Suggestion for Burnley game

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Chanting for Wilder is fine and deserved. Not in favour of anything beyond that. I have no faith in this board/owner whatsoever, but let's give them a chance. The next appointment will be their first since taking full control. If they fuck it up, then by all means protest etc.

Which is why its only a suggestion for the Burnley game only. Nothing at stake, season gone, no new permanent manager in place. Opportunity to publicly display our thanks to Wilder for all the wonderful moments he's given us.

If you have a serious issue with that then blimey

Was it the boards investment or the money Wilder earned us getting to the prem?
Boards money, yes CW took us into the EPL, but they are the custodians of the club,

You dont think that everytime the greasy salesperson at the local car dealership sells you a car, he gets to choose how the business spend the 5 grand hes just brought in do you?

And given CW's record of transfers above, £6m, any future employer should look at giving him a glass ceiling on transfers

if as expected CW does join Celtic
it taints his whole standing as a loyal one of our own for me

chasing the dollar just kills the argument stone dead

Chris Wilder, who left Sheffield United by mutual consent on Saturday, has been backed into short-priced favourite to replace Neil Lennon as Celtic manager.

The 53-year-old has been cut to 6/5 with Sky Bet after chaos in South Yorkshire.
Speculation had mounted over Wilder’s future on Friday, when Sheffield United’s media duties ahead of Sunday’s Premier League match at Leicester were cancelled.
The club eventually confirmed his departure by mutual consent on Saturday, with former Leeds boss Paul Heckingbottom installed as caretaker until the end of the season.
Wilder won promotion with the Blades from Sky Bet League One and the Championship, and led the club to a ninth-placed Premier League finish last season, but this term they have been rooted to the bottom from the outset.

Next permanent Celtic manager (odds via Sky Bet)​

• Chris Wilder - 6/5
  • John Kennedy - 5/2
  • Roy Keane - 4/1
  • Eddie Howe - 12/1
  • Enzo Maresca - 14/1
Odds correct at 1504 GMT (14/03/21)

if as expected CW does join Celtic
it taints his whole standing as a loyal one of our own for me

chasing the dollar just kills the argument stone dead

Chris Wilder, who left Sheffield United by mutual consent on Saturday, has been backed into short-priced favourite to replace Neil Lennon as Celtic manager.

The 53-year-old has been cut to 6/5 with Sky Bet after chaos in South Yorkshire.
Speculation had mounted over Wilder’s future on Friday, when Sheffield United’s media duties ahead of Sunday’s Premier League match at Leicester were cancelled.
The club eventually confirmed his departure by mutual consent on Saturday, with former Leeds boss Paul Heckingbottom installed as caretaker until the end of the season.
Wilder won promotion with the Blades from Sky Bet League One and the Championship, and led the club to a ninth-placed Premier League finish last season, but this term they have been rooted to the bottom from the outset.

Next permanent Celtic manager (odds via Sky Bet)​

• Chris Wilder - 6/5
  • John Kennedy - 5/2
  • Roy Keane - 4/1
  • Eddie Howe - 12/1
  • Enzo Maresca - 14/1
Odds correct at 1504 GMT (14/03/21)
The below is reported in todays press, not sure CW's access all areas approach is aligned to them wanting a figure head who inherits backroom staff

They also have Nick Hammond there as 'Head of football operations' near enough a DoF

If CW takes this job, working with Nick Hammond, and the existing coaching team, coupled with the timing of how/when his exit from BDTBL came around, he could go from Christ to Judas in a few days

-----------------

Senior club chiefs want to keep the existing coaching staff and put a ‘figurehead’ in charge.
Keane does not have a backroom team that he uses, so that would be ideal.
The Scottish giants are also believed to be considering other candidates such as Eddie Howe, David Moyes and Scotland boss Steve Clarke.

I liked CW and as I said before he left he was testing even me but, I had 1 foot and 3 toes still in his camp. What I'm struggling with now is why so many folk cannot or won't accept it, he's gone finito Benito we have to look forward and move on.

I'm just worried what will happen to the squad yes it needs a major overhaul but let's not sell the best assets, I'm not saying that Ramsdale or JoC will leave but if they did I think they'd have no problems getting a PL club...I think Fleck, Lundstram and Norwood could very well leave, but we need to bring quality in to replace them.

A while ago Bradley Dack at Blackburn was mentioned (good player) but looks like he may have picked up a bad injury at weekend, not seen no updates. Just had a quick squint and it looks like it's a bad one, talking his ACL poor sod.

I liked CW and as I said before he left he was testing even me but, I had 1 foot and 3 toes still in his camp. What I'm struggling with now is why so many folk cannot or won't accept it, he's gone finito Benito we have to look forward and move on.

I'm just worried what will happen to the squad yes it needs a major overhaul but let's not sell the best assets, I'm not saying that Ramsdale or JoC will leave but if they did I think they'd have no problems getting a PL club...I think Fleck, Lundstram and Norwood could very well leave, but we need to bring quality in to replace them.

A while ago Bradley Dack at Blackburn was mentioned (good player) but looks like he may have picked up a bad injury at weekend, not seen no updates. Just had a quick squint and it looks like it's a bad one, talking his ACL poor sod.

This is not about trying to get him back, it's more an idea to give him some sort of public acknowledgment (it's not like the club has done anything to really mark his legendary contribution).

Won't the return of fans just be delayed until the start of next season (except the FA cup final, sure I read that was being used as a trial for the return of fans?). If any clubs are fighting for the title, Europe, avoid relegation on the final day surely letting fans in gives an unfair home advantage to teams that hasn't been there for the rest of the season? That surely causes more hassle/debate than its worth...

There's going to be a lot of disappointed people when they realise the majority will just turn up to the next match and watch the game.
I am confident that the majority won't just go to Burnley match and ignore the fact that Wilder has gone. Even if not protesting they will at least acknowledge what Wilder has done over the years for us with vocal support. Do you genuinely think this won't happen?

Won't the return of fans just be delayed until the start of next season (except the FA cup final, sure I read that was being used as a trial for the return of fans?). If any clubs are fighting for the title, Europe, avoid relegation on the final day surely letting fans in gives an unfair home advantage to teams that hasn't been there for the rest of the season? That surely causes more hassle/debate than its worth...
good point 🤔

I am confident that the majority won't just go to Burnley match and ignore the fact that Wilder has gone. Even if not protesting they will at least acknowledge what Wilder has done over the years for us with vocal support. Do you genuinely think this won't happen?

Unless something terrible happens regarding the next appointments and plans for the club, I'll be amazed if there's anything more than a few rogue Wilder chants

Just 90 minutes of the Kop singing "we're F*****g S**t" over and over would be the most fitting soundtrack.

It would be perfect as Burnley make it 30 League defeats for the season.

One man doesn’t “earn” money that comes into the club. It’s by necessity a collective. What about the players for example? But if you believe it the the money wasted this season has to go down to him. Which again is nonsense. You cant have it both ways.
Of course, I'm alluding to the fact that he was the pivotal factor in us earning tbe money.

I don't think we have wasted money, all signings are never going to come off and most of the summer signings were long term anyway. If Brewster bags 30 next season people won't call him a waste of money.

But had he wasted the money, most of the blame would fall on him. He certainly takes most the blame for our league position, for example.

We're never going to Euroooope
We gave Wilder the choooop
From Woolhouse to Abdullahhhhhh
We hate the fucking lottttt
Dean Hammond and John Lundstraaaam
A pair of fucking cuuuunts
We are Sheff United
But we think we're Liverpooool
Allez allez allez
I sang that to the tune of "my old man's a dustman" 🙄

We're never going to Euroooope
We gave Wilder the choooop
From Woolhouse to Abdullahhhhhh
We hate the fucking lottttt
Dean Hammond and John Lundstraaaam
A pair of fucking cuuuunts
We are Sheff United
But we think we're Liverpooool
Allez allez allez
Someone ought to put that to music.

This is not about trying to get him back, it's more an idea to give him some sort of public acknowledgment (it's not like the club has done anything to really mark his legendary contribution).
Yes we know that but some showing unnecessary levels of grief and animosity towards club, that's wrong.

Unless something terrible happens regarding the next appointments and plans for the club, I'll be amazed if there's anything more than a few rogue Wilder chants
How I see it is that:-

• we will have a shocking end to the season getting a few hammerings
  • no new manager appointed before the end of the season
  • little or no communication from the board regarding their thinking going forward
  • plenty of rumours regarding shitty potential new managers winding people up
  • Bramall Lane being like a bear pit by the time of the Burnley game

It maybe old news but I thought the number of fans allowed in would be 10,000.

That's a little more than the away following to MK Dons.

If this is based upon loyalty points then most of our loyal away supporters would probably be the type of fan attending.

It's a generalisation but I think these fans will be in the Wilder camp.

The 6,000 who went to Old Trafford for the FA Youth cup final expressed their feelings with 'Keep the kids. Sack the Board'.

Back
Top Bottom