Talksport Radio

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reaction score
If anybody listen to TalkSport last night, you would have heard them talking about Sheffield Wednesday or Sheffield United joining up with eachother and becoming one team. And they then said this would give them more chance of getting in the Champions League.

Firstly how would that help get us into the Champions League?
And Secondly what rather be in League One for the rest of your life and Still be Sheff Utd? or be in the Champions League and be called "***"?????!!!!!

If that happened I wouldn't surrport the "***", I woud go and surrport another team and hope someone would start AFC Sheffield United, like AFC Wimbledon.

id rather be in the blue square north for the rest of my days than winning the champions league as a fake manufactured team.

that said, if we merged then the new club would become a bit of an mk donuts thing with crowds of around 10,000. 2 new clubs would start up with most fans supporting those. so all that would happen is there would be three teams competing for fans instead of two. anybody who thinks otherwise, and that everybody would magically go and watch a nice cuddly new team is incredibly deluded. and probably believes in pixies.

Just like when we were last in the Prem, if we got to the champions league I'd be sat next to passionless plastic fans coming out with shit like " are united in red dad "

They have this debate every year.

Neither set of fans would agree to a merger however,it would not surprise in the future if both teams played at the same ground

State of these cunts.
They're literally pissing themselves

I listened to Talksport for about 5 minutes last night and it was clear that Danny Murphy was suffering from severe second hand embarrassment for us. He was stumbling over his words in genuine shock about how bad we were.

Ally Mccoist was a bit nicer this morning, basically saying we can't be considered the worst Premier League team of all time due to the points we've got, but that's because he's a nice bloke. We clearly are the worst since football records began (in 1992).

The sole purpose of Talkshite is to increase advertising revenue year-on-year so the owners/shareholders can enjoy big dividends, bought about by an increasing share price. In order to do this they create by and large Bullshit lined stories and conversations, to suck in the listeners to increase their listening numbers, which in turn increases advertising revenue, which increases the share price. It's a vicious circle. Anyone believing Talkshite's sole aim is to enlighten the public with witty and absorbing anecdotes and discussion is sadly wrong.

I listened to Talksport for about 5 minutes last night and it was clear that Danny Murphy was suffering from severe second hand embarrassment for us. He was stumbling over his words in genuine shock about how bad we were.

Ally Mccoist was a bit nicer this morning, basically saying we can't be considered the worst Premier League team of all time due to the points we've got, but that's because he's a nice bloke. We clearly are the worst since football records began (in 1992).

Snowflake

Hilarious last night listening to Cundy and O'Hara on the way home.

Had a United fan on (James - might be on here) and Cundy asked him if he'd ever seen 6-0 at the Lane before. My initial thought was well obviously, Newcastle this season, but James was one step ahead and I quickly realised.

"Yes Jason I have, you played that night" 😂

In fairness Cundy took it in good humour and admitted he was probably at fault for at least half the goals that night.

Listening again in the car this morning, they must have dragged the commentary from that game out later last night because they played it after the Deano goal where the commentator slates Cundy.

Also played Danny Murphy's comments. Completely agree with him and said the exact same thing during the game. After losing heavily at home recently you'd at least expect some tackles flying in and plenty of bookings for us. Far too passive from most happy to see people waltz past them in the middle of the park. Smacks of a lack of professional pride.

Makes you laugh though. Asked the question this morning about whether we're the worst PL side of all time. McCoist was very measured and said it has to be Derby but it's laughable how Vincent Kompany's Burnley don't get labelled the same way. Same points, better goal difference but plenty of big beatings including losing 5-0 at home to Arsenal recently, yet whilst they get put in the not good enough bracket, they don't get ridiculed like us despite spending more money and having a much higher valued squad.

And they say pundits are impartial.

Listened to it on way home, yes it was awful but some blades fans rang and reminded cundy of a game he played against us and lost 6 nil.

Had a United fan on (James - might be on here) and Cundy asked him if he'd ever seen 6-0 at the Lane before. My initial thought was well obviously, Newcastle this season, but James was one step ahead and I quickly realised.

That's included in the clip above

The whole point of the sports bar is to take the piss out of everyone they do it to all teams and it is actually a decent listen it is more akin to soccer AM

If you want a discussion about gegenpressing subscribe to the Athletic or something

Hilarious last night listening to Cundy and O'Hara on the way home.

In fairness Cundy took it in good humour and admitted he was probably at fault for at least half the goals that night.

Listening again in the car this morning, they must have dragged the commentary from that game out later last night because they played it after the Deano goal where the commentator slates Cundy.

Also played Danny Murphy's comments. Completely agree with him and said the exact same thing during the game. After losing heavily at home recently you'd at least expect some tackles flying in and plenty of bookings for us. Far too passive from most happy to see people waltz past them in the middle of the park. Smacks of a lack of professional pride.

Makes you laugh though. Asked the question this morning about whether we're the worst PL side of all time. McCoist was very measured and said it has to be Derby but it's laughable how Vincent Kompany's Burnley don't get labelled the same way. Same points, better goal difference but plenty of big beatings including losing 5-0 at home to Arsenal recently, yet whilst they get put in the not good enough bracket, they don't get ridiculed like us despite spending more money and having a much higher valued squad.

And they say pundits are impartial.
Burnley beat us 5-0.

So? That doesn't negate them getting off so much more lightly than us in punditry circles, especially when they've considerable more resource.

The worst manager in the PL this season pound for pound is Kompany imho yet he's still lauded by most in the media.
Haven't seen anyone lauding him in the media.

Given all the options, choosing to listen to Cundy and O'Hara says more about you then any of the nonsense they spout on a daily basis.
That doesn't necessarily mean they are wrong but it does mean you are making a conscious choice to listen to ignorant morons and then react to it.

That pretty much goes for all Talksport content to be honest.

We don’t need the Champions League to let watching world know how shite Sheffield is at the game of association football.

I don't follow every single thing that's written and said about Burnley but do you have lots of examples of people in the media lauding Kompany for Burnley's efforts this season?

I've seen plenty of examples but unfortunately I don't tend to save these things when I come across them. Having said that though Len, I imagine I could show you several very good examples and it wouldn't make the blindest bit of difference.

Did make me smile when he said Michael Vaughan in his opening. I'm sure he would have loved that.

Talkshite exists just to generate arguments between retards, but to be fair, the pundits are not saying anything that isn't being said on here. We are bad. Digging out fans for leaving early is out of order.

Back
Top Bottom