Talksport Radio

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Burnley have the same points as us, have scored about the same number of goals, but have conceded 12 less.

They've also taken some heavy losses if not as many as us. They also recently lost 5-0 at home to Arsenal.

Anyone not living in a cave can see that the media/press response to us both in general is not remotely comparable considering very similar seasons. Particularly when you consider Burnley's better preparation and resources.

We've regularly been talked about as possibly the worst ever PL team but I've never really heard Burnley thrown anywhere near that mix by comparison.
I think we've now established Burnley aren't being praised for the way they play.
I also don't get why some fans are so desperate to be compared to Burnley. Who cares? It isn't going to make us less shit or any less responsible for how shit we are.

I think we've now established Burnley aren't being praised for the way they play.
I also don't get why some fans are so desperate to be compared to Burnley. Who cares? It isn't going to make us less shit or any less responsible for how shit we are.
We get it. The current climate is manna from heaven for you.

They're worse than us outside of that freak (for them, not necessarily for us) result. Outside of that they've got 10 points from 26 league games (we have 13 from 26), scoring 20 times (we've scored 22) yet Kompany is still being praised for "playing the right way".

I would love it if we could smash them like we did last season. I know it's a long shot but blind faith is what makes us follow the team.
It would be the pinnacle of my season if we finished the season ahead of Burnley. It would quite a unique feat for the “worst team in Premier league history” to finish 19th…How strange that would be.

Tbh, Arsenal have been scoring for fun these last few months, put 4 past Newcastle, 5 past Burnley, 5 past us earlier in the season, 6 past West Ham about a month ago.

Who is praising them for playing the right way?
Pundits that I've noticed have said they're playing the same way and it doesn't work.
And given the number of goals we've conceded it unfortunately wasn't a freak result and just another of those occasions we've shipped five or more.
Unfortunately we’ve set a very embarrassing precedent here. The clubs we play till the end of the season are going to see it as a failure if they don’t come away with at least 5-0 victory.

The trouble with pundits and any media just look at the game in question. There is never any mention of our injuries since start of season and that our whole defence has been out injured, yet if its a top 6 club they never stop mentioning it. Yes we are poor but our injuries are never taken into account. Luton have been very lucky with no bad injuries
Very true.

Even first game of the season Lee Hendrie was saying how it was going to be a big year for Osula.

If everyone was fit and recruitment had been right, he might have got a few runs in the cups and that would have been it.

As it is, we have Brewster, Jebbison, McBurnie, Brereton-Diaz and Archer all having missed substational percentages of their available game time. This is compounded by Traore being deemed short on ability and Ndiaye being sold on the eve of the season.

We’re regularly 5 fit strikers down and then same again on defence.

If Liverpool were down Robertson and the senior back up, Carragher would be mentioning it every week. We’re down 2 left backs, sometimes three when Ozzy has been out. We’re regularly down 1 of 2 right backs most of the time and we’ve been without the 1st choice and 4th choice centre backs, remembering we’re set up to play three, all season.

If you took out the same players at Liverpool they’d be dogger too when measuring them up with their aspirations.

We’re an easy target to kick though. Just a
Punch bag to pummel.

So whether we like it or not, we, United are the ones who need to turn our own luck by getting laxer focused, putting in nothing less than 100% and actually trying to compete for 10 games, even if we have to pretend it’s 10 cup finals.

Back
Top Bottom