Suggestion for Burnley game

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

How I see it is that:-

• we will have a shocking end to the season getting a few hammerings
  • no new manager appointed before the end of the season
  • little or no communication from the board regarding their thinking going forward
  • plenty of rumours regarding shitty potential new managers winding people up
  • Bramall Lane being like a bear pit by the time of the Burnley game

I think the communication point is key. If it looks like there are plans in place, whether they eventually come to fruition or not, I believe the majority will be willing to wait and see. There is also going to be no more than 10,000 there, all spaced out and probably in masks. I think it will be difficult to get anything going.

Rip van Winkle’s fucked it up again.

3E9F76D6-4D03-4308-AD11-E6D152E94F4B.png

I think the communication point is key. If it looks like there are plans in place, whether they eventually come to fruition or not, I believe the majority will be willing to wait and see. There is also going to be no more than 10,000 there, all spaced out and probably in masks. I think it will be difficult to get anything going.
I think you could still get a lot of energy from a 10,000 crowd especially after such a long time away.

I envision the 10000 returning to a stirring rendition of Peters & Lee's 'Welcome Home' & complimentary half & half Wilder/Heckingbottom scarves to appease all and immediately re-uniting all Blades for the challenges ahead.

We be like,

He's one of our own,
He's one of our owwwwwwwwwn
His Royal Highness Abdullah bin Musa'ad bin Abdulaziz Al Saud
He's one of our own.

Catchy

Followed by a rendition of "Always look on the bright side of life, except at Sheffield United as we are f........... shhh sometimes okay"

Yes we know that but some showing unnecessary levels of grief and animosity towards club, that's wrong.

Well I've seen someone non Twitter suggest we all wear Wilder masks at the next game!

Won't the return of fans just be delayed until the start of next season (except the FA cup final, sure I read that was being used as a trial for the return of fans?). If any clubs are fighting for the title, Europe, avoid relegation on the final day surely letting fans in gives an unfair home advantage to teams that hasn't been there for the rest of the season? That surely causes more hassle/debate than its worth...

Latest suggestion is that final two gameweeks are pushed back a week so that every team gets a home fixture with fans

Youths would probably think you just mean that loads and loads of women should go. Nowt to do with them having their kit off, what with them thinking “bare” means “loads of” and all that. 😔
I like beer, and I like cheese
I like the smell of a westerly breeze
But what I like more than all of these
Is bare women

It maybe old news but I thought the number of fans allowed in would be 10,000.

That's a little more than the away following to MK Dons.

If this is based upon loyalty points then most of our loyal away supporters would probably be the type of fan attending.

It's a generalisation but I think these fans will be in the Wilder camp.

The 6,000 who went to Old Trafford for the FA Youth cup final expressed their feelings with 'Keep the kids. Sack the Board'.

And it was hardly a library that day at MK Dons was it?

I'm amazed at the resistance to my original suggestion. As if the last 5 years weren't the best times we've ever had supporting the Blades, it was all down to the impact and decision making of one man and one bad season in a freak of a year where every other horse in the race has 10x the amount of financial clout should not detract from his accomplishments.

And it was hardly a library that day at MK Dons was it?

I'm amazed at the resistance to my original suggestion. As if the last 5 years weren't the best times we've ever had supporting the Blades, it was all down to the impact and decision making of one man and one bad season in a freak of a year where every other horse in the race has 10x the amount of financial clout should not detract from his accomplishments.

Maybe Guanche the reason for the resistance is due to the idea is too 'manufactured.

Just imagine someone on here had posted before the FA Cup semi final against Hull that should we see our team give 100% and the opposition score a late goal to kill off the game then let's all stand and applaud. They would have got slated.

We are about spontaneity.

With the information we have at present then I think there will be some form of vocal support for Chris Wilder in the Burnley game. Quite rightly so.

Fill your boots that's okay, it's protesting that'll do no good mate

Singing Wilder is one of our own in a nothing game with no permanent manager in place doth hardly a damaging protest make

Maybe Guanche the reason for the resistance is due to the idea is too 'manufactured.

Just imagine someone on here had posted before the FA Cup semi final against Hull that should we see our team give 100% and the opposition score a late goal to kill off the game then let's all stand and applaud. They would have got slated.

We are about spontaneity.

With the information we have at present then I think there will be some form of vocal support for Chris Wilder in the Burnley game. Quite rightly so.

LOL cos singing the GCB religiously every kick off cued in by John Denver is spontaneous??

Give your head a wobble

Id like to think in a couple of months time everyone will have moved on a bit, be less emotional and the 10k who get to go might just be really happy to be doing something 'normal' for the first time in 15 months, happy to see some old pals and faces, and enjoy being at a match again.

Managers come and go, players and staff do, but underwriting it all is the love / passion we all have for the club. We've seen a lot shitter times than right now so whilst for some its a shame hes gone, others not too arsed, but its done with now, time to move on.

Singing an ex managers name 2 month after he's left the club (mutual consent -so he's played a part in it) is pretty embarrassing in my book.

Id like to think in a couple of months time everyone will have moved on a bit, be less emotional and the 10k who get to go might just be really happy to be doing something 'normal' for the first time in 15 months, happy to see some old pals and faces, and enjoy being at a match again.

Managers come and go, players and staff do, but underwriting it all is the love / passion we all have for the club. We've seen a lot shitter times than right now so whilst for some its a shame hes gone, others not too arsed, but its done with now, time to move on.

Singing an ex managers name 2 month after he's left the club (mutual consent -so he's played a part in it) is pretty embarrassing in my book.
1. I will not move on. Nobdy, I repeat nobdy, better than Wilder for the Blades

2. It’s not a very good book you have. Certainly not as good as ‘One of our Own’ which, by the way, gets better with every read

1. I will not move on. Nobdy, I repeat nobdy, better than Wilder for the Blades

2. It’s not a very good book you have. Certainly not as good as ‘One of our Own’ which, by the way, gets better with every read
fair enough

If i may plays devils advacote....

So, in five years time, ten years, twenty years you wont move on??

Nobody better than Wilder for the blades - do you not think other managers might have got more out of the squad in the last 12 months?? In a spell of 39 games (since project restart) we have done the following: W7, D4, L28 - points 25. Goals scored - 25 - goals against 64. Do you really think there is nobody better? (I say this when im in the camp i'd rather he have stayed)

fair enough

If i may plays devils advacote....

So, in five years time, ten years, twenty years you wont move on??

Nobody better than Wilder for the blades - do you not think other managers might have got more out of the squad in the last 12 months?? In a spell of 39 games (since project restart) we have done the following: W7, D4, L28 - points 25. Goals scored - 25 - goals against 64. Do you really think there is nobody better? (I say this when im in the camp i'd rather he have stayed)
One bad season in five would have become one bad season in six. And then forward again until the end of time. Offloading the shite and starting again, doing it his way.

Back
Top Bottom