Ball Sup Blog... SUFC Academy U21 v Millwall (a)

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Enjoy the game and the ale, Phil. Look forward to your report. Near enough 70 games for the season?

3-1 Blades. Marsh, Osula naturally.
It'll be a one pinter. Got somewhere in mind, but Monday tea time is fucking hopeless for pub openings.

My apologies as well. I decided never to monetise my Blog & SubStack posts by embedding advertising. So, I am afraid my only source of income comes from Twitter Traffic. So, I hope you'll understand why I provide Twitter links to Blades information. I, of course, understand that people may not have the time to trawl. I try not to mislead people into unnecessary clicks. Forum Members know what my content is about. But, I am trying to make a living through those clicks.
Phil ...I understand how things are so difficult for you financially without the clicks as I alway make a point of clicking at least twice ;-)

Phil ...I understand how things are so difficult for you financially without the clicks as I alway make a point of clicking at least twice ;-)
Those fucking coffees I've promised to get us aren't gonna buy themselves....🤓

(also, your clicks come through as SENIOR so they're basically worth fuck all to me, but thanks for your support)

Really soft play which led to their goal. A sloppy, underweighted pass from defence put them in possession in the final third. A relatively tame shot was only parried back out by our keeper fir an easy tap in. I won’t single out names for those who were at fault as my YouTube stream is a little blocky.

We started dominating possession in the last 10 mins. Positive surge into the box and great feet by Brooks but his well hit shot struck the bar from 12 yards as the earlier poster said. Osula was unable to turn the rebound in, but would t have been expecting it.

Still all to play for so fingers crossed the lads have a grandstand second half.

53 mins miss of the season by Millwall number 9. Cross across the 6 yard box, unmarked, all of the goal to aim for and he sidefoots against the post and the ball runs across the line, eventually to safety. Worse than Ronnie Rossnthal.

54 mins all Millwall. Another powerful run and shot produces a good save at the near post by our keeper Luke Faxon low down.

We’ve not turned up yet in the second half.

Nice composure and ball from Sashdev finds Osula in the middle just past hair way. Osula’s shot from 30 yards is a daisy cutter but takes a deflection for a corner. Corner comes to nothing.

Osula got clattered before getting his shot away and is moving gingerly.

United force another corner on 61 mins. Again, no end product.

Good driving run by Brooks. Osula pulled wide left on the edge of the box. Great curling effort, hits the bar and falls to Peck who taps home.

1-1 63 mins.

United going for the second. Good cross by Brooks, pushed away by the Milwall keeper.

Marsh dropping deeper to influence the game. His shot is blocked.

Then Buyabu gets into the box, crosses to the back post to Sachdev. Good driving effort but great save by the keeper to turn it wide. Corner comes to nothing.

20 mins to go.

73 great skill by Buyabu to prevent the ball going for a throw, finds Brooks who surges into the box but he’s denied a shot on goal by the outstretched boot of the Millwall defender.

75 near calamitous heavy touch by Freckleton trying to control the ball. Millwall striker through but 40 yards out. Thankfully Potter was covering and United snuff out the danger.

Then sloppy play by Brooks. Utd concede a free kick on the edge of the box in a central position. Shot hits the wall. Our keeper flaps at the corner but Millwall can’t punish us.

Down the other end more probing by United following a burst into their half by Brooks who loves carrying the ball.. Osula and Brooks can’t work a shot, it goes to Buyabu who lashes it over from the edge of the box. It was a wild effort and he appears to have pulled something doing so. Receives treatment but back to his feet after a couple of minutes.

Last edited:
Osula finds space closer to where he hit the bar which led to our equaliser. This time his shot is high and wide. Probably should have played Buyabu in who was free in the box.

Billy runs onto the pitch, calls Osula a greedy cunt. Ok I’m paraphrasing.

Osula gets in the box following a lovely pass by Marsh with the outside of his boot. His shot is across goal but the keeper pushes it to safety. Decent effort but not enough venom. 5 mins to go.

Extra time looming.

There’s a lot of immaturity in Osula’s play. Long ball down field by Barrett. Osula gives chase but the Millwall defender gets there first. Osula then climbs all over him and gives away a needless free kick when the defender is on the edge of the box.

Full time. Extra time.

Back
Top Bottom