Suggestion for Burnley game

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

guancheblade

Reaction score
I imagine the majority of us would like to express our dissenting voices to the owner and the board as loudly as possible.

So why not do exactly that?

The suggestion... on the assumption fans are allowed back into grounds in time for the final home game of the season against Burnley, once John Denver starts playing, instead of singing the Greasy Chip Butty, when the music stops the fans in the ground sing back to back renditions of "He's one of our own, he's one of our own, Chrissy Wilder, he's one of our own" over and over until we can't anymore. Just make a spectacle of it.

I think that could be quite powerful (albeit not as powerful as it would be with a full capacity in attendance). I'm sure the major sports media outlets will pick up on it as well. It must be unprecedented for a "sacked" manager to get such vocal support so long after his departure. Also how many consecutive games at Bramall Lane must the GCB song have been sung at kick off? Must be in the thousands.

People will take notice.

I recall when Spackman had enough and fucked off the next game away at Coventry in the cup he got a load of support throughout the match

I imagine the majority of us would like to express our dissenting voices to the owner and the board as loudly as possible.

The suggestion... on the assumption fans are allowed back into grounds in time for the final home game of the season against Burnley, once John Denver starts playing, instead of singing the Greasy Chip Butty, when the music stops the fans in the ground sing back to back renditions of "He's one of our own, he's one of our own, Chrissy Wilder, he's one of our own" over and over until we can't anymore. Just make a spectacle of it.

I think that could be quite powerful (albeit not as powerful as it would be with a full capacity in attendance). I'm sure the major sports media outlets will pick up on it as well. It must be unprecedented for a "sacked" manager to get such vocal support so long after his departure. Also how many consecutive games at Bramall Lane must the GCB song have been sung at kick off? Must be in the thousands.

People will take notice.
By then, that choice of song might just seem to be a little ironic? 🤔

People will take notice.
Most stupidest suggestion I've ever heard, he's gone!! I know why not have a rendition of berty basset, and Neil warnock. Grow up.

People will take notice.
I don't think your imagining what the majority think is good enough to justify your suggestion (just because you feel so strongly does not mean most others do). Also, I don't believe Chris Wilder is immature enough to take the singing you suggest as a positive; he will certainly know anyway that there is a range of views of him. Neither will PA remove himself from the club on the grounds of a song from the terraces and in any case, would that leave us better off than we are now? Your own strong angry feelings, doubtless shared by many others are best left as feelings; act on them as you suggest and you'll be wasting your time, annoying even possibly a majority of other fans. I suppose you could sing "He was one of our own" but of course, as a Blade, he always will be, so doesn't really work. There will be no open-top bus in town with a farewell Peroni-fest; it's happened. I intend to enjoy the amazing memories, hope that flotsam and jetsam in the team is gathered and disposed of in a timely fashion, and sing for the future (and having been 64 years a Blade I have felt like this a few times and it hardly lasts). Nothing personal Guanche.
By then, that song might just seem to be a little ironic? 🤔

I think loads of bare women should go.

Not to insult the Prince I just think loads of bare women should go.

Youths would probably think you just mean that loads and loads of women should go. Nowt to do with them having their kit off, what with them thinking “bare” means “loads of” and all that. 😔

I've been 100% behind Chris up to this weekend. I've since read virtually every post of every thread over the these last couple of days and can now state that I'm firmly nailing my decision to the mast of, 'now he's gone, we move onto hopefully a better future'. So it's a 'big 'no' from me to this idea.

Most stupidest suggestion I've ever heard, he's gone!! I know why not have a rendition of berty basset, and Neil warnock. Grow up.

Well its not like we had opportunity to say thank you to him for everything he did for this club is it?? This is the next best thing.

Don't hate it, just a way to put on record our feelings about the decision. Football fandom is about emotions and experiences, not sure why showing 5mins support for the best manager we've had for yonks is a bad thing.

Leicester fans did similar after Ranieri was sacked. It's not their job to run the club, they didn't know all the ins and outs, it just made them look human with a bit of loyalty.

People will take notice.

Seriously, get over it.

Hi Stegosaurus here

I think we should show who we want in charge

"We want Sammy Lee, Sammy Lee. We want Sammy Lee. Nanananananananana"

Youths would probably think you just mean that loads and loads of women should go. Nowt to do with them having their kit off, what with them thinking “bare” means “loads of” and all that. 😔
That’s bare foolishness, fam

Thanks Wilder for not winning a game in 20 after saying it was the best transfer window he's had at the club, the blaming the board for their investment.

Really enjoyed you bringing Kean Bryan and Lowe into the team they were good comedy to watch on tv in these depressing times

Thanks Wilder for not winning a game in 20 after saying it was the best transfer window he's had at the club, the blaming the board for their investment.

Really enjoyed you bringing Kean Bryan and Lowe into the team they were good comedy to watch on tv in these depressing times
Was it the boards investment or the money Wilder earned us getting to the prem?

Chanting for Wilder is fine and deserved. Not in favour of anything beyond that. I have no faith in this board/owner whatsoever, but let's give them a chance. The next appointment will be their first since taking full control. If they fuck it up, then by all means protest etc.

Chanting for Wilder is fine and deserved. Not in favour of anything beyond that. I have no faith in this board/owner whatsoever, but let's give them a chance. The next appointment will be their first since taking full control. If they fuck it up, then by all means protest etc.
The only way of defining whether or not an appointment is a success is whether they've hired a better manager than the one that came before. They've already fucked it up

Was it the boards investment or the money Wilder earned us getting to the prem?

The downside to that, if you accept it, is that he then spunked it all away Viv Richardson style. Which, like your claim, is nonsense.

Back
Top Bottom