Match Thread Swansea City v. Sheffield United - 14th August 2021

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SWA
SWA
SWA

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1628879354632.png V. 1628879363244.png
Championship Week 2 - Saturday 14th August 2021 - 20:00 - Liberty Stadium

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/swansea-city-vs-sheffield-united.553/

Officials:

Referee:
Keith Stroud
Assistant Referee: Ian Cooper
Assistant Referee: Sam Lewis
Fourth Official: Sam Allison

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺
Live TV Coverage
:

Screenshot 2021-08-13 at 19.31.03.png

SUTV Live - https://live.sufc.co.uk/

Maybe it’s that we don’t have a winger at the club (wilder again) and Slav is playing those two to try and get some width ?
It’s a travesty that a squad our size, and there isn’t one winger at the club.

I’d play the wilder formation with

Didz
Brewster—-Mcburnie

RND on for Robinson. The full backs haven’t contributed anything going forward. We need to get them on the back foot.

Very clear thst this team needs a box to box midfielder who can run all day, a winger with pace and trickery and another midfielder who can thread a ball to the forwards.

I'd get rid of Burge if we can get back what we paid for him as he doesn't suit this style to pay for the additions

And that's an achievement?
We've more chance of scoring from a throw in near our own corner flag over a corner.
Brewster has been showing for the ball, won us a free kick in a dangerous place (where sharp fluffed his header from) played a good ball through to mcgoldrick who gave the free kick away. Nearly got through on goal with a good run behind the defence from basham's long ball.
I'm watching the game sober so probably noticing things a little better than you pal.
Burke has won a corner from running into a defender.
You're watching this shit sober what the fuck is wrong with you 😂

The Board have to answer for leaving Slav without a single signing and the ability to shape the side how he wants.

we’ve employed someone with a history of using creative attacking players and given him a squad without a single one - not counting Freeman who appears to just be a body and nothing more.. Just like we have done for the past 2 years - no wonder we can’t fucking score.

this season will soon fall off the rails unless this is addressed. Don’t see how you can blame the manager when you’re asking him to play tennis with a badminton racket

No pre season, no signings, no real surprise. Square pegs in round holes at the moment.

Hard for those determined to wet the bed but patience required - new signings and a new system will yake some time. Judge after 10 games is the cliché for a reason.

Should have been mass brawl after that challenge on berge bit we just don't fancy it

Burke off and drop bogle into a 3 then let didzy float behind Sharp and brewster

The Board have to answer for leaving Slav without a single signing and the ability to shape the side how he wants.

we’ve employed someone with a history of using creative attacking players and given him a squad without a single one - not counting Freeman who appears to just be a body and nothing more.. Just like we have done for the past 2 years - no wonder we can’t fucking score.

this season will soon fall off the rails unless this is addressed. Don’t see how you can blame the manager when you’re asking him to play tennis with a badminton racket
Nail on head

I've more chance of winning the lottery than seeing Baldock putting in an early cross. He kills our attacks everytime he gets the ball. He's poor in attack and has been for two seasons. He's the most over rated player we've got.

I feel sorry for Slav as he's been given a squad devoid of attacking quality, with no wide midfielders to give him options as the squad is so unbalanced. On top of that he's had no pre-season to set about his ideas and no new players to motivate those he's inherited. Instead he's got a squad who are afraid of attacking as they've spent two seasons not creating chances, and they're devoid of confidence. Instead of new players adding to the existing quality, they'll be bringing the only quality and somehow being expected to drag the other players up to their levels of confidence and performance.

Slav has a monumental task on his hands. I'd snap your hands off for a top ten finish, let alone play offs or promotion. The signs aren't good as too many players are out of form and showing no signs of improving.

I'll still judge after ten games but I'm not confident that this gash squad is capable of putting in a consistent 90 minutes. They've forgotten how and they look scared of trying to win.

Anyone else wishing they were substantially drunker than they are right now? Make it more bearable to the eyes n that if you can't see straight.
Not sure what you're on about pal we're playing awesome... And mcburnie is on now he's always good..

Back
Top Bottom