I'd rather listen to Jeff Stelling and Ally McCoist over the tedium of Sky any day.

I wouldn't listen to talkshite if I was paid daily to do so.
But joining both clubs together would only succeed in creating one shit club instead of two shit clubs

What an arrogant condescending comment.

I'd rather listen to Jeff Stelling and Ally McCoist over the tedium of Sky any day.
I don't recall championing Sky and I'm confused as to why your criticism of Sky is somehow less condescending or arrogant, if my post upset your sensibilities.

I don't recall championing Sky and I'm confused as to why your criticism of Sky is somehow less condescending or arrogant, if my post upset your sensibilities.
Your post didn't upset me one iota. It showed up your inflated view of yourself.

As for Sky, I didn't ridicule people for watching it. I said I found it tedious. At least TS are willing to commit time to us unlike many other mainstream outlets.

To paraphrase the irrepressible George Gallowayā€¦ Sky and TalkSPORT are like two cheeks of the same backside.

Tottenham could merge with Arsenal, then you could have just one team who can bottle the Prem title race.

Your post didn't upset me one iota. It showed up your inflated view of yourself.

As for Sky, I didn't ridicule people for watching it. I said I found it tedious. At least TS are willing to commit time to us unlike many other mainstream outlets.
I'm happy with thinking Cundy and O'Hara are morons and talk bollocks, and if you listen to them and then get upset, that's on you.
If that's an over inflated view of myself, I'm comfortable with that.

Burnley beat us 5-0.
They're worse than us outside of that freak (for them, not necessarily for us) result. Outside of that they've got 10 points from 26 league games (we have 13 from 26), scoring 20 times (we've scored 22) yet Kompany is still being praised for "playing the right way".

I would love it if we could smash them like we did last season. I know it's a long shot but blind faith is what makes us follow the team.

They're worse than us outside of that freak (for them, not necessarily for us) result. Outside of that they've got 10 points from 26 league games (we have 13 from 26), scoring 20 times (we've scored 22) yet Kompany is still being praised for "playing the right way".

I would love it if we could smash them like we did last season. I know it's a long shot but blind faith is what makes us follow the team.
I think their home form is actually worse than ours. Arteta has described both grounds as "hard places to go to". I can only assume he has a dodgy satnav.

I think their home form is actually worse than ours. Arteta has described both grounds as "hard places to go to". I can only assume he has a dodgy satnav.
I think Iā€™m correct in saying that their only home win has come against us. Lolz.

Simon Jordan. An arse of the highest order!
An obvious grudge against Wilder. I don't mind our fans calling Wilder out but not from this bloody idiot!

Simon Jordan is spot on 99% of the time. Even though he has a dislike for us as a club most of what he said was the hard truth. Wilder canā€™t continue being here much longer if it carries on like this. Sorry to piss on people parade but itā€™s not 2019 anymore.

I enjoy TS and listen to it regularly, itā€™s made to be a bit provocative to get people engaged. Very top 6 heavy of course but they do cover others quite well. Simon comes across somewhat smug but he knows what heā€™s talking about and speaks well.

The trouble with pundits and any media just look at the game in question. There is never any mention of our injuries since start of season and that our whole defence has been out injured, yet if its a top 6 club they never stop mentioning it. Yes we are poor but our injuries are never taken into account. Luton have been very lucky with no bad injuries

Who is praising them for playing the right way?
Pundits that I've noticed have said they're playing the same way and it doesn't work.
And given the number of goals we've conceded it unfortunately wasn't a freak result and just another of those occasions we've shipped five or more.

I enjoy TS and listen to it regularly, itā€™s made to be a bit provocative to get people engaged. Very top 6 heavy of course but they do cover others quite well. Simon comes across somewhat smug but he knows what heā€™s talking about and speaks well.
There are some shows on there I can't stand and won't listen to.

I mainly only tend to listen sporadically between 9 and 12 when I'm in the car or sometimes working from home.

Yeah they can be sycophantic and I agree Jordan is smug, I used to have a real aversion to him but have warmed to him more in recent times. I just find they cover a wide range of stuff and as well as being happy to talk about clubs like us in more depth than other media outlets, they also tend to try and give balance as well. White and Jordan play the good cop bad cop.

They will also cover other more generic contentious issues, and whilst supporting good causes, will also push back against certain narratives.

They also give agents some grief šŸ˜

Simon Jordan. An arse of the highest order!
An obvious grudge against Wilder. I don't mind our fans calling Wilder out but not from this bloody idiot!
He used to heap praise on him but as a former owner, I think the way Wilder behaved last time, really turned his opinion.

He's often commented on how he feels Wilder's interviews and comments during his last months were out of order considering how he was publicly supported by PA.

I thought his comment about Wilder's interview Monday night being snivelling was unfair tbh. But then again I guess this is modern day media. Push the boundaries to get reactions.

Who is praising them for playing the right way?
Pundits that I've noticed have said they're playing the same way and it doesn't work.
And given the number of goals we've conceded it unfortunately wasn't a freak result and just another of those occasions we've shipped five or more.
Burnley have the same points as us, have scored about the same number of goals, but have conceded 12 less.

They've also taken some heavy losses if not as many as us. They also recently lost 5-0 at home to Arsenal.

Anyone not living in a cave can see that the media/press response to us both in general is not remotely comparable considering very similar seasons. Particularly when you consider Burnley's better preparation and resources.

We've regularly been talked about as possibly the worst ever PL team but I've never really heard Burnley thrown anywhere near that mix by comparison.

Last edited:

That or short term memory loss.

Back
Top Bottom