Stuart McCall

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reaction score
I know it’s typically the case that when a manager gets sacked his backroom staff are replaced but I can’t understand why we didn’t keep Stuart McCall as number 2. Fantastic experience, has had more success coaching in the Championship than any of our other coaches and knows the club inside out. Alan Knill has not had anywhere near the success Macca has. But I suppose it’s jobs for the boys isn’t it!

Macca came across as a better coach than assistant manager. He seemed to thrive on the training ground, but on match days he didn't seem to offer much positively. Hecky's ill timed and baffling subs often followed a cupped hand conversation with Macca. His managerial record also seems to point to him being better suited to a coaching role than manager.

Also two relegations with us.
I'd say promoted in spite of having McCall on the staff.
Failed 3x at Bradford
Failed Blackpool
Failed Scunthorpe
Failed Rangers
I'm sure there is more.........
A bit better at Motherwell got 3rd but lost every game in Europe

Also two relegations with us.
I'd say promoted in spite of having McCall on the staff.
Failed 3x at Bradford
Failed Blackpool
Failed Scunthorpe
Failed Rangers
I'm sure there is more.........
A bit better at Motherwell got 3rd but lost every game in Europe
Could say the same about Alan Knill!
2 relegations with us. Failed at Scunthorpe, Bury etc.

Macca came across as a better coach than assistant manager. He seemed to thrive on the training ground, but on match days he didn't seem to offer much positively. Hecky's ill timed and baffling subs often followed a cupped hand conversation with Macca. His managerial record also seems to point to him being better suited to a coaching role than manager.

And Wilder continued the trend of ill timed and baffling subs.....Forest at home, game could still be won, takes off a striker for a defencive midfielder.

Baffling and clueless

Bring back Hudson for the defence while we are at it.

At least now we know why you hate Wilder, your are a big big fan of Macca.

I think it was one of Heckys biggest mistakes in bringing him in. He should have gone for a top assistant manager but at the same time that assistant manager would be eyeing his job up, so I do understand it.

Back
Top Bottom