summer (sort of) window

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

WUM

Reaction score
-Swift fee agreed with Reading. 4 million. Medical soon, announcement possibly end of week.

-Our other targets include Eze (as reported) no bids made but looking around 18 million.

-Also looking at bringing in 2 more strikers, Emmanuel Denis, Josh King, Watkins all high up on the list.

-Zivkovic staying, small fee approx 3.5 million.

-Callum Robinson will either be going to WBA or another top end championship club, Bristol City interested as well as Bournemouth and Norwich. This depends if we can bring in 2 more strikers. Should break even on the fee we paid last Summer.

-Oh and as for keepers we’re still trying to bring Henderson back but all dependent on if Man Utd want to keep hold or sell him with Chelsea (as reported) interested. Other targets are the Turkish lad who we’ve been previously linked with, Ramsdale and Ben Foster.

None that haven't been mooted before then

I wondered when Richard Cadette’s replacement would surface.

I only want to sign Eze so we can sing Eza Blade! Seen him play a few times and he was good once and then in other matches illuminated the games with a few flashes of magic but then drifted out of the game. Bright Osayi-Samuel seemed a much better prospect as he has real pace and some skill. However he is a winger and a bit light so I'm not sure where he would fit in.

Good attempt. Literally all of the above could be put together from press clippings over the past 2 months 😆

Just needed to add Bit in paper.

I'd be surprised if we signed Zivkovic. He's looked tidy enough but I wouldn't say he's done anything in games to suggest he should stay longer.

If we sign Zivkovic then it's a very worrying sign of how much we'll struggle up front next season.

-Swift fee agreed with Reading. 4 million. Medical soon, announcement possibly end of week.

-Our other targets include Eze (as reported) no bids made but looking around 18 million.

-Also looking at bringing in 2 more strikers, Emmanuel Denis, Josh King, Watkins all high up on the list.

-Callum Robinson will either be going to WBA or another top end championship club, Bristol City interested as well as Bournemouth and Norwich. This depends if we can bring in 2 more strikers. Should break even on the fee we paid last Summer.

-Oh and as for keepers we’re still trying to bring Henderson back but all dependent on if Man Utd want to keep hold or sell him with Chelsea (as reported) interested. Other targets are the Turkish lad who we’ve been previously linked with, Ramsdale and Ben Foster.

Wow how enlightening. If only all of that hadn't already been discussed.

Thanks for that,

In other news, have you heard about this virus in China that’s supposed to be killing people? Hope it doesn’t spread over here any time soon.

-It’s possible mousset will leave, it would be back to France, a couple of clubs in Ligue 1 are sniffing, Nantes is one of them.

-Defensively we won’t see many changes, as reported Jagielka has signed on for 1 more year. After sending Retsos back we need more cover for Bash, Ben Cabango at Swansea is on the list, dependent on if they go up of course.

- Also looking at Junior Stanislas at B’mouth for rcm, Adam Uche Idah at Norwich is also fancied by Wilder.

-Chris has made out that the budget will be significantly lower than originally thought to the media, however we will be spending big this summer I assure you; the coaching staff know we need more quality in the squad and I can see us potentially breaking the transfer record again, probably on a striker, but only if it’s a fair price-as always.

-Players got a huge bonus for staying up-as they should, our wage structure over the course of the next few years will start to catch up to other premier league clubs around us (provided we keep staying up).

WUM
Many thanks for the information.
Could I be so bold as to ask how you are privy to the information, no names but:-
Do you know a player, member of coaching staff, member of staff? Or just an educated guess?

-It’s possible mousset will leave, it would be back to France, a couple of clubs in Ligue 1 are sniffing, Nantes is one of them.

-Defensively we won’t see many changes, as reported Jagielka has signed on for 1 more year. After sending Retsos back we need more cover for Bash, Ben Cabango at Swansea is on the list, dependent on if they go up of course.

- Also looking at Junior Stanislas at B’mouth for rcm, Adam Uche Idah at Norwich is also fancied by Wilder.

-Chris has made out that the budget will be significantly lower than originally thought to the media, however we will be spending big this summer I assure you; the coaching staff know we need more quality in the squad and I can see us potentially breaking the transfer record again, probably on a striker, but only if it’s a fair price-as always.

-Players got a huge bonus for staying up-as they should, our wage structure over the course of the next few years will start to catch up to other premier league clubs around us (provided we keep staying up).

Some names we hadn't heard before. Liking it. Something to think about anyway.

That Uche Idah looks very good when I’ve seen him, young as well.

The bit you missed was that CW has gone on holiday for 5 weeks now that all the signings have been made. Should be back by early September

I haven't seen enough of Zivkovic to truly know what he's about. I thought he and Mousset looked good when they played together, stretched oppo defense with their acceleration and pace.

What do you guys not like?

Football fans are a fickle bunch. We've had such a small sample size on Zivkovic that he has swung wildly from "he looks lively, I'd start him next game" to "he's useless, get him out". It just so happens that his last game was pretty poor, so he's at the useless end of the spectrum now. For me, I didn't really see enough of him to judge. In some of his appearances off the bench he'd given me some hope, but then in his 40 minutes against Southampton he really didn't show anything at all. And I was quite hopeful he'd have given their slower defenders a run-around. It felt like a game that was made for him.

Being harsh, I'd say given our distinctintly average returns across all of our strikers this season - McBurnie, McGoldrick, Mousset, Sharp, Robinson, Zivkovic - we can't really afford to be carrying passengers who might contribute in odd games if we really want to push on next year. But if we can get Zivkovic back fairly cheaply, I'd be happy for him to be our fifth striker. Although given the wages they supposedly pay in China, I'm not sure he will come cheap.

Back
Top Bottom