SUFC Club statement

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Johnnyblade

Bournemouth Blade
Reaction score
Sheffield United confirms that Chris Wilder has left the Club by mutual consent.

The Board and Chris Wilder, who has managed the Blades to more than 100 wins in his almost five years at Bramall Lane, made the decision following discussions.

Chris Wilder commented: "Being manager of Sheffield United has been a special journey and one I'll never forget. I was delighted to be given the opportunity back in 2016 and have been delighted with the success which we have achieved, including two promotions and a highest ever Premier League finish. I'd like to thank everyone who has contributed to the Club's accomplishments along the way, including the players, staff and, in particular, the supporters."

Earlier this season, Chris Wilder surpassed 200 league games in charge of the Blades, becoming the sixth United manager to reach this milestone.

We are confident that all Blades fans around the world will join us in thanking Chris for his hard work, commitment and expertise in driving the Club. Now the Club will turn its attention to completing the season as strongly as possible and if we are relegated, to preparing for the Championship. We confirm our intention to keep the core of the player group together and will continue to invest further in the Academy and the First Team, to place us in the best possible position for the future.

The cowards haven't even put their name or names to the statement and promises therein.

I do hope we have a robust succession plan in place as this has been in pipeline for a while

Saw Eddie Howe was on sky Burnley game earlier, they always seem to end up in tv when looking for their next management job

It is a shame, I wish we knew factually what direction Wilder and the Prince want to go and how they differ

Thanks for everything Chris. One of the great Sheffield United managers who gave us some great memories. I wish him the very best of luck in his next role.

We need to move on quickly though and back the next manager. The next few months will be huge for the club’s immediate future.

Sheffield United confirms that Chris Wilder has left the Club by mutual consent.

The Board and Chris Wilder, who has managed the Blades to more than 100 wins in his almost five years at Bramall Lane, made the decision following discussions.

Chris Wilder commented: "Being manager of Sheffield United has been a special journey and one I'll never forget. I was delighted to be given the opportunity back in 2016 and have been delighted with the success which we have achieved, including two promotions and a highest ever Premier League finish. I'd like to thank everyone who has contributed to the Club's accomplishments along the way, including the players, staff and, in particular, the supporters."

Earlier this season, Chris Wilder surpassed 200 league games in charge of the Blades, becoming the sixth United manager to reach this milestone.

We are confident that all Blades fans around the world will join us in thanking Chris for his hard work, commitment and expertise in driving the Club. Now the Club will turn its attention to completing the season as strongly as possible and if we are relegated, to preparing for the Championship. We confirm our intention to keep the core of the player group together and will continue to invest further in the Academy and the First Team, to place us in the best possible position for the future.
What the source of this? SUFC website?

Genuinely feel sick at that. Never ever felt as angry about anything in football. This club tends to go from one poor owner to another, but...

Prince Abdullah... GET THE FUCK OUT
Felt the same myself Luke but it’s seeming to me like there is more to this than meets the eye !

seems more and more like wilder wanted out , is this because he didn’t fancy the princes vision for the future ... or has he been tapped up by another club ... or is he just wanting the payout and take a break and try somewhere else in the future ?

it’s gonna be interesting!

I don't read too many of these from other clubs but generally the ones I have seen usually confirm who is going to be taking temporary charge, especially with a game less than 24 hours away.

Makes me think there's a little more in the Tindall news than I thought, or perhaps we're awaiting confirmation as to whether Heckingbottom can join up with the first team bubble in time for tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom