Match Thread Swansea City v. Sheffield United - 14th August 2021

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SWA
SWA
SWA

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1628879354632.png V. 1628879363244.png
Championship Week 2 - Saturday 14th August 2021 - 20:00 - Liberty Stadium

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/swansea-city-vs-sheffield-united.553/

Officials:

Referee:
Keith Stroud
Assistant Referee: Ian Cooper
Assistant Referee: Sam Lewis
Fourth Official: Sam Allison

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺
Live TV Coverage
:

Screenshot 2021-08-13 at 19.31.03.png

SUTV Live - https://live.sufc.co.uk/

I feel sorry for Slav as he's been given a squad devoid of attacking quality, with no wide midfielders to give him options as the squad is so unbalanced. On top of that he's had no pre-season to set about his ideas and no new players to motivate those he's inherited. Instead he's got a squad who are afraid of attacking as they've spent two seasons not creating chances, and they're devoid of confidence. Instead of new players adding to the existing quality, they'll be bringing the only quality and somehow being expected to drag the other players up to their levels of confidence and performance.

Slav has a monumental task on his hands. I'd snap your hands off for a top ten finish, let alone play offs or promotion. The signs aren't good as too many players are out of form and showing no signs of improving.

I'll still judge after ten games but I'm not confident that this gash squad is capable of putting in a consistent 90 minutes. They've forgotten how and they look scared of trying to win.
That's the problem, Wilder's made such a mess of things it's going to take time and money to sort it out.

Just shite that… none of the players have any idea what there role was - nothing has changed since last season. It’s wank. Feel sorry for the fans who’ve travelled there to watch that. Take my hat off to them.

We really are rubbish. And for the first time ever in our history its rubbish that's cost an utter fortune.

Something drastic needs to happen to change this oil tanker. A mixture of players that have done well for us that are now past it, million pound signings that look like they couldnt cut it in league 2, and then you're mixture of squad filling championship players. Recipe for disaster... for the 2nd season running.

Oh but we are all bed wetters apparently

Pretty insipid, but a point away from home at a likely top 8 side isn't awful

For all their very neat and tidy possession, Swansea were as ineffective as we were in the final 3rd.

Crying out for new signings
and hopefully we'll start to see improvements.

The season gets longer and longer if this is what we have to look forward too. Need some serious rethink on our midfield, or lack of..

Massive kudos to those travelling fans tonight. That was fucking dire from start to finish. Once again we have fuck all creativity or ability to win the ball back.
Sell berge because he should be the best player in this division by a mile but he either can’t be arsed or is poorly managed. When he gets the ball and drives at people he invariably makes thing happen but it’s too few and far between.
We need a dirty little bastard in the middle along with a play maker. Norwood is neither of those things and sadly, berge is proving not to be either.
We’ve got a dirty bastard upfront, he’s called Mcburnie, he’s our number 9 and he’s shite

well unless anyone else has any other bright ideas i don’t see why not 😂

Only positive is that, apart from osborns abysmal marking v brum, neither of the opposition have looked like scoring

Chris Wilder really did begin to suffer from Neil Warnock syndrome. Think his next step was getting Wayne Allison out of retirement last year.

Brewster played alright, Ozzy made a big impact when on. Everyone else was pretty poor. Awful with the ball and no creativity.

I would replace the whole midfield. Norwood needs booting out ASAP, way too slow and wasteful on the ball. Thoroughly underwhelming. He shouldn't be near a set pieces either, always poor on them. A little worried after witnessing that, hopefully its just lack of pre-season and new manager transition.

We're just tedious to watch, utterly boring clueless football

Not a lot has changed from last season has it?

Same players. Same struggles

I hope SJ has learned some things about his players tonight.

All about opinions but

Osborne did more running and work down the left in 15 mins than Burke did in 60 mins down the right.

The midfield too static for me. Not sure Berge and Norwood can play in a midfield 3

Robinson whenever receiving the ball stops an attack and passes it backwards ( might not be entirely his fault if players don’t show)

Time for Bogle down the right and to give Norrington Davies a crack down the left

i wouldn’t start Burke ever again

Perhaps Brewster should have an opportunity down the middle?

That will probably be a good point come the end of the season, but can we just start RND at left back already?

That's the problem, Wilder's made such a mess of things it's going to take time and money to sort it out.

Hope it doesn't take money. We've never spent it wisely even on the rare occasion we've spent it.
We need to stick to what we do best, free transfers, versatility, not reight good, them types that nobody else wants, and then give them licence to kick the fuck out of everybody so our fans can appreciate them trying. We don't need footballers

Too slow in midfield and attack simple as, no urgency or nous to unlock a defence, West Brom are gonna batter us and this place and Twitter will go into meltdown.

Both teams were lucky to get nil, the keepers could have pitched up deckchairs in their penalty boxes.

Feels like there's still a Chris Wilder shaped shadow cast over this group of players, some of which would benefit from a fresh start elsewhere. Lacking pace and energy in midfield and poor finishing cost us when there were at least 2 chances that should have found the net.

Hopefully when Slav gets his own team together things will perk up a bit. This lot just don't have any sort of killer instinct or winning mentality at the moment. Getting a shot on target or just being in the game is seen as a positive to them and they need to raise their standards.

Not a lot has changed from last season has it?

Same players. Same struggles

I hope SJ has learned some things about his players tonight.

All about opinions but

Osborne did more running and work down the left in 15 mins than Burke did in 60 mins down the right.

The midfield too static for me. Not sure Berge and Norwood can play in a midfield 3

Robinson whenever receiving the ball stops an attack and passes it backwards ( might not be entirely his fault if players don’t show)

Time for Bogle down the right and to give Norrington Davies a crack down the left

i wouldn’t start Burke ever again

Perhaps Brewster should have an opportunity down the middle?
How Burke earns a living as a footballer is a mystery to me. Truly an aberration by Wilder ditching Robinson for this lad just get rid

Back
Top Bottom